yoda21
  • yoda21
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
like the hemmingway short story auction
5 pack is already $27 + 4 and I buy these
locally for 5 and mail order at $100/25

lot of people seem to be bidding to the heavy side
CI must be loven it, and making a bundle

The purios indios deal is sweet thought.
rkkaussie
22 years ago
Just read your post. Please respond to mine about the puros indios. Thanks!
Skatty2hotty
22 years ago
what about the people that can't get them locally for under $6 and don't want to spend $100?
SteveR@CigarBid
22 years ago
Also, you can get them 25 for $100. Buy a Miller Lite at the bar by the bottle and pay $2-$3. Buy the case of 30 for $19. Bulk saves $.
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
If you shop wisely you can get reasonable prices on many items. Short Story for $103, Don Carlos Presidente for $189, Diamond Crown #1 for $155 etc. etc.
al'Thor
22 years ago
it's all relative. depending on local taxes, availability and your desire/ability to buy a box or just five... it's hard to judge
Steve*R
22 years ago
Excellent points.

Take for example the Cusano Xclusivo Preferido. The cheapest box price you'll generally find anywhere, without taxes added is $6.00 a stick. I've bought them several times at CBid for $4.00 a stick+shipping (usually minimal with a box in the order) In some states, there is a 37.5% tobacco tax and a 7.5% sales tax. That's makes for an over the counter price to the consumer of $8.70 per cigar. So if someone in that state sees a five-pack at Cbid for $25.00, it's still a pretty good deal.
Ridgerunner65
22 years ago
I never seemed to find the ERDM Flor del Llaneza singles at a reasonable price. Until recently, I didn't feel the need to buy 35 in order to sample them.
I do agree that some bid prices here seem a bit over the top, wonder if it's the thrill of the auction
eleltea
22 years ago
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Slimboli
22 years ago
LOL @ eleltea ...

... yup, seems like the ***same ol' - same ol'*** sometimes, doesn't it ... hehehe!
Slimboli
22 years ago
BTW yoda21 --- where I live, Short Stories sell for over $8 each ...

$27 for a 5-pack would be a steal for me ... I think I'll go bid on them!
Slimboli
22 years ago
...oops ... it's for only four, but still better than what I can get them for locally ...
johnfs
22 years ago
Short story in a local here goes for $12. Now talk about old!
Slimboli
22 years ago
... and 'odd' too ... 😉
Tazziedevil
22 years ago
I know for me, I don't have room to buy multiple boxes, so I have to bite the bullet and pay a little more for the 5-packs.
Users browsing this topic