00camper
22 years ago
I read somewhere in one of the many "cigar histories" that during the 19th century it was considered uncivilized to leave the band on one's cigar while smoking because doing so might embarass the fellows among the group who, because of their circumstances, were smoking less expensive cigars than you. So, I pose the style question to the group: band on or band off? My personal preference is off, what about you?
BeatDragon
22 years ago
Smoke it close to the band then remove.

Unless its a Cupido then I take it off earlier to save the sticker!
usahog
22 years ago
Sometimes I leave the band on all the way up to little past half way of smoking the Cigar... sometimes I'll pull the band at first light... depends on how loose the band is to begin with... I'll then wear it on my small finger of the hand I am holding the Cigar with.. until I complete the Cigar in question.. I then tuck the band in my Cig Case and empty later in my Cigar room...If someone questions on the price of the Cigar you are smoking then you have 3 options..
1. offer them one.
2. ask them if they prefer the less expensive cigars over the expensive brands..
3. tell them where they can find them and give them a number or link...

Obviosly this day and age these persons who would frown on the cost of a good cigar hasn't had the opertunity to enjoy a good cigar!!!!

to me I would offer whatever I had with me at the time...and I just did this Sat. night at a party... I turned a guy into a Puro's Indio's Cigar Nut!!! and left him with another one for the following day... although he was stoned.. when he started smoking the cigar all he could say was Wow.. this isn't store bought LMAO!!!!!

Hog
mrtelcom
22 years ago
OFF. I have a big mouth, I hate when I get a piece of band when hunkering down.
prflani
22 years ago
I prefer to leave the bands on...They add a nice flavor to the cigar when you get down near the end...
remington850
22 years ago
I generaly take my band of about half way down and save them.

Remington
timhampton
22 years ago
I leave the band on until about an inch away from it.

I have yet to have the opportunity to herf with anyone other than my wife since I started smoking them only 6 weeks ago.

Tim
gerber
22 years ago
I always take the band off once I've smoked one-third to one-half the cigar.
0patience
22 years ago
For me, it depends.
If it is a good construction cigar, then I remove it. If it looks like the wrapper wants to unravel, as some do, I leave it to help hold it together, if you know what I mean.
eleltea
22 years ago
Lately I notice I have been digesting part of the band by taking too big a chomp so I take it off early. Or I just smoke one of my favorites, the LFD 2000 Cab #4 which has no band.
Steve*R
22 years ago
Sometimes I listen to an old LP of The Band when I'm enjoying a cigar.
dz130
22 years ago
Unless it's loose, I leave mine on until I get near it. Then the heat usually loosens it up enough to take it off without damaging the wrapper.

Doug
wekikther4wer
22 years ago
If the band wants to keep playing while I'm smoking it's ok with me.
JonR
22 years ago
Monica says: " I tell BC to remove the band because sometimes it scratches my lips ". LOL JonR
al'Thor
22 years ago
what dz130 said...

This is funny because the other day I was at a bar and this guy leaned over and said - do you always leave the band on? I said that I do until it burns down and he started telling me how poor etiquette that is and how seasoned cigar smokers who have class will not go around flaunting their cigars - told him he obviously hasn't smoked a lot of cigars or he wouldn't be intimidated by the frog on the band...

I've had several instances where the band will become stuck to the wrapper and will tear it if you try to remove it - I've had this happen on AF's, Ashtons, and a few others. I also like it when others leave their bands on so I can see what they're smoking and and know if I want to associate with them or not....
ikonoklast7
22 years ago
I like leaving it on, because it looks nice. And since I usually smoke past the band, I take it off when the cherry gets too close.

I collect the bands off my cigars, so do this works better, because it'll slowly heat the glue on the band, making it easier to remove without ripping.
Cigarick
22 years ago
I used to save just the ones I liked, but now I'm saving them all because my wife has some kind of project in mind for them.
spence28
22 years ago
What dz said about the band

Al'thor - nice response to the a$$hole
Users browsing this topic