Penguin13
22 years ago
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=151112 
OK, so who here has used them? I picked up three at my local shop for $2 and was wondering what can I expect. CI says they are refilable. Any comments?

KC
Lowman
22 years ago
One of the cigar co's that I mail order thru sends their gars packed with these. Also received a bunch of these as freebies at HH IV... They seem to work good. Good to throw in tupperdore or small humi.

Low
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Can you resoak them and use them again?
I too received one in an order.
docrks
22 years ago
That's a Roger on the Re-Soak....this has been successfully done by M at CI.......
I'm getting a mixed review on these so far -- have put in 3 of these freshly charged into a 150 count display humi - and the humidity has risen an entire 1 %...So if I add 207 more of these - I should be up to 70% RH ---- of course, the drawback is that the cigars have to go to make room..
Penguin13
22 years ago
Also, are they "two way" humidification? I tried to email Water Pillows but it bounced back to me.

KC
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Kev,
I have recieved them in packages, and purchased a set of 36. I personally like them, for the simple fact that it is very noticeable when they need to be re-dipped. My coolidor, with shelves, thanks me for having one on each shelf. I agree with above posts that they are definitely add-ons to a container's humidification. The one large problem I have with them, is that they are in a pouch, that has to be set to stay open a little bit. The plastic sleeve closes with any extra moisture that has not been wiped out. I am trying to invent a way to have them take up less space, and I would love suggestions. I am not sure what 2-way humid. means, but the pouch is open on one side, if that helps. Overall, I like em'!
Penguin13
22 years ago
"two way" means it lets out AND takes in moisture to keep it at 70%. Thanks for the info everyone 🙂

KC
rudy1946
22 years ago
I send out all my cigars with them. I do not use Humidpaks anylonger. I even use them in some of my humidors. They retail for 99 cents each. C-Bid has them in their auction for about $0.25 to $0.30 ea.


Rudy
docrks
22 years ago
Bro. Penguin -

I believe these are a "Release" only -- no PPG or anything of its nature to add and/or release to hit that 68-70% RH... They just give up moisture and when the pillow looks flat - resoak it and it gets right back to work.
Users browsing this topic