Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
" Class of 2020 graduation 500 "
101. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 5/28/2020, 5:05PM EST
I couldn't find sleep today.

Was super tired and fell asleep immediately but only slept 4 hours. Stayed in bed a couple more but never dozed off.

Oh well. Back to work. Good news is I went 12 hours without a covid call yesterday so that was nice. Doubt that will keep up tho.
102. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 5/28/2020, 5:37PM EST
Ahhh that’s much better. Sitting on the porch here at the mountain house with a nice breeze and 86F.

Gotta be back down the hill Sunday to strip everything out of the kitchen. We had contracted to have all the cabinets replaced just before the COVID hit. Took about six weeks to get the new ones made but we have been holding up on the installation.
103. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 5/28/2020, 5:51PM EST
Someday I'd like to redo my kitchen. Still have everything from the early 50's in there save for appliances and we painted over the pastel colors with white. Still have the yellow tile everywhere.
104. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 5/28/2020, 11:05PM EST
My thoughts were that the old cabinets were only about twenty years old and in great shape and held dishes just fine.
I lost that battle and $14K.
105. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 1:00AM EST
Happy Friday fellas
106. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 3:06AM EST
You as well dan & all you other peeps. RollEyes
107. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 5:54AM EST
What's up, ladies?
TGIF!
No real plans today except to get over to Aldi for some produce and such. Cannot wait for my lovely wife to get home from work (even though she hasn't left yet). Hopefully, my son's internship proposal will be accepted by FSU today so my son can start his MBA program in August. Please cross your fingers for him!
108. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 6:17AM EST
Nasty kink in the neck over the last 24 hours and is continuing. Surprised my neck doesn’t protest more often. Carrying an eleven pound head must be grueling.
109. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 6:21AM EST
rfenst wrote:
What's up, ladies?
TGIF!
No real plans today except to get over to Aldi for some produce and such. Cannot wait for my lovely wife to get home from work (even though she hasn't left yet). Hopefully, my son's internship proposal will be accepted by FSU today so my son can start his MBA program in August. Please cross your fingers for him!

MBA? Seems like just a few years ago that I was sending Noah a Bar Mitzvah card. Time flies...

Best of luck to him.
110. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 7:01AM EST
What’s up looters?
111. Author: tonygrazDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 7:18AM EST
A strange year for graduations - but it might just be more memorable I don't remember anything special about my two, without the possible speaker for the college one's subsequent arrest and incarceration. Can't even remember his name - everybody was saying hurry up, but I don't think that was it.
112. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 7:19AM EST
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
MBA? Seems like just a few years ago that I was sending Noah a Bar Mitzvah card. Time flies...

Best of luck to him.

Thank you, Adam.
113. Author: SmokeMonkeyDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 7:47AM EST
Good morning, y’all
114. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 8:08AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Nasty kink in the neck over the last 24 hours and is continuing. Surprised ny neck doesn’t protest more often. Carrying an eleven pound head must be grueling.

There's a lotta rocks in there...
115. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 8:10AM EST
Hello gents.

Tea pot is on the burner. Pressed coffee in mere moments.
116. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 8:30AM EST
Cool Dudes...
117. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 8:31AM EST
Morning fella's , looks like a rain coming this way.
118. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 9:32AM EST
MACS wrote:
Hello gents.

Over under 5.5 months until you rejoin the workforce in some capacity due to boredom.

I’m taking the Under.
119. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 9:32AM EST
MACS wrote:
Hello gents.

I accidentally liberated a french press "to go" mug from my parent's house a year or so ago. So all my morning coffee on the way to work is french press.

Not sure if I prefer it this way or not. I guess it's at least quicker.
120. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 9:34AM EST
rfenst wrote:
What's up, ladies?
TGIF!

I got my MBA in UW.... easiest 2 years of school I had ever attended. Mostly "networking" (drinking) events. Really light math... I was amazed at how difficult really simple mathematical concepts were to a lot of the students.

If he's got any technical background he'll do great.
121. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 10:19AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Over under 5.5 months until you rejoin the workforce in some capacity due to boredom.

I’m taking the Under.

You know him much better than I do, but I gotta agree.
122. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 10:26AM EST
victor809 wrote:
I got my MBA in UW.... easiest 2 years of school I had ever attended. Mostly "networking" (drinking) events. Really light math... I was amazed at how difficult really simple mathematical concepts were to a lot of the students.

If he's got any technical background he'll do great.

He's going to be fine with his finance degree from the same school. It's only a one year program (like 39 credits) and will get him ready for law school. I cannot even fully imagine the background his education will give him. He's only 22 and and will come out of law school at 26 or so, ready to work his ass off for 40-50 years in any field in the universe.
123. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 10:37AM EST
I always tell you getting a masters is way easier than a bachelors. I was in a PhD program but choose making coin rather than spending it so can’t say how easy or hard it would have been.
124. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 10:42AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I always tell you getting a masters is way easier than a bachelors. I was in a PhD program but choose making coin rather than spending it so can’t say how easy or hard it would have been.

Depends on the field.

I was originally in a PhD program when I was in my early 20s. But a PhD for Biochem is significantly different. After 2 years of that my brain was done. I had no interest in anything science related at all, ever again. They offered me a masters if I wrote up my research to date. I told them "sure, I'll get back to you" and never spoke to them again. Probably the dumbest decision in my life, but I was tired... and done.
125. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 11:30AM EST
I was in a PhD program with a half scholarship and teaching stipend. It was at the same moment I was recruited to KC. I chose coin and burned a bridge. I chose KC over Ft Lauderdale. I don’t really regret it.
126. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 11:32AM EST
I'm not a gambling man, Russ... but I would not bet against you if I was.

Currently working with the Clearwater factory in Americus, GA. They have no dealers on the west coast and very few boats out here. They're willing to build it for me with the electronics I want and ship it to me. I might just have to do it.
127. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 11:49AM EST
Went for a 1 hour walk through some hilly paths around us with the wife and BIL this morning. Had a RASCC while we walked. Now I need a shower and some food.
128. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 11:54AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I was in a PhD program with a half scholarship and teaching stipend. It was at the same moment I was recruited to KC. I chose coin and burned a bridge. I chose KC over Ft Lauderdale. I don’t really regret it.

Hehe.... sucker.

That's why you stick to real science. Full scholarship plus living stipend. Of course you're a lab b$tch and spend 90 hours a week doing experiments. But that's technically working towards your PhD anyway.

Got lucky and had my MBA paid for with living stipends too. I test well and was willing to TA some engineering students interested in application of their projects in the business world.
129. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:05PM EST
Ft lauderdale sucks though
130. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:21PM EST
why do you hate half naked wimmens on da beach..?? Huh
131. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:34PM EST
Because they remind me of yo mamma
132. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:35PM EST
I’m sorry.
133. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:37PM EST
OhMyGod
134. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:44PM EST
I said I was sorry and stuff
135. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 12:48PM EST
Haha
136. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 1:34PM EST
Can't fuxxing sleep! 2 hours n it was over before noon.
137. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 1:48PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Ft lauderdale sucks though

It truly doea. I lived there for thee years.
138. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 2:07PM EST
I think technically I’d have been in a Davies. It was Florida Atlantic University
139. Author: NumismaniacDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 2:18PM EST
G'day all.

Not looking forward to mowing the back yard, but it's gotta be done before it rains again, plus a few friends and daughter with two of the grandkids are coming over to swim tomorrow. I don't want to have to deal with it tomorrow. It literally only takes me about fifteen minutes, maybe less, and that's with a small push mower. Our yard is so small, there's as much pool and concrete as grass!

Don't be bad.
140. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 2:21PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Can't fuxxing sleep! 2 hours n it was over before noon.

And you're not even 50. This is why I hated night shift. It's absolutely brutal on your body.
141. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 3:12PM EST
I usually start to settle in around the 2nd or 3rd day of my work week but this week has me running on empty.

I cant do day shift where I work now. I would be fired. The only day shift jobs I would consider require a significant amount of on-call. Might have to do it someday.

But that would also mean a move to M-F schedule. I really like my 26+ weeks off every year
142. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 3:44PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I think technically I’d have been in a Davies. It was Florida Atlantic University

My daughter went there in Boca Raton.
143. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 4:26PM EST
Ok I smoked a little then went out to mow. Finished the yard faster than ever and thought that sucked no buzz. Sat down, opened a beer looked around and thought ... **** I didn’t mow the side lawn lol. Never done that before.
144. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 5:43PM EST
TW losing it.

Time to put you in a home.
145. Author: ChenoDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 5:54PM EST
Trying to make homemade ice cream for the first time, let's see how this churns out.
146. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 5/29/2020, 5:56PM EST
getting any sleep, Cheno...or is the baby keeping you up?
147. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 6:16PM EST
Cheno wrote:
Trying to make homemade ice cream for the first time, let's see how this churns out.

I see what ya did there... I chuckled.
148. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 6:26PM EST
Back to work. Back on response team. Last night was 12hrs in covidland, at least tonight is just an occasional visit.
149. Author: ChenoDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 7:06PM EST
MACS wrote:
I see what ya did there... I chuckled.

I tried, usually I fail at that kind of honor.

delta1 wrote:
getting any sleep, Cheno...or is the baby keeping you up?

Since I been back at work, I been sleeping good. Helps that the wife is sheeting on the couch since it's helping her back for when she is feeding Quinn and laying down. So I'm not complaining done I get the king bed to myself. She is getting 4-5 hours solid over night, maybe up for 30 min-45 min then back down for another 4-5 hours so that's not too bad. Really lucky that she lets me sleep.
150. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 5/29/2020, 8:02PM EST
Made the mistake of asking if there are words to the Andy Griffith Show theme.

Yep. There is. An awful song, sung worse.

The words didn’t stick in my head but the pure awfulness stuck me like a lawn hart in the head.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic