gerber
  • gerber
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
I've got to admit that Kiki Berger makes some really good cigars. I tried my first J.L. Salazar this weekend and thought it was tremendous. Deep, rich, full-bodied flavor with dark-roasted overtones. Nice construction, pretty good burn (which I'm sure will be even better after some humi time). Reminded me a little of an IT Super Fuerte, although the flavors were even more pronounced. I found this one to be a real winner. If you like more full-bodied smokes, it's worth a try.
chuckler
22 years ago
I got a box sleeping, but it may now be time to wake the little buggers up!!!

PT 😉

GTofMurphy
22 years ago
I hope these are good. I just won a box of Torpedos.
I bid on the robusto size last week and got beat. This week I bid the same price on my favorite size (Torpedo) and won. That is what you have to love about this site, you just never know.
GT
Steve*R
22 years ago
The torps are excellent, but give them some time to rest. This line was just introduced, so you know these are 1st release.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I gots a box of Torps,Toro's and Robustos. X :~)
GTofMurphy
22 years ago
X,
I guess you like them. What cigar are they similar to IYHO?
GT
xibbumbero
22 years ago
As of yet I've only tried a Churchill from a 5pack. Like Steve said,it was a little on the young side and I couldn't liken it to anything. The rest I have napping. I got more cause they have that barnyard smell about them and that usually means good things. X
GTofMurphy
22 years ago
X,
Three boxes seems like a pretty big "leap of faith". You must have a very good nose for cigars or a lot of money to burn. Have you been wrong in the past?

I have just the place for them, next to the Bucanero Clasico Belicoso maduros I have napping for the past two months.
GT
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I have been wrong on many occasions,LOL but that's one of the fun things about cigars. BTW,I got the boxes on CB at about half the MSRP. X
gerber
  • gerber
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Just smoked my second one last night. Mmmm, mmm, good! Full-bodied, earthy, with a definite dark-roasted quality. I'm sure they will only improve with age, but I've really enjoyed the two I've had. X is right: you just kind of know by the smell that they're going to be good.
Users browsing this topic