tailgater
22 years ago
Why is it that we have to let cigars rest when first received in the mail?
I would imagine that the cigar shop that sent them had them stored in proper condiditions. And the zip lock bag should allow them to maintain these conditions for the four day trip to your house.
Yet we notice a difference in taste and burn after a few weeks of "rest".
Are we simply kidding ourselves?
Or can months of proper storage be eliminated by one flight and truck ride, even with the semi-barrier of a sealed plastic bag?
al'Thor
22 years ago
Well, I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to - there are so many ways to ship cigars. The way cbid does it - yes they are in plastic bags, but these in no way preserve the humidity, not to mention you never know what temperatures they encountered. Some cigars may have sat in the 'warehouse' for a while, and others may have just landed before being shipped off to you - and you don't know how long they were being shipped before that. The bottom line is - there are a lot of unknowns. I have smoked cigars right out of the USPS box and they were fine - but others have been very dry, or too warm, etc. So, I always put them in my humi for at least a week or two so I know for sure they are all good to go....unless it was something that I just couldn't force myself to wait for...like that camacho liberty - yum!!
Users browsing this topic