Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Where do you get PG? I'd rather make my own solution than pay $8 a bottle.
ajeroth
22 years ago
Just be carefull and do some research before you prepare it. In greater volumes the mix is not 50/50...
You can buy it pre-made here, Or buy a big jug of PG from online Pharmiceutical sites for very cheap. PG stands for Propalene Glycol, but spelled corretly.heheh

ajeroth
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Just do a search for the PG solution. As far as 50/50/goes. Just mix in small amounts and you will be alright. The reason it is not exactly 50/50 is the PG is a slightly heavy liguid. In other words a gallon of it weighs a little more than a gallon of water. But in the amounts we use you would be looking at 51/49 or something like that. You will only be mixing a cup of each at most at a time. A gallon will run about 10 bucks plus shipping.
Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Well I bought a humidor. I decided to go with a nice one to start with then go to a cheaper model as the hobby grows. I went to the only decent tobacco store near me, about 30 miles away, The Lil Brown Smoke Shack (hi Judy) and bought a fairly nice 75-80 count humidor. After talking with her she convinced me that she had just as good of prices as online (and she does) and there was no shipping and handling charges. Plus she through in about $30 worth of stogies to get the humidor started in the right direction. Plus, when you get right down to it, I'd rather buy locally.

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.
Users browsing this topic