tandem401
22 years ago
Can someone compare the Montague Lancero to the other Montague sizes? I've enjoyed the other ones but I want to know if the lancero, being a 7x40, is different. I expect it to have a somewhat tighter draw and maybe be a bit richer.
choner
22 years ago
I'm not a fan of any of the Montagues. But I'm glad to see they are liked by others. If you got em, smoke em!

choner
lenny4z
22 years ago
The lancero is the only one I have had so I can't compare it to other sizes. But so far I have not had a tight draw from the box I purchased a while back. I also don't conisder it to be overly rich, just a basic mild smoke. At $0.68 each, they are worth the money, even if you do end up with a couple of tight ones.

-Lenny
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
it is a farily good cigar in all it's sizes. it's not part of the bad frog cigars, and if you bought one at a store for $5.00 or a little less, you would be satisfied that you got your money's worth.

the draw is no tighter than any other size made by montague.
Steve*R
22 years ago
Personally, I don't care for anything in the line. They're rolled in Pandaan, Indonesia. While some of the ad copy says they are a multi-nation blend, in truth, only those with a maduro wrapper aren't Indonesian puros. The maduro wrapper is Brazilian; all other components are Indonesian.

If you enjoy the taste profile of Indonesia tobacco, they're a good buy. Montagues are beautifully rolled and boxed.
waddy06
22 years ago
Yes, this Lancero is actually alittle thinner than the Montaque Special Corona # 1...which is really damn near a standard Churchill.

They are a decent cigar...most are alittle young and should be well aged in the humidor before smoking...very little cedar in these babies when they left the factory...probably in a hurry.

Gene
Steve*R
22 years ago
waddy06 wrote: "most are a little young."

Actually, they haven't been made in a couple of years. When Swedish Match took over ownership of the brand and manufacturing facility, they discontinued production.

Users browsing this topic