Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
hydroxychloroquine is back on!
101. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:52PM EST
Hey, Trump is a stable genius and he takes it. Plus a chiropractor wrote that it works! I stayed at some hotel once and, sorry lost my point. The COVID got me ya know.
102. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:38PM EST
Z those references were for DMV who was questioning my earlier c&p. He wasn’t serious and never looked he was just throwing an std grenade.

The peer review I posted a few posts prior gets updated everyday as new info is reviewed and comes out. It will continue to be. That was the point of the whole thing it wasn’t political or bogus. And since it’s updated every day it now also reflects Info learned in new studies and certain reports. Can you guess which ones? Lol. Hint, NEJM wouldn’t get blackballed regardless of where they land. It’s not agenda driven.

By the way I’m aware of a massive study going on looking at it as prophylactic rather than treatment. The jury is still out. This one is a local and national thing.

My whole point is I’m not political on this topic line some including the president are. nor are my sources. When it comes to the med side it is what it is. It’s about treatment not blowing a party or person.

But to some the politics keep creeping in. That’s why I had to show my sources.
103. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:02PM EST
Teedubya I wasn’t posting that to wave my finger at you, it was just something I read and posted. This was the best place for the link.
104. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:21PM EST
No worries (you already know that) but I’d have never posted that list if the vanilla literature review wasn’t questioned. It served no purpose but to treat an STD.
105. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:46PM EST
I can't help but feel fortunate to have tapped into this constant source of real time info you provide.
It's shameful we have to make it a political forum topic.
106. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:25PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I can't help but feel fortunate to have tapped into this constant source of real time info you provide.
It's shameful we have to make it a political forum topic.

Is that your official statement as a member of a fifth column?
107. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:32PM EST
...subject to change
108. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:10PM EST
Was just reading what the issues are with those studies. 2 of them actually. Data validation issues for the most part. That’s how it is supposed to work. The process is working. We just need to not go outside the process in to the politics. (I know I know... different set of politics)

109. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:59AM EST
life would improve so much around the world if this drug had really lived up to the claims.
Understandably many are hoping the studies are wrong...but in my gut I don't expect miraculous news.
110. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:21AM EST
https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/lancet-retracts-major-covid-19-paper-that-raised-safety-concerns-about-malaria-drugs/?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=itkst

Due to the original study (now retracted) many of the ongoing trials were terminated for safety concerns.
Makes you wonder the damage done by stopping.

111. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:32AM EST
Look deeper in to it. I have. It’s better than speculating.

It’s a pretty common situation not the political barn burner some make it. Although the evidence based medicine model and research is being challenged by outside politics which started or at least was amplified in one place in regards to this drug... the guardrails are holding and things are working as they should. The crap spewed in politic and in here was not in play there. The authors’ response was as expected and admirable. This progressed as if no politics were involved.

Plenty of studies continue. I am personally aware of one, a huge one. I’m also personally aware of why the one in NY stopped (800 plus cases). Not related to the withdrawn studies at all.

And the data issue isn’t what you think. I wish the studies folks flaunted early on held this standard. They weren’t even peer reviewed let alone having their data scrutinized at this level. The data wasn’t proven wrong and it’s possible the conclusion could still be correct. The data couldn’t be easily validated or replicated (or shared). Too bad the studies with known flaws were used to put pressure to rush to treat and perpetuated in politics. Luckily the pressure was largely ignored and funneled in to clinical trials. This is how it should always work. Don’t misinterpret what actually happened here.

Folks don’t understand how all this stuff works. The folks actually using the information to treat thankfully use a different skill set to interpret these things than the political agenda driven folks. We are getting good at treating this virus despite the white noise. We really are.
112. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 11:36AM EST
so studies were NOT terminated due to the original premise of the recently redacted study regarding safety.

Good to know.

113. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 11:53AM EST
50% capacity with social distancing of tables for restaurants, bars, movie theaters. No more than 50 people. If the Trump repubs wanted to come her for their convention our govornor will expedite decreased everything expedite to make it happen, even though the mayor is very concerned that it needs to be guaranteed up-front payment for unanticipated expenses having been screwed by Trump once before when he came to town.
114. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:00PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Meenwile, florida had some 100+ deaths yeserday and may be trending up. Or, so I recal from what I read or hear on local tv today earlier today. The state, except for 3 counties, is permitting stage two of the master plan (what ever Trump tells our govenor).

I don't know if I'd call it "trending up"... at least based on the database I'm looking at. More like holding steady. LOTS of day-to-day variation, which is odd.... like swings of 300%.... that makes me think either some counties are only reporting every few days or someone's screwing around.

But remember, FL is one of the worst offenders of the "suspicious pneumonia deaths".... so who knows how many we're actually seeing there
115. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:01PM EST
Florida also may be trending down. It also may be hit by that asteroid this weekend.

Florida opened up many weeks ago and just as predicted, most of the state had Covid within three weeks and have already died. If you step outside you will see that it is completely empty. Just tumbleweeds blowing down the street.
116. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:01PM EST
Make sure they only study remedies not mentioned by the President.

117. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:01PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Florida also may be trending down. It also may be hit by that asteroid this weekend.

Florida opened up many weeks ago and just as predicted, most of the state had Covid within three weeks and have already died. If you step outside you will see that it is completely empty. Just tumbleweeds blowing down the street.

That reminds me. I owe tumbleweeds $20...
118. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:15PM EST
I take it back. The knowledge in here on how research and medicine works is super
119. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:16PM EST
victor809 wrote:
I don't know if I'd call it "trending up"... at least based on the database I'm looking at. More like holding steady. LOTS of day-to-day variation, which is odd.... like swings of 300%.... that makes me think either some counties are only reporting every few days or someone's screwing around.

But remember, FL is one of the worst offenders of the "suspicious pneumonia deaths".... so who knows how many we're actually seeing there

Suspicious pneumonia deaths.....GMAFB.

A hospital referral pushed our sales rep to county and state websites to see deaths by cause, magically we’ve cured a lot of previous issues here.....oh btw the dept manager is about as political as you are religious Vic.
120. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:20PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

We need payment of unemployment claims that have gone unpaid and are inconsitent and for paying an absurdly low benefit.
121. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:24PM EST
Those unemployment claims are unpaid because everyone’s dead.
122. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:37PM EST
At least they voted Democrat, expect the same in November
123. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:38PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

So... can I have their Social Security?
124. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:39PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

system hasn't let people sign on, and they have to wait their time in line for nothing. my 83 year old mother has been out of work since government reccomended guidelines were issued. She's only got two state checks for random weeks..
125. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:40PM EST
rfenst wrote:
system hasn't let people sign on, and they have to wait their time in line for nothing. my 83 year old mother has been out of work since government reccomended guidelines were issued. She's only got two state checks for random weeks..

What the hell was your 83 year old mother doing working before the guidelines?
126. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:43PM EST
Oregon’s unemployment system has been terrible since the Chinese virus and the democratic governors hit.

We were given 26 million federal dollars to update the state unemployment system, they’ve blamed Cheeto and fired the agency head (who OBVIOUSLY makes state general budget plans).

127. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:43PM EST
victor809 wrote:
What the hell was your 83 year old mother doing working before the guidelines?

She looks and works like she's a healthy 65-70 year old. It is probably why she is still alive. She was just a few months shy of 20 years when covid struck.
128. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:45PM EST
well.... might be a good time to retire then.

My dad finally retired at 79 and I thought that was a bit longer than he should have worked.
129. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:52PM EST
At a minimum she will get it for 13 weeks if she cant find something else to do and is not called back. Her desk at work is untouched and they haven't asked her to remove any of her personal items. She thinks they will have to call her back because she thinks she is such cheap labor and can do so many of the different jobs there. Guess we'll see...
130. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:02PM EST
Anyone else getting the letter from the IRS on White House letterhead Signed by Trump praising the covid check sent... in my case $45.xx. What a great use of time and money. Nice fed funds spent on his campaign.
131. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:03PM EST
rfenst wrote:
At a minimum she will get it for 13 weeks if she cant find something else to do and is not called back. Her desk at work is untouched and they haven't asked her to remove any of her personal items. She thinks they will have to call her back because she thinks she is such cheap labor and can do so many of the different jobs there. Guess we'll see...

The real reason is probably she’s one of their better workers at any age.
132. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:06PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
The real reason is probably she’s one of their better workers at any age.

Yup.
133. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 11:44PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

Pffft. Bogus... they don't even have tumbleweeds in Florida.
134. Author: delta1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:02PM EST
Florida's numbers can't be trusted...the governor fired the date manager, and she's saying she was being ordered to alter the numbers and refused...
135. Author: HockeyDadDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:32PM EST
Of course Florida’s numbers can’t be trusted. They’re all dead. There’s nobody there to run the numbers.
136. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:35PM EST
Well there is one left. While his residence is there and he votes by mail there, he’s in a bunker in DC surrounded by special forces. The virus will never take him alive.
137. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:36PM EST

Same with Georgia and Tennessee
138. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 1:02PM EST
delta1 wrote:
Florida's numbers can't be trusted...the governor fired the date manager, and she's saying she was being ordered to alter the numbers and refused...

Yup. He is dishonest and evasive. Governor is a Trump sycophant too. Wants to steal the Rebublican convention from wherever it is now with a D governor. Blames unemployment disaster on claimants which is not true.
139. Author: Burner02Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 2:48PM EST
Anyone up to speed on the Lancet hydroxychloroquine article retraction.

Any truth there may have been a political lean in the inaccurate data?

140. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 2:52PM EST
Lol
141. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 6:11PM EST
wishing for political solutions to health threats, I can't relate.

I'm wishing for a cure and/or a preventive and/or a vaccine.
My plan is to weep, thank the scientist, wipe a tear, and not care who he/she is voting for in November or March or when ever Trump feel is his best chance.
142. Author: Burner02Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:41AM EST
Not wishing for political solutions, just hoping lives were not lost unnecessarily due to bogus data.

Don't blame me, it wasn't me that had the responsible party on the air during the past couple of weeks toughing his data as the gospel..
143. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:59AM EST
the old school networks I watched had Team Trump on every day.
Which network had Biden's daily briefings?
144. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:18AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Yup. He is dishonest and evasive. Governor is a Trump sycophant too. Wants to steal the Rebublican convention from wherever it is now with a D governor. Blames unemployment disaster on claimants which is not true.

Robert Robert Robert...How is he dishonest? Like Andrew Gillum was a viable option? He out and out stole the nomination from a suitable candidate that most likely would've won and didn't have his baggage. Then there's this matter...

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/03/15/gillum-withdraws-from-politics-after-link-to-suspected-drug-overdose-1267145

The state of Florida dodged a bullet by electing DeSantis. If this is how he is losing I can't even begin to fathom what he would've been like in office winning!

He's not stealing the GOP convention, the Carolina governor has been vocal that they will not allow a full capacity convention that is still months away. MONTHS. Florida is showing the nation how to start opening up for business and I believe we're doing it right.

As for the unemployment claims, the system was completely overran from this pandemic. Most were missing data that won't allow a claim to file.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/coronavirus/2020/05/06/ongoing-coronavirus-coverage

The SSN was the main violator too, I wonder whom was attempting to get unemployment without a SSN? As for the entire system it runs on, that was under the last administration and John Morgan has stated that if hired he will get the money back from the idiots that implemented it and even went so far to thank him for a job well done. I hope he is used and does the job too.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnMorganESQ/videos/574361723202572/
145. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:27PM EST
has there been any challenge to the recently completed VA study of hydroxychloroquine?
146. Author: BrewhaDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 9:55AM EST
We should ask Pence - I heard he was the COVID Czar...
147. Author: bgzDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 10:05AM EST
Why you talking about hydroxychloroquine,

Haven't you guys heard the latest cure???

You have to shoot up Clorox and then shove a tactical light up your azz.

No lie, cdc reports of people doing stupid sh** with clorox have gone up... I guess they wouldn't have sun burnt anus data though.
148. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 10:42AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Robert Robert Robert...How is he dishonest? Like Andrew Gillum was a viable option? He out and out stole the nomination from a suitable candidate that most likely would've won and didn't have his baggage. Then there's this matter...

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/03/15/gillum-withdraws-from-politics-after-link-to-suspected-drug-overdose-1267145

The state of Florida dodged a bullet by electing DeSantis. If this is how he is losing I can't even begin to fathom what he would've been like in office winning!

He's not stealing the GOP convention, the Carolina governor has been vocal that they will not allow a full capacity convention that is still months away. MONTHS. Florida is showing the nation how to start opening up for business and I believe we're doing it right.

As for the unemployment claims, the system was completely overran from this pandemic. Most were missing data that won't allow a claim to file.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/coronavirus/2020/05/06/ongoing-coronavirus-coverage

The SSN was the main violator too, I wonder whom was attempting to get unemployment without a SSN? As for the entire system it runs on, that was under the last administration and John Morgan has stated that if hired he will get the money back from the idiots that implemented it and even went so far to thank him for a job well done. I hope he is used and does the job too.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnMorganESQ/videos/574361723202572/

Gillum was never an option for me. He was and is now worse than bad news. Yes we dodged a bullet in Desantis. But that doesn't mean his governorship has been a good one. your mileage may very.

I don't think that the convention should be taken at this last minute with the comitments that have been made. Especially when that governor is just following guidlines, which certainly could ease by then sufficient to hold aan open convention. I can only hope from the same from Desantis. He will make sure the convention goes down here in Orlando even if violating guidleines. I am all for my town making money, but I am concerned what will happen here after the convention. A lot of people are getting sicker here.

Yes our unemployment insurance system was overload by the pandemic. We don't pay enough to live on and the system and online portals do not work. I know two people whose benefits have been delayed or denied to date when they should have been paid.

Botom line is that I am not fan of Desantis fan of Trump or Desantis...
or reasons unrelated to covid
149. Author: jjaneckaDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 10:54AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
the old school networks I watched had Team Trump on every day.
Which network had Biden's daily briefings?

Exactly, Trump has been direct with every little tittleance of his daily activities. If he takes a šhit the American people know about it, typically in advance. This is a level of openess never seen in American politics and the fact that we even have this luxury to critique, praise or ridicule so quickly is quite an interesting thing.
150. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:45AM EST
jjanecka wrote:
Exactly, Trump has been direct with every little tittleance of his daily activities. If he takes a šhit the American people know about it, typically in advance. This is a level of openess never seen in American politics and the fact that we even have this luxury to critique, praise or ridicule so quickly is quite an interesting thing.

Give me a break. He loves the attention he gets himself.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic