tonester666
22 years ago
Glad to see you posting here again. Hope everything is working out for you. Now when will we see more of your reviews?

Your Bday is coming up real soon also.
Fatshotbud
22 years ago
Hey thanks Tony good to be back!
Still have not got life back to an even keel but alive and kicking.

Here is a review on something I just tried.

I have seen many mixed reviews of the Mantequilla regular and Tapa Negra lines.
I am one of those people who is not easily biased or impressed by what others say and must find out things myself to be satisfied (probably since Dad came from Missouri).
With that said I move on...

Mantequilla Tapa Negra #38

Wrapper - Ecuador Sumatran / Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro (head)
Binder and Filler - Nicaraguan
Cigar Size: 4.5” x 38 ring.

Qualifying statement: This cigar was gifted to me and already had some age on it. Previous to smoking, it had rested in my humi for over two weeks and was served up @ 64% RH. Time of day was 1300hrs.

The construction - slightly rough looking wrapper, very good (firm) consistecy the length of the barrel with a fairly decent pigtail finished head.
Cut smoothly with no fraying and exhibited an only slightly challenging predraw. I consider this good for small ring cigars as it seems to reduce over heat tendency from agressive smoking.
The foot needed only a short amout of toasting to coax it to life. It light evenly and burned through the complete smoking in very good fashion.
The medium grey colored ash held firm to +1/2" and sported a rounded cone shaped cherry upon release.
This small cigar packs more kick than its big brothers. There is a definite nutty taste like fresh shelled pecan with ample woody tones to bring it to a solid medium strength. I did not find it quite as creamy as the larger ring size Tapa Negra.
The finish seemed a bit short but, all in all, a well balanced smoke good for a quick 35 minute smoke.

BUD
tonester666
22 years ago
I put your review in it's own thread.
Fatshotbud
cigman627
22 years ago
Sounds buttery!


...cigman
Slimboli
22 years ago
Thanks Fatshotbud --- for turning a thread that belonged on the 'miscellaneous' board, into one that fits on this forum ...

;^)
gorob23
22 years ago
Hey bud welcome back and
I think slim just did a no look slap on tonester???, wow nice fade away slim lol
Users browsing this topic