jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Picked a couple Toros last night at my local shop. Retail was $5 - cheaper than the Brazilia. I haven't had a chance to smoke one yet. To be honest, they smelled a little green, but I will hold off judgement until I put a fire to it. The band is very cool, props on that.
al'Thor
22 years ago
Mr. Dobson... would you care to follow me to the trades room? ethanareed at sbcglobal.net
jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I don't do a lot of trading myself in general. Are you unable to get them where you are at?

If you need you can reach me at ...
jdobson at austin dot rr dot com
choner
22 years ago
My local store doesn't have any yet, and when they do, it'll probably be like 8-9 bucks a stick. You are one lucky fella.

Way to go Ethan!

choner

jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Really? Maybe they were mis-priced. Sometimes this happens where I go when stuff is new. But they told me that since the Brazilian wrapper was more expensive, the MX2 would be cheaper.
Stickbow
22 years ago
I want some of these badly. My store hasn't got any yet and I'm a twitchen to try one.............
al'Thor
22 years ago
First dibs! First dibs!!
Rasta
22 years ago
I'm on my way to pick these up locally in a few minutes. Store says they were asked to limit purchases to two but he will sell a few more since I have to drive 30 miles to get there.
al'Thor
22 years ago
thanks for rubbing it in...
Slimboli
22 years ago
jdobson --- remember that there is a big difference between 'green' and 'fresh' ...

Most factories (especially the good ones) will not release their cigars while they are in their 'green' or 'sick' period, and will age them well past that stage.
jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
It was just a comment on my initial unlit whiff. It was a bit unusual. I had heard that the MX2 was brazilia wrapped in an extreme. The wrapper is definitely darker than an extreme's.

I don't expect there to be a problem with green flavor when I smoke it tonight. I know CAO makes good stuff. I much more concerned with it being a under humidified. The pair I got seemed a lit on the hard/dry side. I probably ought to tuck 'em away and let 'em sleep a bit. But I would much rather smoke one a little dry now and be able to be the envy of all of you waiting on them for a while - heh heh 🙂
ky70
22 years ago
I just picked up two today at a local shop...what a beautiful cigar...."him dead" tonight
Rasta
22 years ago
Picked up 5 an hour ago...and got a really cool hat for free. I will have to smoke one to test and then put the rest away for a while. Mine seemed a bit wet.

By the way mine only cost aorund $5 or $6 depnding on size. The shop did say they had received a fax asking that only 2 per cusotmer be sold which is probably a fair deal if supply is a little short...that way evryone that wants to try them can. Funny part was the box has the buy 5 and get a hat for free offer right on it. Luckily my guy allowed me to get 5 since I had to drive a few extra miles to get to him and since I am a pretty good customer.
jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Darn. I wish I had remembered to see if they got any of the hats.
Rasta
22 years ago
The hat is REALLY COOL. Worth the price of the cigars on its own.
cigman627
22 years ago
Jeff,

Did you find these at H's and L's or another shop? I'm going to be there tomorrow for the Fuente thing, but would appreciate an email if you found them in another store so I could pick some up beforehand.

Thanks,

...cigman
gideon
22 years ago
Went to a CAO sponsored tasting last night at my local shop in Chicago and picked up one for myself and two for Penguin13.

And I even got to hang out with the elusive John Huber of CAO - he was officiating last night...
dz130
22 years ago
Just picked some up at one of the locals. Got my hat, too. All sizes were less than $6.00! Lit one up right away. All I can say is that this was one of Thickest, Creamiest, most Delicious cigars I have ever had! Find one of these NOW! You won't be disappointed.

Doug
jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Cigman, as I am sure you know by now, I got them at H&L. I missed the Fuente herf tonight though 😞

I smoked the MX2 last night and it was pretty good. Very, very smoky. Also one of the more complex cigars have smoked. A tad harsh, though, so I still think I prefer the Brazilas, of course my taste is a little towards medium so strong sticks sometimes overwhelm me. With regards to the touch of harshness, I think this would go away with a little humi time - maybe 6-12 months. With a little age, I think this is going to be a really special smoke.
ky70
22 years ago
Gideon,
I picked up mine from the same shop earlier that afternoon (while visiting Philly's Best for a chicken cheesesteak)....BH makes the most out of the limited space they have...great selection!
Users browsing this topic