ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I lost my copy.
What are the names of every Fuente/Newman brand cigar currently made and out of production? Someone must have saved it,maybe has a url?
Yeah,I could have asked on a different board,but figure lots of guys here would like to have a copy.

Thanks guys.
Slimboli
22 years ago
All I've got are the MSRP charts ...

http://www.keenwebs.com/herfindex/opus.htm 

http://www.keenwebs.com/herfindex/fuente.htm 

... hope this helps ...

The limited production ones are missing ...
ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks,Slim.That's the one I lost.
ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
And I was thinking of brands not sold under the Fuente name,Rigoletto,La Unica,OOP stuff like Premium Dominicana,some Sosa stuff,Tampa Sweethearts,Montesino,Bauza,and all those I forget.

Additions?
CWFoster
22 years ago
I'm not sure, but a guy at a cigar shop in Richmond once told me that AF also made Cuesta Rey, (which I have since confirmed) and Ashtons, and the DR Montecristos (which I haven't heard from any other source, including Fuentes own website) Fuente might not list cigars made under contract to premium brands based in Cuba, so the mystery continues...

If you can confirm or refute this info, I'd be happy to know, but this is the limited extent of my knowledge of AF brands, (and that I haven't smoked an AF that I didn't like )
smelly4tay
22 years ago
The brands that I rely on that I atleast thought they made are: Ashton, A.Fuente, Bauza, Cuesta Rey, and Montesino as their higher priced lines. Maybe I missed a few but I think these are right.
Dave
CWFoster
22 years ago
Thanks Smelly! Thats the second time I heard about Ashton! I do wonder if the Montesino maight have been confused by me or the saleman with the Montcristo.
grond
22 years ago
CW,

Last I heard MenendezyGarcia made DR Monte Cristos. Things could have changed though.
EvilJAR
22 years ago
Consolidated makes the DR Montes:
http://www.consolidatedcigar.com/index2.asp 
Fuente makes the Montesinos.
CWFoster
22 years ago
Yep, I think Iwas right about me or the salesman getting confused over the names. One thing he DID tell me that was not confusing, he offered me a cigar, and told me it would probably be best after a big meal, kicked back and relaxing. This was a few weeks before my last deployment, which began in December 2002. After going over these boards and learning a bit more about this wonderful hobby, I went and checked that gar that had been resting for a shade over a year in my humi. It is/was a Torano Exodus 1959. And as I sit here with my head in the clous of wonderfully tasty smoke, I thank God for the little blessings like a tobacconist who takes time to figure out what you are seeming to like, and makes suggestions like that! And for the BOTL who have been doing the same!
mhelfe19
22 years ago
Altadis (Formerly Consolidated) makes the MonteCristos.
ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I think the Toranos are giving the Fuentes a run for the money,I'd buy any of their brands with confidence and be very happy nearly 100% of the time.Same with the Fuentes,which is why I'm trying to regain the list of all cigars made by Fuente,whatever brand name they are sold under.

So,post your additions.Thanks.
CWFoster
22 years ago
just finishing my first Torano, I'd have to agree based on my first impression!
Cavallo
22 years ago
i'm a newly initiated toraño fan, and i will swear by their 'gars. there's a great forum over on their site as well (if it's okay to mention that). google it or email me for the URL if not.

as for fuente, i've only had one fuente stick that was a disappointment, and that was not one of the regularly offered sticks. most recently tried (and LOVE) the curlyhead.

tried a montesino, one of the "regulars," and i wasn't impressed. very flat. BUT i also have smoked a five-pack of montesino grand napolean churchills, and my GAWD those were wonderful smokes! nice and smooth and mellow but lots of flavor and just a touch of sweetness. wish i would have held onto those now; lord knows when i'll find 'em again! (but i'll keep stalking cbid just in case!) 🙂

antonio
ken9810
  • ken9810
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Cavallo,if you like Montesino Napoleans you can pick these up in trade on almost any cigar BB. Which is a way of saying "Smoke what you like".Like ERDM Imensas,these mixed fill monsters are not exceedingly popular.You may like Fuente Brevas if you care for smaller cigars,although a well-aged Curly-Head Extra Maduro,IMO,is these best mixedfill cigar around.

Not to leave out the Toranos,an old,out of production mixto sold under the name Havana Cool is pretty tasty.
Some smokers won't touch mixed or short fill cigars.Burn hot,drop ashes,uneven roll,many reasons.But you can find some great buys on very tasty smokes in this catagory.Fuente,Padron,El Credito,Oliva,Torano,and all the top tabacaleras make these,stick with names you know.
Users browsing this topic