sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
O.K. so I'm up to daily status now and my wife is beginning to complain about my dragon breath even the day after a smoke.

What are my options?

I know this subject has been tackled before, but there are some newbies here that may have new info.

Thanks gang
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I always gargle with tequila. X :~)
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
X, tequila is for baking cookies. Gargle with beer, it will cleanse the nasal passages too, LOL.

Barry
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
sketcha

she does not like your smoking cigars, so if you sprayed your mouth with gasoline and lit it, she would still complain about the cigar smell.

you problem is not resolveable.
sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I fear you may be right, RICK, but that's too freakin' bad! I have no intention of quitting, ever!

I would like to at least make an effort on the breath issue, though.
limoric
22 years ago
Tell her she's hot and buy her some lingerie. What breath?
JonR
22 years ago
Yo sketcha: You could try not breathing around your wife, however you might want to purchase Listerine Cool Mint Pocket paks 16 strips in a small easy to carry packet or Altoids Tangerine Sours for around the home. JonR
donutboy2000
22 years ago
Get her to take a few puffs of your cigar and she will not notice the smell.
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Eat a spoonful of peanut butter...it works.
tonester666
22 years ago
Sketcha we have the same issues. I smoke 3-4 a day. I am going to try the peanut butter.
plabonte
22 years ago
Brush your tongue.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Rick is 100% right. Fix your breath and she'll complain that your clothes stink, or car, or garage, or basement. What happened to that nice boy she married? Did you smoke cigars before marrying her?
Thom
22 years ago
I was told once, by an off the clock police officer, that peanuts are a great way to cover up the smell of alcohol on your breath (this may also be why your local watering hole puts peanuts on the bar). If it works for alcohol, it's worth a try for cigar breath.
BeatDragon
22 years ago
Ms Dragon never bitch's about my dragon breath. Maybe because after she has her Dark Sumatra, my breath smells like roses.
sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks everyone,

rm,

Thanks. I'll try it.

pl,

I brush the hell out of my entire mouth, lips and even throat. She claims that some of it is just in my lungs.

THL,

I did smoke cigars before I even knew her. I smoked a real beaut with her father just before standing at the alter and our kiss was no problem. Maybe she was just lost in the moment.

In my research I found that some folks think it's only a problem when you smoke dog rockets. Well the day she complained, I had a noticeably wet Black Pearl that tasted pretty bad, but I wanted to finish it anyway.

You see, I had a loss of humidity so I risked wetting the wood of one of my desktops in an open area around the Black Pearl in question. I think it took on some of that water. When I cut it, it looked a little dark toward the inside. I didn't think much of it until I tasted it. Lesson learned.
Users browsing this topic