ErikVines
22 years ago
Hey all,

I was doing my monthl check of all of my humidors tonight and came across a terrible sight. An Occidental HSG Torpedo with a huge hole near the tip...and a dead beetle that had found its way down the 'gar inside the cellophane. I bought these cigars months ago and hadn't noticed this before. I checked every cigar and none of the others appeared to have any problems. Would it be fair to say that the cellophane helped keep the sucker from getting out? It was tightly bound at the bottom so I don't see how anything could have gotten loose. What do you think? I'm gonna split the sucker open now to see what's inside.:)
smelly4tay
22 years ago
The sound of crackling beetles.....yum! Bypass the dissection and smoke that SOB!
sherpamills
22 years ago
beetle's will eat a nice round hole through cello and right into another cigar . also cigaretts right through the package my wife bought a carton that looked like it had been shot with a skeet load of #9's
arwings
22 years ago
Unfortunately cello doesn't even seem to slow them down. In fact I think they like it. Sorry.
ErikVines
22 years ago
Wow, I had no idea they would eat cello! Little buggers have adpated well I'd say! I finished checking all of my other cigars and nothing is out of the ordinary. I also checked the cello on the one cigar and there are no holes, he just died on the cigar after making one huge hole.

I cut open the thing last night and didn't find any other signs of the things....just the one hole. I think I got off lucky this time.
MDavis
22 years ago
Is there some way to prevent the little buggers from eating my cigars. Somewhere I've heard that microwaving your smokes will kill the little bastids. Any truth to that. If not, any other preventative measures to take?
sketcha
22 years ago
Do an "All Messages" search. There is tons of info on it here.
MDavis
22 years ago
5augie5
22 years ago
Erik,

Man, I went through an infestation this summer in my "premium" humidor. I found a cigar that was filled with those little bastards, both in larvae and adult form. It sucked, but I followed the advice of the experts at this forum and I am happy to say that everything worked out fine. Make sure you inspect your humidor as well as your cigars, they can hide in very small places.

Good Luck.

Augie
usahog
22 years ago
I read the topic to this thread and thought maybe someone seen John,Paul,George or Ringo...

but then relized two of them have passed on, one of them doesn't have a clue where he may be, and the other is the Official Santa Spoter this year for Norad... so you must be talkin about Bugs...

them lil Bastages piss ya off sometimes don't they???

Hog
Users browsing this topic