eleltea
  • eleltea
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Sorry, Billy, but I just had to share this. Gilberto Oliva (Oliva O, Flor de Oliva, many others) stopped in my local this afternoon when I was there. We talked cigars for a while. He is obviously dedicated to making fine cigars and had some great stories. He gifted me with a red band O and a Flor de Oliva Cammie. What showed up a bit later was the most beautiful cigar box you ever saw, a box of the brand new and extremely limited Oliva Master Blend. What a pretty stick. A very subtle band and even has a little emblem stamped right onto the wrapper. Had to wonder how they did that, but I forgot to ask. I had planned to be in and out, as I had just gone in to pick up some cigars to ship out for a couple of trades, but I was forced to delay the shipments for a day. What a nice afternoon. Yep, there are benefits to patronizing your good local dealer from time to time. See you at the Fuente charity event Saturday night.
mrkmitch
22 years ago
eleltea,
Think you'll really enjoy the Master Blend. I was told the flor de le type monogram is laser burned onto the surface of the wrapper. Very cool notion if true. I reviewed it recently on the boards here and found it a very satisfying smoke.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I picked up two of the torpedos today. The emblem looks pretty cool.
dz130
22 years ago
Got two yesterday with the 858SGs.
al'Thor
22 years ago
Haha - Gilberto is stopping by our Addison shop this afternoon - so I look forward to having a similar experience!!! Oh, BTW, Lee - I'm still working on that commitment tomorrow night - *might* be able to wiggle out of it and still meet up with you - sorry to keep you hangin' - should know today...

-E
eleltea
  • eleltea
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Al, remember, some things if you miss you can do again tomorrow, or next week, or next month. Saturday night is it for at least a year. Come on over.
Users browsing this topic