Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev23456NextLast
99 Boxes Of Stogies On The Wall 500
151. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 8:10AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
I think I know what I’m looking at. But apparently I don’t.

Feet?

This is the original image: https://tinyurl.com/yh996n9t

Try reloading the page.

Windows: Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button. Or, Hold down Ctrl and press F5.

OS X: Hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift and then press R.

Or, hold down the ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button.

Clearing your browser history should work if the others fail.
152. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 8:17AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Bought my mom a new car Monday. In and out of the dealership in like two hours, including checking out models and test drives. Honda CRV-EX.

Wife had major foot surgery yesterday. Bunions on big toe and little toe. Microplates and screws on both sides. She's got to lay in bed for five days and I will be waiting on her "hand and foot."

Had a lot of difficulty finding a pharmacy that hadn't been waiting several weeks for a shipment that never comes in. Finally found a long time for shipments of narcotic painkillers. Could only find hydrocodone 5mg, which is a joke for the pain associated with the major procedure she underwent. Trying to get him to prescribe something stronger (oxycodone), but it is hard to hear in town now.

I think I am going to have to be driving her to and from work for like 4-6 weeks until she is fully weight bearing again.

It will all be worth it if it cuts down most of the pain she has been living with for years.

Oh man, nurse Robert is going to be busy.

Keeping that foot elevated is important.

Prayers for your wife for a full and speedy recovery. [Pray]
153. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 8:20AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
This is the original image: https://tinyurl.com/yh996n9t

Try reloading the page.

Windows: Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button. Or, Hold down Ctrl and press F5.

OS X: Hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift and then press R.

Or, hold down the ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button.

Clearing your browser history should work if the others fail.

NOW. I see the feet. 👣
154. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 8:24AM EST
Cool nature moment today. Was on a dog walk earlier in the morning, when I saw either a large mouse of a chipmunk flying through the air- attached to a large 🦉 owl.

Owl landed in a tree and just stared at us. Spooky cool.
155. Author: Huzza3045Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 8:28AM EST
Good morning folks
156. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 9:11AM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Congrats on car purchase Robert, hope you got a good deal.

Prayers for you wife for speedy healing. Pray

My mom worked for Honda for 20 years, so we did very well.
Thanks for your prayers for my wife.
157. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 12:20PM EST
95 degrees. Perfect day to build out a festival and live in a tent.
158. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 12:41PM EST
Have fun danm and drive safe.
159. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 1:23PM EST
Went to our local Wally World they rearranged the store its like walking in dam maze.Brick wall
Only good thing was picked up a Watermelon 🍉 for $4 and it is very juicy and sweet. Applause
160. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 2:27PM EST
Saw a pineapple in da fridge last weekend... I don't remember seeing it yesterday tho... Think
You think my family ate it without me..?? Huh
161. Author: Stogie1020Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 2:28PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Congrats on car purchase Robert, hope you got a good deal.

Prayers for you wife for speedy healing. Pray

+1 all around.
162. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 4:30PM EST
I bought a wooden squirrel feeder with a glass jar and filled it with peanuts. Scattered some on the ground around the tree, too. I attached it to a tree just beyond my back fence. After a few days with no visitors, a squirrel finally showed up.

He ate up the ones on the ground and is now working on the ones in the feeder. I hear blue jays all the time, but rarely see them. Surprised they haven't shown up to get some peanuts.

Tank doesn't like it. If he goes in the back yard, the squirrel disappears. Not sure why... he can't get to it. It's beyond the fence and about 6' off the ground.
163. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 5:58PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
+1 all around.

Thanks, guys. The prayers and well wishes re most appreciated!
164. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 6:29PM EST
Went it to Discount Tire and got a quote for 4 new meats. (out the door price $1112) Made an appointment for next week to get them installed. Then I went on-line with Costco and found the same tires for $200 less with my membership so I called Discount and told them to cancel the appointment. They asked iffn I wanted to reschedule for another time and I told them about the Costco deal. They said they would like to quote a competitive offer which ended up saving $230 off their original price. Angel

165. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 7:18PM EST
^I had a different experience today. Got a price from Costco ($1179.93 out the door). Figured that had to be a good price, it's Costco, right? Checked Discount Tire and it was the same price for the same tires, but a little more after installation and such.

Michelin Defender LTX 70k mile warranty... $285.99 each. d'oh!

Edit: Sam's Club same exact tires with install: $285.99 each, -$70 per set of 4 plus install - $1153.96. And I have a $30 statement credit.
166. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 7:44PM EST
Costco often has Michelin deals like $75 for for a set of four, of course you cannot always wait on new tires.
167. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 9:02PM EST
MACS wrote:
I bought a wooden squirrel feeder with a glass jar and filled it with peanuts. Scattered some on the ground around the tree, too. I attached it to a tree just beyond my back fence. After a few days with no visitors, a squirrel finally showed up.

He ate up the ones on the ground and is now working on the ones in the feeder. I hear blue jays all the time, but rarely see them. Surprised they haven't shown up to get some peanuts.

Tank doesn't like it. If he goes in the back yard, the squirrel disappears. Not sure why... he can't get to it. It's beyond the fence and about 6' off the ground.

My parents seem to feed all the birds and squirrels and rabbits in the neighborhood. One of my items on the "to do" list when I was there last week was to clean out the old bird feeders and replenish them with new feed. My Dad was there to manage the situation. (He's pretty frail so he just sat on the deck and guided me on what to do).

Reinstalled Qty 8 bird feeders and filled them up with feed (Dad buys bird food at quantities that literally fill 2 trash cans, and a you use a scoop made from old milk jugs).

He used to buy dried corn on the cob things and had various squirrel feeders but gave up on that because they would eat too much. So we are down to "only" 8 bird feeders.

Lots of suburban wild life in their back yard. Was sitting on their deck one day having a smoke and was dived bombed by a Chickadee. The deck is right next to the garage where they have a few bird houses mounted to the exterior wall. One of the houses has a nest with some babies in them. If your quiet you can hear the little baby chirps when mom comes to feed them. Kinda cool.

Another time sitting on the deck, having a smoke minding my own business... I hear a BZZZZZZ... A humming bird flew up to me 6 inches in front of my face (no lie), looked at me eye to eye, hoovered for a few seconds then buzzed away. That was the closest I've ever been to a humming bird. It was pretty cool.

There is a family of rabbits that made a home under the deck of next door neighbor's house. Neighbors don't seem to mind. My parents don't seem to mind. There is a chain link fence between the neighbor's back yard and my parent's back yard. However there is a hole in the fence at ground level. I'm pretty sure that the rabbits didn't chew through some steal fencing to make that hole. I think it was some animal lover(s) that cut a hole in the fence.

Suburban human life in tune with suburban wildlife

168. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 9:36PM EST
MACS wrote:

Love my squirrels. Do make sure they are unsalted peanuts. Guess their bodies don’t handle salt well.
169. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 5/31/2023, 10:08PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Love my squirrels. Do make sure they are unsalted peanuts. Guess their bodies don’t handle salt well.

Yes, Walmart sells unsalted peanuts in the shell but it's human food (grocery) rather than animal food so the price would be reflect that. They have plenty of varieties for animal food.

Here is a link to squirrel food

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-D-Pet-Products-Premium-Squirrel-and-Wildlife-Food-10-lb/16521287?fulfillmentIntent=Delivery&athbdg=L1600&from=/search

I would suspect that Home Depot or Fleet Farm would have something similar.

My Dad would buy these things
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/a-squirrel-s-dozen-cob-corn/0000000065535?Ntt=squirrel%20corn
And had one of these things screwed into the side of one of the trees in the back yard.
https://www.amazon.com/Woodlink-5560-Squirrel-Go-Round-Squirrel-Feeder/dp/B000XFTKUI/ref=psdc_3238155011_t1_B0B9ZZJL7B

Squirrels are amazing animals. Watch the tree rats (which are really smart) defeat various challenges. Kinda cool to watch, the vid also explains how the tree rats have inherently learned to apply physics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZFjoX2cGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvS9lvRxZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5wznn3IBE

Biologically, squirrels kinda unique. They they can rotate their ankles 180° which makes them great climbers for scrambling up and down trees.
"In human terms this would mean that you could rotate your feet around till they were pointing backwards"
http://www.nutsaboutsquirrels.com/1046/how-do-squirrels-climb-down-trees-head-first/

UNO SEXY NINE!
170. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 7:19AM EST
MACS wrote:
^I had a different experience today. Got a price from Costco ($1179.93 out the door). Figured that had to be a good price, it's Costco, right? Checked Discount Tire and it was the same price for the same tires, but a little more after installation and such.

Michelin Defender LTX 70k mile warranty... $285.99 each. d'oh!

Edit: Sam's Club same exact tires with install: $285.99 each, -$70 per set of 4 plus install - $1153.96. And I have a $30 statement credit.

I got the Michelin Defender 2 with 80K warranty. I like Discount due to their free tire rotation and free air checks.
171. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 7:22AM EST
Welcome to June gents. Looks like a nice 68/89 here today but this month historically has some of the hottest days in Az due to the very low RH. YMMV
172. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 7:29AM EST
As DED noted welcome to June & Thursday one & all 500gang. ram27bat
173. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:12AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Yes, Walmart sells unsalted peanuts in the shell but it's human food (grocery) rather than animal food so the price would be reflect that. They have plenty of varieties for animal food.

Here is a link to squirrel food

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-D-Pet-Products-Premium-Squirrel-and-Wildlife-Food-10-lb/16521287?fulfillmentIntent=Delivery&athbdg=L1600&from=/search

I would suspect that Home Depot or Fleet Farm would have something similar.

My Dad would buy these things
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/a-squirrel-s-dozen-cob-corn/0000000065535?Ntt=squirrel%20corn
And had one of these things screwed into the side of one of the trees in the back yard.
https://www.amazon.com/Woodlink-5560-Squirrel-Go-Round-Squirrel-Feeder/dp/B000XFTKUI/ref=psdc_3238155011_t1_B0B9ZZJL7B

Squirrels are amazing animals. Watch the tree rats (which are really smart) defeat various challenges. Kinda cool to watch, the vid also explains how the tree rats have inherently learned to apply physics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZFjoX2cGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvS9lvRxZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5wznn3IBE

Biologically, squirrels kinda unique. They they can rotate their ankles 180° which makes them great climbers for scrambling up and down trees.
"In human terms this would mean that you could rotate your feet around till they were pointing backwards"
http://www.nutsaboutsquirrels.com/1046/how-do-squirrels-climb-down-trees-head-first/

UNO SEXY NINE!

That post is squirrel-terrific.
174. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:13AM EST
Good Thursday Morning! It's 70°on the way to 82° today. One more day at the range and lunch with a couple of guys I worked with.
175. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:14AM EST
74 heading to 90. 5 hours of conference calls. Not sure how lunch is gonna happen.
176. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:16AM EST
Got to get the mower out today. I got on board with a No Mow May movement (sure, im either lazy, a libtard or both) with the idea temporarily saving some honeybee habitat.

Not to be confused with Mr. jOnEs and his honey pot, schemes. 🍯
177. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:40AM EST
Wife is doing well since doctor doubled her hydrocodone to 10mg every 4 hours- just like I told him she would need from the beginning.

Saga of my mother's new car ends in about two hours when we return the rental car!

82F today with choking humidity. 90% chance of rain, but I am staying home with my wife so it doesn't really matter.

Really looking forward to Game 1 of the NBA Championship starting tonight too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
178. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 9:11AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
I got the Michelin Defender 2 with 80K warranty. I like Discount due to their free tire rotation and free air checks.

Yeah, there was an "America's Tire" near the house in CA and I used to use that exclusively for that very reason. Plus I always managed a "frequent buyer" discount. America and Discount are the same company.
179. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 9:13AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

I got the Kaytee wild bird/squirrel peanuts in the shell from Chewy. Unsalted, sir... specifically for the wildlife. Herfing
180. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 9:19AM EST
I run the " I run the little rat with a tail basturds off" and youse are feeding them!?! Brick wall
181. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 9:36AM EST
Ram27 wrote:
I run the " I run the little rat with a tail basturds off" and youse are feeding them!?! Brick wall

Atonement for the number of the little bastids I shot with a BB gun when I was a kid. Anxious
182. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 10:50AM EST
Ok 👌 MAC you get a pass.Applause
183. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 11:02AM EST
Ram27 wrote:

+1 Exactly.

If you ever had fluffy-tailed rats invade your home, your fruit trees, or outbuildings you do not want to increase their population by feeding them. I leave them alone in the trees, but if they get on the house or deck, they are not welcome.
184. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 11:05AM EST
MACS wrote:
Atonement for the number of the little bastids I shot with a BB gun when I was a kid. Anxious

Meh, foxes, raccoons, buzzards, outdoor cats, buzzards, and even ants gotta eat too.
185. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 1:07PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
+1 Exactly.

If you ever had fluffy-tailed rats invade your home, your fruit trees, or outbuildings you do not want to increase their population by feeding them. I leave them alone in the trees, but if they get on the house or deck, they are not welcome.

Well then Ol' MACS here will have to flip flop and go back to killin' the bastids.
186. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 1:22PM EST
MACS wrote:
I got the Kaytee wild bird/squirrel peanuts in the shell from Chewy. Unsalted, sir... specifically for the wildlife. Herfing

I go to the old feed mill up north. Get 100 lbs of shelled corn for around $18.

Just had a monster sized smoothie. All healthy stuff. Afraid of the unknown timing of the results of the intake. But it was tasty. The three egg omelette and toast was the pregame show.

Back to watching a silent movie I’m trying to get through. Can only handle it in 20 minute increments, then get tired of reading. The movie is over 100 years old. Kind of like Whistlebridge’s liver.
187. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 1:22PM EST
MACS wrote:

Same here, Brotherman.
188. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 1:24PM EST
MACS wrote:
Well then Ol' MACS here will have to flip flop and go back to killin' the bastids.

Squirrels have chewed on the roof and dryer vents and some of the facia- to sharpen their teeth. I'd love to kill them. But, they all live in my neighbor's trees and they like them.
189. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 1:25PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
+1 Exactly.

They got into our chimney about 20, and in the garage ceiling 15 years ago. Hardened the targets. Now enjoying their hijinx.
190. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 2:49PM EST
Screw the squirrels... Not talking
191. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 5:04PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

Waz up?
192. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 7:26PM EST
Hey Robert, Drafter is hiding.
Evening peeps. Speak to the hand
193. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:24PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

kinky...but fits...
194. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:29PM EST
You'd have to have quite a .. um.. compact package if you are trying to ... enter that squirrel, Drafter.
195. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 6/2/2023, 6:47AM EST
Good morning & welcome in Friday 500 gang & all you peoples. Applause
196. Author: deadeyedickDate: Fri, 6/2/2023, 7:25AM EST
Morning Ram n all.
197. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Fri, 6/2/2023, 8:02AM EST
Mornin Ya'll.... 72 headed to 88 today and Sunshine!!!

Been awhile since I checked in, been busy getting all our chores completed before the big run to the Keys... Mrs. and I are headed out this afternoon around noon for the first leg of the journey.. meeting up with a friend of mine close to Memphis and staying the night to shoot the Chit and visit... 379 mile day, 6 hour run... Leg Two will put us Abbeville AL to meet another friend for dinner and drinks little longer run 438 miles, 6-7 hours... Leg Three we're gunna run till we can't see straight LOL 653 miles to Key Largo 9-10 hour Tour... Herfing we've given ourselves an extra days Travel and with what looks to be a tropical storm headed into FL now, we're probably going to need it. I wont run in the rain after the sun sets to many Igjets on the roads today!!!! Herfing We'll be in the Keys from 5-10 then headed up to visit family in Orlando area for a day or two. Robert if your available around the 12th it would be great to meet up with you. I think our last visit was 2009? I've gotten allot grayer since then!! Oh and balder. d'oh! LOL
198. Author: ChenoDate: Fri, 6/2/2023, 8:06AM EST
It's Friday! Happy Friday y'all.
199. Author: Gene363Date: Fri, 6/2/2023, 8:23AM EST
Good Friday Morning to All! It's a pleasent 72° on the way to 85° today.
200. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 6/2/2023, 9:02AM EST
Mornin' dudes... 76 headed to 84. Been very tolerable lately.

That'll change in July. d'oh!
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic