ajeroth
22 years ago
Well I just got to spend a few days in Florida. I brought along my Otterbox full of smokes to keep me company. It was kind of strange going from Colorado to Florida and two planes later... I couldn't get the box open. It had such a good seal and the altitude changes combined into a box I had to basicaly pry open. It was king of funny. So beware the seal on the Otterbox. I opened it on the plane on the way home. Slightly less effort to open it and no problems after that. Also I found a few good shops down there in Cocoa Beach. I picked up and smoked my first MX2 and it was good. Kind of a peppery and chocolate mix going on there. I think I paid more for a Helix and didn't enjoy it as much. Also I tried one of the Kaluaha flavored cigars...Bleechhh It was disgusting. I brought a quilliotene cutter in my checked baggage. I put it in with my toiletry items. Nail clippers etc. and didn't have any problems. Also in my carry on I put my keys, wich have a punch on them, and a Colibri regular flame lighter and didn't have any problems with officials.

ajeroth
Penguin13
22 years ago
If it was the bigger one, the have a purge vent by the handle just for that reason.

KC
ajeroth
22 years ago
Trust me I looked for a release valve... Its a 3500 model so no such luck. I had a Sherpa Diablo right on the top shelf in the middle and the humidifier crushed it because of the added pressure. I smoked it anyway.

ajeroth
cfvickers
22 years ago
Mine has done that several times. Its like carrying around a piggy bank, all the good stuffs in there but you can't get it out. No real use in trying to break it with a hammer either, Tried that once, broke off the little peg that holds the strap but thats about it. Those things are tougher than bricks. I finally submerged it in warm watter for a couple minues, then took it out, and pried it open with a screwknife.
cfvickers
22 years ago
Mine has done that several times. Its like carrying around a piggy bank, all the good stuffs in there but you can't get it out. No real use in trying to break it with a hammer either, Tried that once, broke off the little peg that holds the strap but thats about it. Those things are tougher than bricks. I finally submerged it in warm watter for a couple minues, then took it out, and pried it open with a screwknife.
CWFoster
22 years ago
Try this, drill a small hole on th eOtterbox right next to the handle. put a self tapping screw and a small rubber washer in the hole. When the pressure gets too tough, back out the screw to equalize the pressure.
puskarich
22 years ago
ajeroth, was that Sherpa Diablo Otterbox pressed?

...sorry, bad joke. Couldnt resist.
ajeroth
22 years ago
puskarich

As a matter of fact is was... heheheh I smoked it anyway. A little extra air but it held together at least.

CW - I'd try that but I don't want to risk ruining it. I opened it on the plane after we we're in the air and it was fine when I went to open it. So I think I've found a simple soulution.


ajeroth
CWFoster
22 years ago
It's your case. I'm merely describing how to install a pressure relief system to allow you to enjoy your 'gars when you travel 🙂 I'ld go nuts if I got to my destination, and couldnt get to my sticks, but as my travels are inevitably at sea level, and takes a week or so to get through the Straits of Gibraltar, I haven't had that problem LOL, just keeping my gars in the proper environment 🙂
JonR
22 years ago
What's all this crying about the movie the " Ox Bow Incident " so they hung the wrong peop...huh...oh... "OtterBox Incident "...oh never mind, and besides you shouldn't put otters in boxes anyway. JonR
CWFoster
22 years ago
JonR- ...thank you Emily Latella!
Users browsing this topic