cigman627
22 years ago
Yep, Jeff, I picked me up some of them MX2's before the Toast (cap included!). Richard (H & R's owner) was donating a percentage of all the days sales to CFCF, so I picked up a bunch of other new things as well... DC Maximus Pyramide #3, Forbidden X, Torano 1916, PAM, Partagas Spanish Rosada, Fuente SG's in a virety of sizes, Padron Maddies and a few others.

The silent auction raised another fifteen grand for CFCF, BTW!

All in all a very good evening!

...cigamn
lenny4z
22 years ago
Hey cigman, have you tried the MX2 yet? I hope you like them, I have a feeling you may be getting another 😉

-Lenny
mjw51
22 years ago
POSTED ON CIGAR NEWSGROUP THIS AM

CAO MX2 Toro
6.0 x 54
Purchased at local Pipe World
W: Conn Broadleaf Maduro B: Brazilian Maduro F: Nic, Hon, DR, and Peru

I saw these in my tobacconists humidor, and had to see if they lived up to
the hype. They are currently limiting people to 2 cigars per person, so I
picked up 2 Toros.

This is a beauty, for sure. It has a dark, milk chocolate brown wrapper,
with a light, oily sheen to it. The seams are all clean, no major veins or
imperfections. The cap is slightly off center, but it only serves to
emphasize this is a hand made product. It feels very firm, almost hard,
with no soft spots anywhere.

It clipped cleanly, with no tobacco crumbs. Pre light draw was medium to
firm. It toasted evenly, and lit up nicely.

The flavor and smoke are both pretty light to start out. There is a hint
of dark chocolate that maduros sometimes have, but the main characteristics
are light, and smooth. It also seems to have a very light natural
sweetness to it.

About 1 1/2 inches in, the flavor starts to build, and the smoke becomes
more substantial. It is still very smooth, and very pleasant. There is a
little tanginess building in the flavor, but the dark chocolate maduro
flavor is still there.

The ash is mottled light grey, tends to be kind of on the light side, but
holds for about an inch and a half before breaking off cleanly. The burn is
close to perfect.

At a little over the halfway point, the flavor begins to pick a coffee
character. The chocolate note is still there, but the flavor becomes more
complex. I still don't detect any cedar or wood to it, but the primary
components of chocolate, coffee, and a rich earthiness are all there,
without any bitterness. As I got close to finishing it, I felt just a faint
hint of nicotine towards the back of my pointy little head.

Overall, I'd say CAO has another winner on their hands, IMHO. Despite the
marketing hype, this actually is a pretty good cigar. It stayed tasty all
the way to the nub, and never grew bitter or unpleasant.

8.5 out of 10

MARK
____________

Everything that Goes Around...
tonylum
22 years ago
There at my local shop, and there's no limit. In fact if you buy 5 you get a mx2 baseball cap. If they still have them next week, I get me a hat or two.

[email protected]
plabonte
22 years ago
Just called my (not so) local store and they have them and the hats. Think I'll stop Wednesday on the way to my gig.
Jon@CAO
22 years ago
gideon - Was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you. Thanks for coming out and supporting CAO Friday night.
Penguin13
22 years ago
Sorry I couldn't make it Jon 😞 I called the store but you weren't there yet. I wanted to meet the Infamous Jon Huber and pick up some MX2's. When you going to be in Chicago next?

KC
cigman627
22 years ago
I'm a third of the way down on my second MX2 and agree with everything Mark says, however, I have to add that I pick up a hint of molasses. Not sweet mind you, just the flavor...

I too think that CAO has hit the mark again, and Lenny you can send me all the MX2's you want!

...cigman
HockeyDad
22 years ago
Finally found these. Finally tried them. I'm impressed. CAO nailed this one.
Slimboli
22 years ago
... and I got's me a whole box of the Belicoso's ... 😉

... but still no ***#@%&*** cap !!!
Jon@CAO
22 years ago
Slim - Send me an e-mail and let's take care of this...

[email protected]
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Jon@CAO,
Did Cigar World, in Hot Springs, Arkansas get any????? I'll drive the 90 miles one way trip, for a box of those. They are the closest shop, to me, that carries CAO products. If not, when will we see these, on c-bid????
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Homebrew
22 years ago
By the way, I have been lobbying my local to pick up CAO products, but to no Avail. It's a bummer. Thank God I can get them here.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
cruiser
22 years ago
Cruiser I dont buy any big promotion buy 5 get a cap free my store did not receive any caps, however I am still gonna smoke the gol and the samba. Amen
Stickbow
22 years ago
I finally scored a box of the bellicose and man they are worth the wait. I have smoked several now so I think I can say I enjoy them. I am a big Samba fan and I must say I did expect a little more zing of spice but as Maduros go I think this is a winner. I bought a box and I didn't get any stinking hat. What do I have to do to get a hat buy a case of boxes?
Users browsing this topic