Rasta
  • Rasta
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Saw these in a local shop for $50-$70 a stick. Are they really that good? I suppose for a special occasion it might be fun to get one but that seems steep.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
They are a very good mild smoke. Worth what they're asking? No way. X
rudy1946
22 years ago
They are very good. 40 to 50 very high. You can pick them up on the net for about $20.00



Rudy
Aundy
22 years ago
I bought a box 1 year ago and paid $27/stick. Since then I've bever seen them in a shop. I can Imagine that they've gotten that high now.

They were at 1 time made to commemorate Partagas's 150th anniversary. When they were $10/stick they were worth it. Anything more expensive than that, and I'd rather have a Diamond Crown. I've noticed that Mild cigars don't age as well as medium-FB cigars. Over time the flavor of a mild cigar tends to dwindle. If you're gonna spend $40+ on a cigar, get somthing impressive, like those 1940, 1950, 1960 Pre=embargo Cubans. Those are OUTSTANDing because you're paying for a piece of history as well as a great smoke.

...just my thoughts.
Suppagus
22 years ago
I smoked several P 150s when they first came out in '95/96 ?? or whenever it was. I remember them as tasty, mild to medium bodied sticks. Even back then, IMO, they were overpriced. Good, yes, but just to try them, say you smoked 'em, and move on to something better and less expensive. NO WAY would I even pay $10-15 for them now, but that's just my 2 cents.
docrks
22 years ago
Are they "worth" $50 - $75 -- NO !!! But then no cigar is --- that's just the price some retailer believes his customers might pay for the experience of having one --- even at $20 - the going rate on the net for these - they are on the high side of the pricing curve (you can get 3 SLR Regios - Habanas for less than $20 !!!) --
That notwithstanding - they are a very nice afternoon - relax - sip a single malt and enjoy this cigar type of smoke --- not enough body to serve as an afetr dinner smoke for me - but a quality cigar nevertheless.
dksheehan
22 years ago
I have some Partagas 150s that have been napping nicely if you are interested in a reasonable trade?

Dan

dklsheehan AT comcast DOT net
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Do you have any robusto's? X
dksheehan
22 years ago
X, yes, I have 4 Robusto's left. Any interest in a trade?

Dan
xibbumbero
22 years ago
DK,email me at my handle at hotmaildotcom. X
Users browsing this topic