pth
  • pth
  • Rookie Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hello all im new to cbid as almost as new to the world of cigars. I have done a little of "smoking around" and i have found i enjoy Hoyo de Monterrey Governors Maduro, and i also enjoy the sweetness of some Kahlua's. I was wondering what others you all might suggest for me to try. I welcome any suggestion and look forward to one day being able to help the new guy as you all show me the way.
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
Welcome,

Try some acid.

GIG'EM,

Dan
KingofSmithville
22 years ago
If you enjoy Hoyo maduro and Kahlua, you seem to enjoy maduros a bit on the sweet side. May I suggest an El Rey del Mundo Oscuro or a La Corona maduro which both have similar flavor traits as the Hoyo maduro. IMHO
eleltea
22 years ago
The Cupido Criollo Campana has a sweet tip and is a nice cigar for a good price, when you can find them.
mpingree
22 years ago
They're not flavored but they are great smokes, give the Torano line a try !!
smithbw
22 years ago
I suggest that you get over to the trade board and sign up for a Newbie Sampler. I think that you will be pleaseantly pleased with the result and find an even wider variety of good cigars.

Regards,


B
Homebrew
22 years ago
What Billy said.
Hey DaGlyde, I did back in Highschool, what a trip. LOL I am sure you were talking about the Acid Line, from Drew estates, I just couldn't resist.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Burky4467
22 years ago
PTH-
New myself but just tried the Nat Sherman Host Selection Hunter. Very good gar! Mild smoke with a sweet taste on the palate. Macanudo, also very good.
Good Luck!
Cavallo
22 years ago
welcome. i'm new here, too, but slowly finding some great cee-gars. i second that vote for the toraño line, btw. they're not flavored, but they ARE full OF flavor.

had a fiver of montesino grand napolean last month, and i was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness in it. it's not flavored at all but has just a hint of sweetness to it. don't know if you like milder cigars or not, but this one is very mild and smooth.

antonio

dbguru
22 years ago
Buy a couple 5 packs of bigger Padrons (3000s are fine), let them sit in a Humi or tupperdor for 3 months minimum, then try them after a good steak.

Yum
pth
  • pth
  • Rookie Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks to everyoneone for their suggestions i will try to get around to all those 'gars.

T
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
and the "ACID" too, right?

haha JJ


GIG'EM,,
Dan
SteveS
22 years ago
This might sound simplistic ... but bear with me, OK? ...

Neither I nor anyone else can tell you what you're gonna like ... we can each tell you what WE like, but unless you know how your taste compares to any of ours, what will you know??? I like some cigars others don't ... some I dislike are favorites for some other guys ...

Your best course of action is to try a lot of different cigars ... now this sounds silly, but it's very important ... remember what you like and conversely, remember what you DON'T like ... buy with a certain degree of caution, because over time, your tastes will evolve ... and you're not gonna want to have a lot of cigars on hand that you no longer like ... buy 5-packs ... save a couple of those in your humi for a while ... one for at least a month, the other for at least 3 ... note the changes.

One thing that might be of good use to you ... go to Cigar International's Website (CI is the parent company of CBid) ... look up a cigar you've tried and know you like ... at the bottom of the page, there are some other cigars that, based on your taste, that you MIGHT like ...
pth
  • pth
  • Rookie Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks Steve i didnt know about CI until i saw your post it will help out my quest for the perfect 'gar.

T
captainfudgie
22 years ago
A good place to start is with any of the Indian Tabac products. Try the Super Fuerte Maddies, I enjoy them better then the Hoyos.
pabloescabar
22 years ago
its all about acid
Users browsing this topic