gvlagos
  • gvlagos
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hi Everyone,
the digital hygrometer on my new humidor (with cigars) is reading steady at 72% for the humidity. Is 72 too high? Should i leave the humidor open for a couple of hours, or is 72 fine?
-George
blueeyes35148
22 years ago
72% is fine just keep a watch that it does not go much higher.


Chef Richard
JonR
22 years ago
Yo gvlagos: I keep mine between 68% and 70%, 72% is also okay but I wouldn't let it rise any higher as you could end up with a beetle problem. Jonr
sketcha
22 years ago
Beetles come from heat over 75 deg.

Mold comes from humidity over 73%.

65-73% is O.K.

Don't ever leave your humidor open for extended periods. I would consider cracking it just barely and watching it closely. Most hygrometers advertise accuracy +/- 5% so you could be high.

Like I said before, I would buy another Radio Shack dig. and see how they jive. If they're both close to each other, they are probably fairly accurate. Take it back if you don't need it, but since you've discovered this site, it's only a matter of time before you will.
sketcha
22 years ago
"Like I said before, I would buy another Radio Shack dig. and see how they jive. If they're both close to each other, they are probably fairly accurate."

Correction...

I said that to dgarcia, but it certainly applies here too.
Users browsing this topic