ajeroth
22 years ago
Well I picked up a Flora Fina 858 at my local shop thinking it was a sungrown. But looking at the picture post it looks to be not a sungrown. Any thoughts on the regular version....

ajeroth
mrtelcom
22 years ago
What color is the band? Does it have cedar on it?
tonester666
22 years ago
I did not care for the nat and the maddie was just OK.
SwimNaked
22 years ago
I had an 858 Maduro last night and it was as tight as any cigar I've ever smoked. Flavor wasn't that great either, but I think could have improved after half a year or so.

So I say if the one you have isn't tight, let it rest then enjoy!
dbguru
22 years ago
This always baffles me... everyone who tries the other 858s besides the SGs, myself included comes away dissapointed, yet the sungrown is so sought after. I tried a natural 858 3 nights ago and while it smoked respectibly, it was nowhere close to my satifaction with the sungrown line. Is it really all in the wrapper. Seems like everything wrapped by fuente in their sungrown wrapper really tastes great. I wonder why, and what makes the 858 SG so good. Is it really all in the wrapper?

BTW just won a few 858SGs in an auction on another site. I was down to my last one.... Now I can smoke that one this weekend!!
SwimNaked
22 years ago
Not sure, but I can tell you that there's absolutely no comparison between the 858 Maduro and the 858 SG Rosada I had. They are worlds apart, the SG R being much better. I guess that goes without saying, but whatever.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I have a box of 858 Maduros... I love 'em.
al'Thor
22 years ago
I used to not think that the wrapper had that much 'say' in the overall flavor of the gar - but many seasoned veterans told me otherwise and I'm starting to believe them. There are many other lines by diff. brands that vary only by wrapper and taste worlds apart - seems like the wrapper can make all the difference...
Slimboli
22 years ago
The wrapper DOES make all the difference in the world to a cigars flavor!

Although opinions will vary ... it contributes 40+ of the cigars overall taste ...
ajeroth
22 years ago
I guess its a natural. It doesn't have any cedar. Just gold lettering on the wrapper. I'll have to ask about the sungrowns...
Slimboli
22 years ago
ajeroth --- the black foot on all the Fuente production cigars signifies that it is 'sun-grown' ...
ajeroth
22 years ago
Well then I guess I was gifted a sungrown in a trade one time. Because I have had an AF with a Black band at the foot. Interesting. Thanks everybody.
al'Thor
22 years ago
go thank that person RIGHT NOW!!!
Users browsing this topic