Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev23456NextLast
500 Free Aged Cigars
151. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 11:20AM EST
Every fishing trip I've ever had I haven't caught a damn thing. So yeah, I remember them.
152. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 11:21AM EST
Pastramis are rubbed and waiting for the smoker to warm up.

Time for a cigar in the garage
153. Author: Gene363Date: Sat, 3/16/2024, 11:39AM EST
Good Saturday Afternoon to All! It's a clear and gorgeous 73° on the way to 79° today.

Thought for today...

The fact that some people can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bugs me in a way I cannot put into words.
154. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 12:06PM EST
Lolz.

I'll add another.

I for one like Roman numerals.
155. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 12:35PM EST
I remember the trips we caught little to nothing. Had fun... but was bummed out we didn't find 'em.

But we always talk about the trips we slayed the fish, not about the ones we got skunked. That day Art and I limited out in Yellowfin Tuna... blood all over the boat, kill bag full and more fish sticking out of the bait tank cause we ran out of places to put them.

The day my buddy Rob and his son went to the Coronado Islands with me and 3 of us caught 13 yellowtail and 6 bonito in just a few hours... while keeping an eye out for the Mexican Navy because neither of them had passports or Mexican fishing permits.

The day Delta came with me and Art on my boat... Art was fighting a fish and there was a boil off to my right. I quickly casted a jig at it, landed right on top of it and then two of us were hooked up. Al was like... "Holy shit, that was an awesome cast!" Al was fighting a yellowtail and Art and I wouldn't help him. He was so tired he had his foot up on the gunnel and his leg was shaking. Landed it by himself!

Those are the times I remember... and we talk about often.

156. Author: Gene363Date: Sat, 3/16/2024, 1:17PM EST
Yup, Fishing Vs Catching.
157. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 1:31PM EST

Brought Dave some Cherry log rounds from one of the trees he cut down for me. He heats his home with wood so he was glad to get them.

Also gave him and his wife some pints of canned green beans, banana peppers and jalapeno peppers from last years garden.

Nice day here today. Mid 60's with sun and a cool breeze.

Wife and I are getting ready to start our seeds for the 2024 garden.

Hope you guys have a good weekend, and Danm you'll get em next derby. My dad always told me the most important part is showing up.
158. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Sat, 3/16/2024, 1:43PM EST
Happy Saturday allHerfing
Inside smoking only weather here
159. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 3:27PM EST
Pastramis ready to wrap.

Anyone here make their own meat snack sticks? Been making jerky for years, wanna try doing snack sticks soon. Wider variety of flavor options and cheaper than jerky. Was thinking about that while rubbing my meat this morning. This stuffs already cured, I could just trim it, grind it, add seasonings, and stuff it in a casing. I have an electric smoker that's almost exclusively a jerky box these days, I should try it. Using trimmings rather than buying expensive lean roasts and hand slicing, marinating, smoking and dehydrating jerky is costly and laborious.
160. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 3:30PM EST
Brisket been resting in a cooler for a couple hours. Almost time to slice it up.
161. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 6:40PM EST
Pastramis almost done. Fighting temps in the wind today. Finally gave in and started the electric smoker in the garage. The meats wrapped so it just needs heat to bathe in for a while.

Hard to gauge doneness when I want thin slices that hold together for sammiches. I'm thinking I'll pull by temp. Or just when my cigar is done. I think 192-195 and this corona will be done at the same time.
162. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 7:26PM EST
Every time I bring paper wrapped meat in from the smoker I think of Dr Nick's window to weight gain

https://youtu.be/AsUacGE7npY?si=0IccSo3ufDlugnkl
163. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 3/16/2024, 11:03PM EST
Saw some posts online looks like there was another shooting at my hospital a few hours ago.
164. Author: jeeblingDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 1:03AM EST
^sorry to hear about the shooting.
165. Author: jeeblingDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 1:05AM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Pastramis ready to wrap.

Anyone here make their own meat snack sticks? Been making jerky for years, wanna try doing snack sticks soon. Wider variety of flavor options and cheaper than jerky. Was thinking about that while rubbing my meat this morning. This stuffs already cured, I could just trim it, grind it, add seasonings, and stuff it in a casing. I have an electric smoker that's almost exclusively a jerky box these days, I should try it. Using trimmings rather than buying expensive lean roasts and hand slicing, marinating, smoking and dehydrating jerky is costly and laborious.

I like jerky but it never crosses my mind when I’m rubbing my meat. Freak.
166. Author: Ram27Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 5:48AM EST
Welcome to Sunday gang..........
167. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 6:21AM EST
Top o' the mornin' dudes... coffeed up... prepping for the walk.
168. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 7:14AM EST
Sunday Sunday Sunday
169. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 7:20AM EST
jeebling wrote:
I like jerky but it never crosses my mind when I’m rubbing my meat. Freak.

Rub n jerk they go together noob. d'oh!
170. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 8:19AM EST
We need a separate thread for youse jerk and rub your meat folks. Now iffn it was Giada that would be acceptable.
171. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 8:40AM EST
jeebling wrote:
^sorry to hear about the shooting.

Still no news or anything so I assume they managed to bury it or it was domestic or something
172. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 9:11AM EST
danmdevries wrote:
assume they managed to bury it or it was domestic or something

Domestic? If Chicagoland media isn’t reporting it, I’d thing more.. … foreign.

Keep us apprised.
173. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 9:13AM EST
Snow flurries this morning.
West Ham v. Villa.
Chat with the boy mid morning then dogwalk.
Meatloaf should help induce a nice nap.
174. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 9:38AM EST
Morning all. Inside smoking weather again today.
Headed to the shpo for church.
175. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 10:12AM EST
Good Sunday Morning to All! It's 59° on the way to 73° today.
176. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 10:52AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Domestic? If Chicagoland media isn’t reporting it, I’d thing more.. … foreign.

Keep us apprised.

No updates anywhere. Messaged the local scanner nerd group. Said it was suicide in a vehicle in staff parking but had no further information.
177. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 11:19AM EST
Got the walk done earlier... it's already 78 out there. Headed for 87... oof.

Sittin' on my butt today. Need a day of rest. Might have a cigar and a pour of the redneck whiskey (as opposed to Irish whiskey).
178. Author: jeeblingDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 12:07PM EST
Did a round trip to DFW last night to pick up my older brother. My back, neck, hips are feeling it today. We’re sitting on the porch having coffee and I’m smoking a La Gloria. Nice to be with family.
179. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 12:21PM EST
Putting new rollers on boat trailer. Bit of a pain. Be lucky to do it myself and stay under 1000$. Old Grady 190 tournament. Solid boat. Honda 150. Lost a couple rollers over the years and decided it was time for new. I don’t go too far offshore unless I have a buddy boat.
180. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 12:22PM EST
The pine trees are having their annual sex orgy, everything is coated in lime green pollen.
181. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 12:32PM EST
Saw a big diamondback on our hike in the preserve this morning. Honored our truce. They leave me alone and I leave them alone. Played hide and seek with a couple coyotes also.
182. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 12:57PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
The pine trees are having their annual sex orgy, everything is coated in lime green pollen.

We are getting oak pollen on the cars even we simply forget to close the garage door. No car wash for another week or two. It also kills my pool for like 3 weeks every year. Got to get it of the walls an into the filter. Then, I'll just replace the filter as it is already almost 2 years old.
183. Author: dkeageDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 1:16PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Saw a big diamondback on our hike in the preserve this morning. Honored our truce. They leave me alone and I leave them alone. Played hide and seek with a couple coyotes also.

No rattlers here, but we had a coyote that was following us a couple of times a few weeks ago. Got some dog spray to carry. Haven’t seen him since..
184. Author: jeeblingDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 2:15PM EST
Gene363 wrote:

Same here in East Texas. At least it sticks to my pickup windows and ruins my wash job!

Sarcasm
185. Author: COHoyoMan68Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 2:47PM EST
Gene363 wrote:

Really...it snowed here again...all we have is snow. Another month before we get anything else. I am tired of white...
186. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 2:54PM EST
COHoyoMan68 wrote:
Really...it snowed here again...all we have is snow. Another month before we get anything else. I am tired of white...

Well... you live in Colorado.

Gene363 wrote:

Yeah, that shiite is everywhere here, too.
187. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 3:04PM EST
We only got one decent snowfall this winter.
188. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 5:23PM EST
We only got one decent snowfall in the last 2 years.
189. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 5:47PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
We only got one decent snowfall this winter.

Am still on my initial tank of gas in the snowblower. Not that I’m complaining.
190. Author: dkeageDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 9:05PM EST
Do you ever think that after 31 years of marriage, that you might have married a crazy person?

Yeh, me neither…
191. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 9:21PM EST
Channeling my inner Palama and spent a couple hours sorting, labeling, and documenting every cigar in my stash. Been loading up for the past few months. I've wanted to do it forever but just..didn't. Today I got a box in the mail from a fiver sale and there were two repeat five packs from a fiver sale a month ago. At least I paid the same amount both times. But I need something more robust than my brain to keep track of what I have. I'm pretty good at remembering what's here but clearly there are lapses.

Everything is now in a spreadsheet. Every single cigar is labeled with a nice typed date. Now I just need to stay on top of it going forward. Will be nice and easy to reference pricing and stock on hand before a deal entices me.
192. Author: Stogie1020Date: Sun, 3/17/2024, 10:57PM EST
Since we canceled our weekend drive to the grand canyon, wifey and I took the kids to the children's museum yesterday and to a lake nearby today. They had a blast at both and now I am pivoting from planning a do-over to the grand canyon to a trip to Zion and Bryce instead. I think it will better for little kids. It's two more hours to drive there but you can stay very close to the park and a lot of the stuff to do like hikes and exploring are shorter and closer so the kids can do a cool hour hike and be be done by lunch.

I remember hiking all the way to the bottom of the GC when I was six, but I don't remember enjoying it much...
193. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 3/17/2024, 11:21PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Channeling my inner Palama and spent a couple hours sorting, labeling, and documenting every cigar in my stash. Been loading up for the past few months. I've wanted to do it forever but just..didn't. Today I got a box in the mail from a fiver sale and there were two repeat five packs from a fiver sale a month ago. At least I paid the same amount both times. But I need something more robust than my brain to keep track of what I have. I'm pretty good at remembering what's here but clearly there are lapses.

Everything is now in a spreadsheet. Every single cigar is labeled with a nice typed date. Now I just need to stay on top of it going forward. Will be nice and easy to reference pricing and stock on hand before a deal entices me.

Herfing
194. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 3/18/2024, 5:52AM EST
Monday morning check in , mornin all.
195. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 6:25AM EST
25, wc 15. Flurries.
Shpoing in a bit.
196. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 6:27AM EST
danmdevries wrote:

Had a spreadsheet. Keeping it up wasn’t something I could keep up.
197. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 6:28AM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Since we canceled our weekend drive to the grand canyon, wifey and I took the kids to the children's museum yesterday and to a lake nearby today. They had a blast at both and now I am pivoting from planning a do-over to the grand canyon to a trip to Zion and Bryce instead. I think it will better for little kids. It's two more hours to drive there but you can stay very close to the park and a lot of the stuff to do like hikes and exploring are shorter and closer so the kids can do a cool hour hike and be be done by lunch.

I remember hiking all the way to the bottom of the GC when I was six, but I don't remember enjoying it much...

We did the burro ride to the bottom back in the 70s...that was AWESOME!
198. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 6:38AM EST
Cool Dudes...

Guess I'll go to work... Think
199. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 6:45AM EST
Made it... had to stop and make another cup of coffee on da way.... Mellow
200. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 3/18/2024, 7:07AM EST
Welcome back to Monday fellas
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic