hensed
  • hensed
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I'm going to be trying to round out some holes in my collection soon and I've been reading about the following concept and was wondering if there would be anyone interested.

6 people agree to buy/donate a box of ?????? (how expensive would have to be determined and agreed-upon aforehand by all participants) - and they send their respective boxes to a third party (the organizer). The organizer creates fivers from each box and packages up 6 boxes of fivers (the putter does not, obviously, get back a fiver of the cigar he/she contributed) and sends them back to the players. Each player would receive 5 fivers of cigars that way.

Beyond generally discussing this concept here, purchasing details can be taken off line.

david dot henseler at cingular dot com
tonester666
22 years ago
if you deal in fives then that eliminates quite a few gars. Maybe it should be a group of 5. If I bought a box I think I would want some out of it unless it is something I have on hand.


I am interested
beta362
22 years ago
i'm interested too

beta362 at yahoo dot com
mroptimistic
22 years ago
Why not just do a normal box split. Few people agree on a box to buy, one picks it up and divides it up and ships the parts to the others. Split the costs.
beta362
22 years ago
yeah...do a normal box split
hensed
  • hensed
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I think I like the only 5 people twist, I had thought that it would suck not to have any of your own cigars. We can call it whatever we want but basically we are each bringing a box to the party and paying each other in cigars not money. It feels more like a very tightly controlled box pass then anything. It would even be great if we could all get together and agree on what 5 boxes to put into play. That e-mail address is for work so I may be a bit slow on the details response.

Hensed
mroptimistic
22 years ago
five packs are usually pretty easy to pick up, i guess that my view of splitting boxes is if you want more then five and want the box discount but only want or can afford half a box or 1/3rd a box.

But hey if your interested and you can find others to do it then good luck 🙂
beta362
22 years ago
yeah..i don't know if i have the cash flow to put up a whole box (i'm a college student!). but if a few of us wanted to go in on something then that'd be cool.
Users browsing this topic