herespatrick
22 years ago
Any opinions on these? Other than the box is pretty cool looking. I was thinking about getting some.
redsquid
22 years ago
I wanted to like these. I usually like Felipe Gregorios cigars. It's one of the few cameroons I have that isn't as fragile as gold leaf. They're nicely constructed, and I like the flavor. Unfortunately, there is a background harshness that grates my throat. I have some that have been around for almost two years, and that harshness never went away. I've not heard of other people experiencing this though, so I might have gotten a bad batch?
gerber
22 years ago
Like Redsquid, I wanted to like these. I bought a five-pack a while back, tried one and thought it was just awful. A pity, because it seems to have a lot going for it. Anyway, I gave the rest away.
KingofSmithville
22 years ago
Very bland. Not bad, but no big deal.
KYCOLONEL
22 years ago
As an alternative view, this is one of my favorite "stand by" medium flavored cigars that I have I tried off of c-bid and been pleasantly surprised at the overall quality for the $$. I enjoy having them around for garage, yard work, duck hunting or other times when I want a satisfying smoke without breaking into the expensive stash. They have a unique flavor that gets better with some time in the humi. All a matter of personal taste I suppose; but I have several friends who prefer these over similarly priced and popular brands such as 5 Vegas.

Best of luck.
jdobson
22 years ago
Seems like this is a real love-it-or-hate-it cigar. I also like these, especially at the price point. I never noted much harshness, but I was judging it at the $1 price I paid for it. Also look for the similar Petrus Anejo, a little bit more, but a little bit better too.
redsquid
22 years ago
That's why I wondered if it was the pack I got, other than the errant harshness, I liked them (guess I might try another five pack if the opportunity strikes). Those Anejos are excellent, with a preference to the #2s.
wouldestous
22 years ago
i like these when i can get em for ~$1/per. not worth much more than that imho. lotta folks dont like em, though.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
The market ploy involved with this brand is in conflict with my demographic. I don't care for Rastafarians so it would follow that a cigar that is marketed with the intent of exploiting their ambiance would not appeal to me.
Users browsing this topic