Homebrew
22 years ago
Dollars and cents wise anyway. I guess everyone has been saving up for the Anejos, and Hemi. Maddies. Great cigars, when you can find them. But I never have that kind of luck, even with hours of looking. Oh well, it allows me to pick up a bunch of my favorites for way under retail, here at cbid.
Here are my winning bids, so far this week.

150992 Indian Tabac Maduro Tomahawk - 10-Pack 2 of 2 at $13.00 WON Dec 20, 10:48 PM


151215 Indian Tabac Box-Pressed Super Fuerte Toro Maduro 2 of 2 at $11.00 WON Dec 20, 10:31 PM


152118 CAO L'Anniversaire Toro Maduro - 5-Pack 1 of 1 at $12.00 WON Dec 20, 10:21 PM


151145 CAO L'Anniversaire Belicoso Maduro 2 of 2 at $12.00 WON Dec 19, 10:23 PM


152038 Perdomo Reserve No. 4 Maduro - 5-Pack 1 of 1 at $9.00 WON Dec 18, 11:25 PM
I'm happy with the prices I am paying this week, so I thought I would show everyone, the great deals that are around this week. I'm even staying within my budget for a change. And stocking up on my favorites.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Robby
22 years ago
Ahhh the sweet smell of success!
Homebrew
22 years ago
Now I'm wondering what kind of deals I can get tomorrow, to got with these. Still have a little left in this weeks budget.
LOL
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
dz130
22 years ago
Good going Homebrew. Way to stretch the dollar.
JonR
22 years ago
Yo Homebrew: Good for you, smart bidding on your part. JonR
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Thats a fine asortment for a few bucks. A real steal on the Perdomos.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Yep RDK,
Got them for the same price, at the end of last week too, on the Perdomo reserve. I am amazed but lately the 5packs have been going for less than the boxes, when broken down by the stick price. I have lost every bid I made this week, on boxes, but won every 5pack or 10pack sampler I bid on. I really didn't expect to win the 5 and 10 packs, I really expected to win the boxes, so I have come in under budget, for a change. LOL
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. My cigar budget next week is almost nonexistant, so I am glad I am having good luck this week.
dorloff
22 years ago
Homebrew, are you letting the CAO toro maduro's age? I won a 5 pack last week and smoked two already. I was NOT impressed. It seemed like bad construction and harsh taste. I wonder if some age on the other 3 would help. If not, I'll trade you for something else?
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Dorloff,
They are awesome, after a couple of months, in the humi. The ones I am smoking now, come from a purchase I made 6 months ago. I try and hold off on them for at least a month, before trying one. They tend to be shipped a little wet, which may make them burn uneven. I have only had 1 CAO product, that was plugged, out of around 200 that I have smoked. According to my cigardiary, it was CAO #139, out of 196 I have smoked. It was a CAO Cameroon Robusto, and the others I have smoked, have been perfect. I would not write off CAO, after a couple of bad sticks. Give them time to acclimate, and even out, and you will be rewarded with a very pleasent experience, with a well constructed smoke. The only brands I feel may be more consitent is A.Fuentes, Padron, and C.Torano.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. Yes I am a CAO Whore.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Oh ****,
I left Bucs off that well constructed list. Damnit.
Oh Well, You don't have to bid on those nasty old CAO's, I'll make sure they are disposed of properly. LOL
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
And Yes I am A CAO whore.
dorloff
22 years ago
Funny that you mention A. Fuentes, and Padrons. If you looked in my humi, that's what you'll find. I continue to try different sticks, but keep coming back for more of the above!
Homebrew
22 years ago
I either make too little cash, or smoke too many cigars, to make A.Fuente, my daily cigar. The Padrons, 2000-5000 Maddies, are in my regular rotation, though I have slowed down on them, as people have been bidding them out of my daily smoke budget. I save them for the particularly good days, not really on the level of a celebratory cigar, but not an everyday smoke. I use A.Fuentes smokes for small celebrations, such as getting over the flu, I hope to smoke one tomorrow. No not an 858S.G, gotta be a bigger celebration, like a friends birthday, probably a Canone Maduro. The Holidays, Christmas, NewYears, or my Birthday, call for PAM's or ISOM's or 858S.G.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Users browsing this topic