Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Mueller.. Mueller..
1. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 7:38AM EST
So, if he doesn't say what you want to hear will you be ok with that or insist he's covering somethin up..?? Mellow
2. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 8:07AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
So, if he doesn't say what you want to hear will you be ok with that or insist he's covering somethin up..?? Mellow

I will only believe his testimony if it impunes Trump. Otherwise, Mueller is a liar when it comes to Trump. How about you?

Sarcasm
3. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 8:20AM EST
Laugh
4. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 12:20PM EST
Apparently Mueller is just the beginning... dozens more, especially anyone's name Mueller mentions, will be in front of Congress soon.... but it's not a witch hunt or anything..
.Mellow
5. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 12:25PM EST
Hope they can find some time to make laws and stuff.
6. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 7/23/2019, 12:54PM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:

well, they do go on vacation next month, so maybe when they get back they'll be all rested and ready to go...or not, who knows...Anxious
7. Author: joeyjoejoejr314Date: Tue, 7/23/2019, 1:20PM EST
RMAN4443 wrote:
well, they do go on vacation next month, so maybe when they get back they'll be all rested and ready to go...or not, who knows...Anxious

Vacation? Like Golfing?
8. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 7/23/2019, 1:22PM EST
joeyjoejoejr314 wrote:
Vacation? Like Golfing?

Yeah,....like that...
9. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 1:43PM EST
Cept they have to pay to play on someone else's golf course... Mellow
10. Author: tamapatomDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 1:45PM EST
I think we fare better when Congress does nothing. Send them on vacation for the rest of their term.
11. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 1:58PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
Cept they have to pay to play on someone else's golf course... Mellow

Laugh
12. Author: Mrs. dpnewellDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 4:53PM EST
tamapatom wrote:
I think we fare better when Congress does nothing. Send them on vacation for the rest of their term.

Sounds good to me.

David
13. Author: bs_kwajDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 8:12PM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:

We probably don't need no more stinkin' laws. BigGrin

Beer
14. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Tue, 7/23/2019, 9:59PM EST
bs_kwaj wrote:
We probably don't need no more stinkin' laws. BigGrin

Beer

You got me there. Maybe a 2 year recess?
15. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 5:30AM EST
Oh $hit, I was gong to watch Mueller this morning, but just realized I have a doc appointment..Was hoping to see some serious fireworks as the Dems and Repubs mentally lose it in front o the cameras.
16. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 6:44AM EST
I'm sure we'll see the highlights.... Mellow
17. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:30AM EST
On the issue of whether Trump attempted to obstruct his investigation, Mueller said, “Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the president committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today.”

Republicans pushed back on the obstruction accusation. House Judiciary Committee ranking member Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., asked Mueller if his probe was “curtailed or stopped or hindered” at any point. Mueller replied, “no.”

Think
18. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:48AM EST
Mueller is playing the part of the old unsure guy to run out the clock.

Dems are running a script and ignoring that there was no crime for the basis of this schit show.

Repubs are hit and miss on focus, PAC one did straight legal theory (Colorado rep)

*quick overview out*
19. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:02AM EST
Only listened to opening statements (Mueller, and each leader) and first 2-3 questions, but I agree that Mueller was sounding old, unsure and a bit shaky. Don't know a whole a lot about the guy, but after the presser a couple months ago, I expected self-assured, if not defiant and sticking to the report/script.
20. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:08AM EST
^ I think he’s doing this on purpose due to time constraints.
21. Author: BuckwheatDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:11AM EST
Here are the bits from his opening statement that I feel tell most of the story that we are going to hear today.

"First, our investigation found that the Russian government interfered in our election in sweeping and systematic fashion.

Second, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities. We did not address "collusion," which is not a legal term. Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.

Third, our investigation of efforts to obstruct the investigation and lie to investigators was of critical importance. Obstruction of justice strikes at the core of the government's effort to find the truth and to hold wrongdoers accountable."

I'm not able to watch the whole thing because I'm working today and unable to stream it.
I find it telling that Mitch doesn't see the need to protect our electoral process from outside interference. horse
22. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:14AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
On the issue of whether Trump attempted to obstruct his investigation, Mueller said, “Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the president committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today.”

Republicans pushed back on the obstruction accusation. House Judiciary Committee ranking member Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., asked Mueller if his probe was “curtailed or stopped or hindered” at any point. Mueller replied, “no.”

Think

Attempting to commit a crime and failing is as bad of an act under the law than actually actually committing said crime.
23. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:16AM EST
Mitch, nor anyone else, really.

Agree that it seems to frustrate Mueller greatly that even though he stressed in the report and again this morning that he's most upset about foreign interference and wants attention on it...that NOBODY really GAF...at least not until we get past 'obstruction' noise
24. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:30AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
^ I think he’s doing this on purpose due to time constraints.

I think he is being lawyer-like in answering the questions.
25. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:35AM EST
Julian the issue I have with your third point is there were lies initiating the investigation that didn’t merit charges. IMO it’s prosecutorial abuse.
26. Author: BuckwheatDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:36AM EST
tamapatom wrote:

Laugh

ZRX1200 wrote:
Julian the issue I have with your third point is there were lies initiating the investigation that didn’t merit charges. IMO it’s prosecutorial abuse.

Not my point; Mueller's third point in his opening statement. I'm not as versed in the law as you are to make a judgement call on Prosecutorial misconduct/abuse. I've only stayed in Holiday Inn Express a few times. Beer
27. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:38AM EST
rfenst wrote:
I think he is being lawyer-like in answering the questions.

Does that help explain why everyone on both sides doesn't like him anymore?

Sorry, Robert....couldn't help myself
28. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:40AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:

Even if it were clearly prosecutorial abuse....that wouldn't preclude obstruction....or even attempted obstruction crimes
29. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:58AM EST
Could you repeat the question?
30. Author: tailgaterDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 11:51AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Attempting to commit a crime and failing is as bad of an act under the law than actually actually committing said crime.

Is "attempted murder" equal to "murder" under the law?

What if I attempted to speed? Can I be given a ticket?

31. Author: tailgaterDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 11:59AM EST
".... I am unable to address questions about the opening of the FBI’s Russia investigation, which occurred months before my appointment, or matters related to the so-called “Steele Dossier.” These matters are the subject of ongoing review by the Department. Any questions on these topics should therefore be directed to the FBI or the Justice Department."

This stood out when I listened to the opening statement.

The FBI's interest in a (then) private citizen based on flimsy hearsay is a dangerous precedent. This should be the real investigation and not left for the FBI's internal housekeeping or even the DOJ.

32. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:00PM EST
They're still blaming the Russians for Hillary losing.... Trump shoulda stopped them.. but wasn't Obama in charge at the time..?? Think
33. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:11PM EST
tailgater wrote:
Is "attempted murder" equal to "murder" under the law?

What if I attempted to speed? Can I be given a ticket?

Yes, as to attempted murder and murder.
As to the speeding law, either you are speeding or you aren't won't. We don't punish "thoughts" or "intention" until they rise to include bad acts.
34. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:20PM EST
tailgater wrote:
The FBI's interest in a (then) private citizen based on flimsy hearsay is a dangerous precedent. This should be the real investigation and not left for the FBI's internal housekeeping or even the DOJ.

Who does "private citizen" refer to, Trump?
35. Author: BuckwheatDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:21PM EST
tailgater wrote:
".... I am unable to address questions about the opening of the FBI’s Russia investigation, which occurred months before my appointment, or matters related to the so-called “Steele Dossier.” These matters are the subject of ongoing review by the Department. Any questions on these topics should therefore be directed to the FBI or the Justice Department."

This stood out when I listened to the opening statement.

Keep beating that drum from Trump's playbook. You're an obedient Trumper. Sarcasm
36. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:25PM EST
Adam Schiff is so much easier to look at and listen to than Jerry Nadler.
37. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:27PM EST
Did I read that there were over 30 on the committee he faced this morning? No wonder he sounded confused
38. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:53PM EST
dstieger wrote:
Did I read that there were over 30 on the committee he faced this morning? No wonder he sounded confused

41 committee members by my count (per Wikipedia).
39. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:58PM EST
That's nuts
40. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:59PM EST
nah... nuts are usually even numbers
41. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:01PM EST
meh....can't say crazy or retarded or insane anymore....that's nucknfuzt?
42. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:09PM EST
I think we've decided you can say whatever you want.... it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
43. Author: RMAN4443Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:18PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I think we've decided you can say whatever you want.... it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I LIKE PIZZA!!! Anxious
44. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:22PM EST
and turtles
45. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:38PM EST
is this turtly enough for the turtle club?
46. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:46PM EST
dstieger wrote:
and turtles

Chocolate + caramel + pecan turtles?
47. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:49PM EST
Nah....was never much for those....

these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
48. Author: RMAN4443Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:57PM EST
Turtle Pizza....mmmmmmmmmm Anxious
49. Author: tailgaterDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 3:31PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Who does "private citizen" refer to, Trump?

Yes.

50. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 3:32PM EST
Didn't get to see but a couple minutes of this. I thought Mueller looked old and frail. Thats about all I got. But I didn't expect anything. the trenches are dug. It's time to move on.
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic