betelgeuse
22 years ago
First off let me start by saying how much I enjoy CBid. Great deals, great selection, great service and lots of fun. UPS SUCKS! just once more. UPS SUCKS!
betelgeuse
22 years ago
sorry, im typing in the dark, on a laptop, after 12 hours working the ER. I keep hitting the wrong key-sorry. anyway my smokes seem to come dried out, they always deliver late and now with my last shipment 6 out of 25 Def Sea came very with severely cracked wrappers. I dont want to bitch to CBid because they are so cool to us. Hell, i got 25 DFs for a box price from them but i ended up giving 4 of the 6 away to people too cheap to buy smokes. Ive got another box coming in today and i will make a claim if there's a problem. We need 2nd day delivery. Ok, i ragged enough,now i'll sleep, but first a little smoke.

betelgeusebetelgeusebetelgeuse
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gorob23
22 years ago
betel take it to Cbid they work great with us, good customer service, let them know. Rob
rayder1
22 years ago
My stuff arrives USPS. I get my orders in 2 to 5 days. All arrive just fine. I guess I haven't ordered quantities that would warrant UPS delivery. Anything I order, up to 25 cigars gets here via USPS.

I have had issues with summertime stuff showing up hot and dry, but some humidor time solves the problem.

Just request Postal delivery instead of UPS. Our UPS stuff gets here just fine and quick. Some geographic areas seem to be UPS challenged.

johnfs
22 years ago
Never had that problem, but customer services is where I would start for any issues.
KNOF
22 years ago
Well I have been down the UPS (dirt road) before and they still suck. CBid has nothing to do with the shipping, it is all UPS, and they won't deliver before their delivery date. They will let your smokes sit in a warehouse until the delivery date. I just got my delivery from 1 1/2 weeks ago. They arrived at the local distribution center on Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 9:30 am, but the delivery date was Dec. 1, so they sat. They could of been distributed on Wed the 26th, or even Friday, but nooooooooooooo.

I've been around with this many times and now I need to go take one of my little pills to relax . . . heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeee

I wish CBid would use USPS more often, but they will only ship that way for single orders. I would rather pay a little more to get better treatment for my smokes.


Knof
drnos
22 years ago
I have bought groups of 2-4 5-packs from CBid and never any problems with damaged/dry smokes. Not all of the cigars are good; sometimes I buy sticks that I just don't like. But that's the beauty of CBid, it's a good place to buy small groups of smokes to try.

My deliveries come UPS ground across country. Small box with foam peanuts, cigars bagged.
sketcha
22 years ago
No problem with my UPS shipments here. I've had at least 20 from CBid this year alone.
jgjam
22 years ago
Bought a couple of boxes of the Def Seas a year ago and part of the problem may be with the cigars. The wrappers seemed to be pretty delicate and easily damaged.

John
dz130
22 years ago
My deliveries are posted by Friday AM, and most of the time they are delivered by Monday, always USPS. No problems.
W2VQY
22 years ago
As a fairly new CBid customer, I have received over a dozen acquisitions in about 6 months time. Most of my orders are received through UPS. I do the once a week shipment by CBid, out on Thursday and 99% of the time in on Friday. I can ask for nothing better. Only once I found a quarter size puncture in the side of one box, but there was no damage to the items inside. In fact one other time I was expecting a new arrival and did not see it on the bench next to my front door as usual, when I came home. I was just about to feel disappointed, when as I walk through my carport, in an empty wooden box I have against the wall, glancing in it, I found a package. Yup, the UPS guy must have felt the chance of the rain and high winds for that day would blow it away, so put it in there. Hey what can I say but “Who was that masked man? I owe him a smoke.”

W2VQY
Users browsing this topic