MDavis
  • MDavis
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
I'm new to CBID and haven't tried any of the Bucs yet. I have read the raves about the Buc line here and am bidding on a five pack of the Buc Clasico Maddie. It's starting to move out of my bidding range and would like some feedback on this smoke so I know whether to keep bidding. Any insights would be appreciated.
cayman2b
22 years ago
MDavis-
First Buc I ever smoked and was disapointed after all of the hype..

Not a bad smoke by any means IMO but if you want to experience a real Buc try one of the other lines..

Check the going prices and bid accordingly.. if you're interested in this stick you wont be satisfied until you light one up..

Cayman
mrkmitch
22 years ago
It really depends on your preference ina cigar. Bucanero makes cigars to cover most preferences, mild to bold in flavor and mild to full body. The Clasic Maduro is a medium to full bodied smoke with medium to medium-full falvor. If you like fuller falvor smokes I'd suggest a Full Sail, Salsa or Z, keeping with the medium to medium-full flavor; the El Capitan Maduro is good, the Peg Leg is a little flavor treat. The Crew and Catalina are mild to medium flavor with medium to full body. I'm sure you'll find something you like .... smoke 'em all and pick yourself a few favorites.
redsquid
22 years ago
I just had my first. I believe it was a Classico maduro churchill, and was aquired from johnfs (a fine fellow indeed). I was a little leary of the huge vein running down the back of it (second only to a Zino petite corona I had recently), but no burn problems presented themselves. It wasn't exactly razor sharp, but I never really had to touch it up either. The initial flavor was kind of musty, like grandmas attic (surprisingly not in a bad way). A distinct cocoa flavor traded places with the mustiness a few times. I would get an occasional wood tone that was more oak than ceder. Unfortunately a friend of mine spotted me, and roped me into jump starting his car at the halfway point. When I got back to my gar and relit, everything had gone out of it. It wasn't bad, just dull and flat. So I don't know what the finish would have been like under normal circs. Not the best cigar I've had, but good, and very complex. As I think it sits at Bucs lower price point, I have high expectations for their other lines. Oh yes, I almost forgot... Argh.
GU
  • GU
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Mac,

These are yummy; smooth, cool-smoking, lots of smoke, easy drawing, rich, and with spice.

I paid a few bucs more than I'm used to for a five-pack recently on CBid, but I'm very glad I did. It broke my Buc cherry.

I am waiting for my box of Salsas.

I guess I'm Capt. Hooked.

Aaaargh!
xrundog
22 years ago
I think they are great!
Robby
22 years ago
I had a box and liked them. They're not as full bodied as the full sail or salsa, but they are good gars. Nice morning smoke for me. Or maybe on the course.
smithbw
22 years ago
What Xrundog and Robby said!

Great Smoke!
Penguin13
22 years ago
They are my everyday smokes. I've never had a burn or draw problem on any of them. Very tastey but don't have the wallop of the Full Sail or Salsa.

KC
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
The Full Sail a Woodford Reserve life is good even if but for a while. Bucs Rock!!!
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
The Buc Classic Maddies really age nicely and smoke with even more complexity than "just off the shelf"
MDavis
  • MDavis
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks for the feedback. Just won a 5-pack of churchills. Can't wait.
Users browsing this topic