voodoosooner
22 years ago
I have three humidors. But one of them is the JFK I just got from cbid. I have had it about a week and it is full ,about 75 cigars. I havent seen any problems with humidity yet,right now it's at about 63to65%, but will i in the future because of it being so full? Also cbid was kind enough, or not so kind i guess i should say, to send me a 5 pack of some vile cigars called Dark Shark by mistake. Anyone who has some other uses for nasty cigars im open for ideas. thanx
xibbumbero
22 years ago
You can give them to people you don't like. X
voodoosooner
22 years ago
I tried one of these. I would really have to hate someone to do that.
johnfs
22 years ago
Send um back. If they want them back.
jdobson
22 years ago
Part of of your humi problem may just be related to the weather. As it moves into winter, the air gets outside gets drier, especially in the colder climes, and it can be difficult to keep your humi up.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Did you season your humi???? Before putting your cigars in it????? Did you calibrate your hygrometer?????
Just a thought.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
arwings
22 years ago
Bear in mind that if you put gars in a new humidor without seasoning it the Spanish cedar lining will be extremely dry and absorb moisture from your cigars until it stabilizes. Also I don't think you have to be concerned about the humidor being full. Usually the opposite is the problem; too few cigars so dry air has room to circulate around them each time you open it. From what I've read you want to keep it a minimum of 75% full and preferably fuller. Just my thoughts.........
chuckler
22 years ago
I totally agree with arwings ... A full humi is a much easier beast to deal with. Never have had an issue with a full one, only with half empties, they can get dry fast.

JMHO...

PT 😉

SteveR@CigarBid
22 years ago
Humidors function best at 50% capacity. Normally, I try to follow this rule, and keep my humidors half full. Fortunately, I have enough coolers to make this possible 🙂
Users browsing this topic