Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
11 million illegal immigrants, 2000 targeted, 35 arrested.
1. Author: pacman357Date: Tue, 7/23/2019, 8:44PM EST
Or as I'm sure Trump would say, if it weren't for Democrats, the total number of arrest would have been five million higher. Of course the admin is now blaming those who had advanced warning. Let's see, where did that notice come from? Oh yeah, the White House. Twice. But yeah, I feel much safer now that 35 are getting the boot.

35 down, 10,999,965 to go.

Last time he made this much noise about so little, I suspect Melania was thinking "just hang on until you and your parents get citizenship".
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 6:53AM EST
Damned if they get busted, damned if they don't... good coverage Pacman... Mellow
3. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 8:16AM EST
Guess we need more Obama. He deported twice as many.
4. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 8:32AM EST
That Bassard..!! Mad
5. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:03AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Guess we need more Obama. He deported twice as many.

Likely because nobody was obstructing him from doing so like the dems are now.
6. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:28AM EST
MACS wrote:
Likely because nobody was obstructing him from doing so like the dems are now.

How are the dems "obstructing" ICE deportation? That's simply a false statement MACS.

Trumpenfurher set up an ICE raid... bragged about it... ICE went out ... got a few people. The dems weren't involved in this at all.
7. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:34AM EST
How many cities have told local law enforcement agencies to not cooperate with ICE..?? Mellow
8. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:39AM EST
Sanctuary cities are the definition of Obstruction... Mellow
9. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:39AM EST
What does that have to do with "the dems" and how is that any different from when Obama was in office. Sanctuary cities have been around a while now.
10. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:41AM EST
Show me a Republican led sanctuary city... Mellow
11. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:48AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
Show me a Republican led sanctuary city... Mellow

Butler County Kansas

Do you want more?
12. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:50AM EST
Yes... cause nobody cares about Kansas... Not talking
13. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:51AM EST
A county is now a city.....

*sigh*

Not even worth pointing out the poor argument tactics anymore.
14. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 9:52AM EST
Kent County Michigan

Do you want more?
I've got a whole list of sanctuary cities/counties and states....
15. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:13AM EST
victor809 wrote:
Kent County Michigan

I'm not certain that local jurisdictional decisions to follow federal court rulings on constitutionality of certain ICE detainers makes a county a 'sanctuary'

Of course, like so much of immigration noise, no definitions are desired by any party. Having agreed terms or definitions might force intelligent conversation between the sides. Can't have that
16. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 10:26AM EST
dstieger wrote:
I'm not certain that local jurisdictional decisions to follow federal court rulings on constitutionality of certain ICE detainers makes a county a 'sanctuary'

Of course, like so much of immigration noise, no definitions are desired by any party. Having agreed terms or definitions might force intelligent conversation between the sides. Can't have that

Hell, I got no idea either. But there are States, Counties and Cities which define themselves as sanctuary. Whether it would stand up in court isn't something I've looked into.
17. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:42PM EST
victor809 wrote:
How are the dems "obstructing" ICE deportation? That's simply a false statement MACS.

Trumpenfurher set up an ICE raid... bragged about it... ICE went out ... got a few people. The dems weren't involved in this at all.

That's not the only way to obstruct, bro. I'm shocked you just latched onto that one... wait, no I'm not.

Sanctuary cities. Jails no longer working with ICE, allowing KNOWN illegals to be released. Kicking and screaming about ICE and everything and anything Trump does to try to stem the flow of illegals.

Can you see the proctologists' watch from that angle? Is it up there?
18. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:47PM EST
MACS wrote:
That's not the only way to obstruct, bro. I'm shocked you just latched onto that one... wait, no I'm not.

Sanctuary cities. Jails no longer working with ICE, allowing KNOWN illegals to be released. Kicking and screaming about ICE and everything and anything Trump does to try to stem the flow of illegals.

Can you see the proctologists' watch from that angle? Is it up there?

And how are "the dems" doing all that?

Sanctuary cities aren't controlled by congress. They are controlled by non-partisan Mayors.
Jails.... how is that congressionally controlled?
About the only thing "the dems" have done is complain about the crackdowns by ICE which the moron in chief ANNOUNCED.

This ICE is 100% trumpenfurher. He tells whoever is in charge of that department to do things... Congress isn't involved at all.
19. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:49PM EST
your boogeyman "the dems" is awfully pervasive and all powerful.
20. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:54PM EST
So, you have to be a congress dude to be called a dem.?? Huh
21. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:58PM EST
I'm no fan of sanctuary cities but doesn't all that mean is they will not use municipal or state personnel or funds to enforce federal immigration laws? I'm being serious here. I've really not much looked in to them.

If the above is true then how is it different than all the municipalities and states that will not use their funds to enforce federal marijuana laws?

I'm just thinking out loud and can be convinced differently on this one but to my current understanding the difference seems selective
22. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 12:59PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
So, you have to be a congress dude to be called a dem.?? Huh

Pretty sure if you aren't running for a specific office under a specific party you're called a "citizen".

More importantly... if a person isn't running for a specific office under a specific party, how are you identifying that they are "the dems" at all?
23. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:00PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I'm no fan of sanctuary cities but doesn't all that mean is they will not use municipal or state personnel or funds to enforce federal immigration laws? I'm being serious here. I've really not much looked in to them.

If the above is true then how is it different than all the municipalities and states that will not use their funds to enforce federal marijuana laws?

I'm just thinking out loud and can be convinced differently on this one but to my current understanding the difference seems selective

I think there have been accusations that they are also not providing information to federal agencies about illegal immigrants when they get it.

I don't know if that is true.

And additionally, providing information costs $$, so it would fall under the "not use funds"....
24. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:03PM EST
victor809 wrote:
I think there have been accusations that they are also not providing information to federal agencies about illegal immigrants when they get it.

I don't know if that is true.

And additionally, providing information costs $$, so it would fall under the "not use funds"....

Are they providing information about marijuana use to the feds when they get it.... particularly since they often would have records....

I think it looks like the same deal.... just one is outrageous the other isn't.... at least to the big government republicans... states rights only applies to slavery and weed I guess
25. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:04PM EST
Trump was all talk on the seizure plan previously executed this month.
26. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:06PM EST
Trump often talks about being a bad arse and doing things then the next moment says he didn't do anything different at all. When you can shoot someone out on 5th avenue it's great to go full Orwell and have your supporters buy in to the contradiction..... by the way I'm both fat and skinny
27. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:09PM EST
Pretty sure there have hundreds of illegals that were jailed in sanctuary cities only to be released to commit rapes and muders or both... Mellow
28. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:11PM EST
I'd bet there are evil weed users in the same boat. I'd also bet that rape and murder are both crimes for which if you are caught you go to jail period. IE nothing to do with immigration. Lots of state weed convictions have been thrown out without thinking many of those pot heads could rape or murder someone.

The real issue is you want to dictate what state and municipalities spend their money on. You want them enforcing one federal law but not another.
29. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:12PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
. by the way I'm both fat and skinny

The size of your whacker is well documented here... we know you don't have a fat one... Mellow
30. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:15PM EST
A locality choosing NOT to do feds' jobs is one thing. Formally legislating that gov't officials will NOT cooperate with fed immigration officials, even so far as to share criminals' data is a whole other thing.

AFAIK, the only court ruling stipulated that locals don't have to hold illegals beyond they're criminal holding dates just because ICE says 'hang on to them because we think they're illegal'.

Communities have gone way beyond that in order to appease their left leaning citizens and so as not to be too scary to illegals
31. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:16PM EST
dstieger wrote:
A locality choosing NOT to do feds' jobs is one thing. Formally legislating that gov't officials will NOT cooperate with fed immigration officials, even so far as to share criminals' data is a whole other thing.

AFAIK, the only court ruling stipulated that locals don't have to hold illegals beyond they're criminal holding dates just because ICE says 'hang on to them because we think they're illegal'.

Communities have gone way beyond that in order to appease their left leaning citizens and so as not to be too scary to illegals

Haven't they done the same with weed? They have registries they wont share in some cases and will not cooperate with the feds.... just looking for the distinction. And there may be one. I'm just not aware of it.
32. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:17PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Trump was all talk on the seizure plan previously executed this month.

In CA pot has been legalized for recreational use. Didn't stop my department from targeting and eradicating TONS of dope in illegal grows. In fact, they solicited help from all the facilities and some of my troops were out there helping them for 14 hours of OT pay on a few days this month.

Some big raids in Aguanga and Perris.
33. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:21PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Haven't they done the same with weed? They have registries they wont share in some cases and will not cooperate with the feds.... just looking for the distinction. And there may be one. I'm just not aware of it.

Not certain I need a distinction. If locals have official records they won't share even with lawful fed orders....I got no time for them....don't much care if the issue is illegals, weed or anything else. Got a problem with federal law, take it to the courts. Officials shouldn't have an option to simply ignore
34. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:29PM EST
dstieger wrote:
Not certain I need a distinction. If locals have official records they won't share even with lawful fed orders....I got no time for them....don't much care if the issue is illegals, weed or anything else. Got a problem with federal law, take it to the courts. Officials shouldn't have an option to simply ignore

So you are against all the local weed "legalization" efforts/legislation?
35. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:30PM EST
MACS wrote:
In CA pot has been legalized for recreational use. Didn't stop my department from targeting and eradicating TONS of dope in illegal grows. In fact, they solicited help from all the facilities and some of my troops were out there helping them for 14 hours of OT pay on a few days this month.

Some big raids in Aguanga and Perris.

illegal grows in terms of state or fed law? If a grower is abiding by all the state requirements would you enforce the fed law over the states? (assuming you are not a fed)
36. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:31PM EST
very much so. have been from the start. though I fully acknowledge that the train has left and I'm just an old fart behind the times....I'm convinced that we, as a nation, will come to regret it some day
37. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:32PM EST
dstieger wrote:
very much so. have been from the start. though I fully acknowledge that the train has left and I'm just an old fart behind the times....I'm convinced that we, as a nation, will come to regret it some day

Thank you . I appreciate consistency.
38. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:32PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
illegal grows in terms of state or fed law? If a grower is abiding by all the state requirements would you enforce the fed law over the states? (assuming you are not a fed)

I work for the county in which I live. State law. CA is controlled by "dems"...
39. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:35PM EST
MACS wrote:
I work for the county in which I live. State law. CA is controlled by "dems"...

So you are enforcing state law which makes sense. But the state is ignoring federal law. It's a weird thing to me.

For the record I'm not in support of sanctuary cities but think we need to change Fed law. I think we need to raise quotas and make coming here legally easier. But... enforce the law.

I'm pro weed legalization but think we need to change fed law. And I think we need to eliminate speed limits which I choose to ignore. However I'll not complain when I get a ticket. We need to change that law and if I ignore it it is at my peril. Just don't take my kids away from me without any record keeping.
40. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:55PM EST
My wife's brother is in the process. Her and her sister have petitioned for him to come over. If he gets accepted he will stay with us for awhile.

I think the process we have is fair. If our country is so "racist" why does everyone and their brother (pun intended) want to come here?

And this is why I feel we need to lock down the southern border. 11 million and counting... completely unvetted and many in our jails/prisons on the taxpayer dime. I mean Lock it the f*** down. I don't want a lizard to cross it without us knowing about it.
41. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 1:58PM EST
MACS wrote:
My wife's brother is in the process. Her and her sister have petitioned for him to come over. If he gets accepted he will stay with us for awhile.

I think the process we have is fair. If our country is so "racist" why does everyone and their brother (pun intended) want to come here?

And this is why I feel we need to lock down the southern border. 11 million and counting... completely unvetted and many in our jails/prisons on the taxpayer dime. I mean Lock it the f*** down. I don't want a lizard to cross it without us knowing about it.

I think it is more fair for some than others. I want to make it easier and show no mercy for those that don't follow it. I don't think we are far off, I just find the detail in who can come in and who cant combined with timelines for some over others a bit hard to support.

But I'm big on change the law don't just skirt the ones you don't like ... without repercussions.

And racism does exist more than you think. No its not everyone and every where.... and yes some use it as a tool and cry wolf.... but it's much more prevalent than folks in here portray. It's minimized in here but it's deeper than many want to know.
42. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:01PM EST
MACS wrote:

+1
43. Author: RMAN4443Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:03PM EST
rfenst wrote:
+1

Applause
44. Author: pacman357Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:18PM EST
Some people assume that because I'm liberal on some issues, that I'm liberal on all issues. Not so. I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment, for example. Enjoy time at the range, being able to protect my home and its inhabitants, and I have had a conceal permit for over 30 years. Have carried in the past, when I lived in a bad neighborhood. Not all that necessary where I live now, as the deer are the biggest threats. Well, and idiot drivers, but I generally don't recommend addressing that second thing with weapons. It seldom ends well.

I don't believe that because you were able to sneak into the country that doing so gives you any more rights than a burglar has a right to live in my attic just because he found his way in on the rare instance I'm not home. If you had kids while in that attic, I have sympathy for them, but that doesn't give you any more right to stay in my attic. If you have to choose between taking your citizen kids (the 14th Amendment could use a bit of a re-write) home with you or splitting up your family, that is your failure to plan. Your failure to plan does not make an emergency on my part.

That having been said, I think that we still need to adhere to generally accepted rules of asylum that are followed by most of the civilized world. I think that those we detain are entitled to at least basic, decent care. However, I'm sorry your home country sucks. That still doesn't give you a right to live here. Lots of people could have it better. I was raised by an abusive parent in a household that seldom had enough money to pay the monthly bills, and I dealt with PTSD over it years later. It held me back emotionally and career-wise for a few years, even though I managed to graduate law school at 24 (heavily in debt, despite working multiple jobs during school). Does that mean I get to move into a richer person's home? Of course not.

So before people start drilling their pigeon holes, you might want to have your facts straight, and I don't blame people for not understanding things I didn't lay out in clear fashion; that's on me. When you leave people to fill in their own answers and haven't provided your own, that's human nature. But don't mistake my criticism of the President's grandstanding over a tiny little bite of the corner of a much larger pie for a belief that we should just let everyone in. Despite GOP and Trump claims, I don't know of a single Dem or liberal who has come out in favor of "open borders". It'd be anarchy.

What we are seeing now is the predictable result of massive overpopulation of the planet and the disparity of wealth. I looked...the world population took roughly 200,000 years in general, and 4000 of civilization to reach 2.5 billion people in 1950. I figure that by 2020, the world will be at a popula6tion of about 7.5 billion people. That's a 300% increase in 70 years. Until we start doing something about that, immigration issues will only become more dire. However, a wall will not stop the problem. It won't stop drugs coming in through dozens of ports, and it won't stop people from overstaying their visas. Arresting 35 people after making a Really Big Damned Deal is a publicity stunt that is really red meat for the slobbering masses. We need intelligent, coordinated immigration policies and practices, with humane and reasonable treatment in order to maintain any moral authority in the world while accomplishing it.

We need real solutions, not stunts. I personally hold BOTH parties responsible. I doubt the various institutions could even decide on how to stage a group lunch these days. Despite their shortcomings, a parliamentary system might be the only way to break the stranglehold the two parties have on our political system. Until we find a way to break the stalemate the two have spun into, it's like watching a game of chess where both sides have a single pawn and their king left, and neither side is willing to concede and start over.

So now that you have your facts, spare me the anti-liberal diatribes. I can believe that people have a right to health care, a right to vote unless unqualified as a matter of law (say, not a citizen or after a felony conviction), a right to a decent education, etc., while still maintaining a belief in certain values identified as more typically conservative values. Most of all, however, we need a president who can bring the sides together, push for bipartisanship leadership and legislation, do so without being corrupt and delusional, and treat our allies with respect while refraining from worshipping the worst autocrats and dictators the world has to offer. If that upsets you, you are welcome to share your opinions with whomever might care.
45. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:36PM EST
So, you want open borders... Mellow
46. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:38PM EST
pacman357 wrote:
Despite GOP and Trump claims, I don't know of a single Dem or liberal who has come out in favor of "open borders". It'd be anarchy.

IDK....the dem debate sure made them sound like they favor open borders. IIRC, all said they'd decriminalize illegal alienism -- and I think all (most?) said they do not favor deporting someone if they haven't committed another crime....not quite tearing down existing walls, but pretty dang open
47. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:41PM EST
dstieger wrote:
IDK....the dem debate sure made them sound like they favor open borders. IIRC, all said they'd decriminalize illegal alienism -- and I think all (most?) said they do not favor deporting someone if they haven't committed another crime....not quite tearing down existing walls, but pretty dang open

I don't think that sounds like anything I heard any of the candidates say.

(not that I might not be wrong on this... I just had it on in the background because it's a clusterf&ck of candidates right now).... but "decriminalizing illegal alienism" doesn't sound like a platform which wouldn't be highlighted. I'm gonna have to ask you for a direct quote there.
48. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:41PM EST
Was a time not so long ago when the dems wanted to offer border enforcement for some amnesty - I think those days are past. I hope its just election rhetoric, but I don't see how dems get back to something that most of us would consider reasonable...some border enforcement and support for deporting anyone
49. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:43PM EST
Not too long ago there was a bipartisan deal that was killed by the extremists of both parties. Little Marco was skewered over it. Neither party really wants a solution.... especially the orange one. It's too good of red meat.
50. Author: dstiegerDate: Wed, 7/24/2019, 2:45PM EST
Castro used it to jump all over Beto. He wants to make non-legal crossings a civil penalty, vice criminal. He really got up Beto's azz about it. Others climbed aboard. Castro was citing specific law numbers and using that knowledge to prove how superior his knowledge (and position) was

for ^47
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic