Phat Man
22 years ago
Well guys, I just signed my life away on my 1st home, and I think that this calls for a celebration! I've been saving a PAN for a special occasion, and I think that this might be it. Can someone suggest a good drink to go with it? I have some 18yr Glenlivet, and I was thinking about having that. All suggestions appreciated!
turnberry
22 years ago
That would be good. Neat with a splash.
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
If you want to go out and get a new bottle I can highly suggest the Glenfiddich 30 yo. I opened mine last night and it is one of the better scotches I've had. It's $140 here in PA. Another idea would be Gautier XO "Pinar Del Rio" Cigar Blend Cognac, About $65-70.
Lowman
22 years ago
RknRmnd
22 years ago
Phat Man, Congratulations on your first home! My suggestions may not be best for your taste. I like Remy XO if I have to choose. All things considered, drink what you have because in days to come you will need all your resources to furnish your new home.
RJ
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
^^^DITTO^^^

I once did an open mike at an unnamed national comedy club. I got invited back by the owner to have a 15 minute spot. I did a bit about the joys of home ownership. The bulk of the spot was about the house(spoken like Amityville horror...GET OUT) knowing exactly how much you had in your wallet when you pulled up because the car(spoken like Rochester)flashed the headlights to the house notifying it as to the exact weight change in your wallet. Of course there was the better half(spoken like Alice Kramden)that always got hers no matter what. Whatever was left over...you got to smoke,drink or spend on your hobbies. There was never enough to make the hobbies really fun, but if you have a home...well, you'll find out. In the same skit I talked about my old neighbor that moved in, and it was his first home. I knocked on his door, let him know who I was and gave him a welcome present consisting of a 6 pack, the local yellow pages with the GOOD pizza places dogeared and highlighted and a copy of the Tom Hanks film, The Money Pit. The 15 minutes flew by and at a couple of points I had the entire place laughing. If you've ever been to a comedy club, then you know firsthand that its not an easy thing to do. There were a couple of hecklers at the end that showed up to see their friend who was on after me, but they were easily dismissed as mere renters in the midst of true homeowners. I got invited back a handful of times after that but nothing matched that experience. It was a fond memory where I got to expose homeownership for the fraudlent rip off, er experience of a lifetime!

Wouldn't trade it for any apartment anywhere. Your selection is perfect. Enjoy, and don't forget to take a lot of pictures for the before and after and after and after and after. And the old adage...new home new furniture ALWAYS stands the test of time. Just be sure to "mark your territory" and establish a cigar friendly zone somewhere on your property...and watch The Money Pit...just go buy it...you'll rent it enough to warrant the purchase!

Good luck!
Users browsing this topic