ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I understand Brasil produces a lot of cigars we don't see in the U.S. and would like to try some.A Google search of 'Brasil + Cigars' will show a site for a major manufacturer which does not sell in the U.S.but does give me a good idea of what's available.Taxes,in Brasil at least,are high.If you read Spanish you'll be able to decipher the Portuguese text.Does anyone know of a U.S. vendor of Brasilian smokes? Travel there? Have a friend at the Embassy or one of the Consulates?
drnos
22 years ago
I just saw my daughter off to Brazil. She's flying to Sao Paulo, then to Rio for winter break from UCSD. I gave her a CBid bag and told her to find me some good Brazilian cigars. I didn't know what to suggest to her, so I'll be surprised in January when she gets back.
ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Have her check the 'Charuteria do Brasil' site,and to look for 'Brasil-Blume',and export brands such as Suerdieck and Danneman(not the dry cured ones).
vmugavero
22 years ago
I live in Bahia Brazil which is the state that is known for growing tobacco. There are no Brazilian specific brands that sell direct to the US market. The tobacco and cigar making skills in Brazil are among the best I’ve scene. They make a great long-filler and maduro cap which is used in many famous brands. Cigar smoking is not popular in Brazil and therefore there is little demand, hence high prices. I’ve been to several factories that offer a box for about $60-$80. My favorite from Brazil is a maduro by Dona Ero which is very well constructed, smooth and creamy that yields a fantastic aroma.

If interested, I may be able to send a few out to sample.
drnos
22 years ago
Well, my daughter just got in today from Rio so I thought I'd update this old thread. She brought back a couple of 'Dona Flor' churchills. Natural wrappers. These were recommended by the tobaccanist since neither she nor I knew what to ask for. Since I can't smoke for 5-6 more months (dental accident, sad story), these will be well aged before I can get to them.
bassdude
22 years ago
vmugavero, I'd love to try a Brasil gar. Post your e-mail and I am sure we cna work out a deal.
bartindr
22 years ago
I'm with bassdude love to smoke a Brasil,we should move this to the trade forum.
Users browsing this topic