cayman2b
22 years ago
Smoked my first Joya Nic Antano last night acquired in a trade... WOW BABY! what a great smoke.. awesome construction, burn, flavor.. for you that enjoy a true
fireplug spark one of these up.. I dont recall in what trade I received this but a thank the BOTL for this experience.. its what tradin' is all about..

cayman2b
Charlie
22 years ago
Remember, do not drive or operate heavy equipment while enjoying a JDNic! Great cigar!

Charlie
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
thing will melt the porcelain off your teeth!
Charlie
22 years ago
Yes, but they are damn good!

Charlie
Cavallo
22 years ago
amen and aaaaaaamen!

my wife gave me a sampler of five misc. cigars for the holidays, and one was the JdN70. oh, man, but i love this cigar! thing is, it didn't hit me like a super powerful smoke at all. the flavor and aroma were excellent, and it had enough spice to keep my interest, but i don't understand the warnings about it.

what exactly is it that's supposed to be so heavy-duty about this one? the nicotine hit? strong taste? big spice? something else? i don't get it, as to me it seemed like a well-flavored medium-body smoke. can someone fill me in on this?

now the toraño 1916 cameroon was thought to be a medium-body, med-strength smoke, but THAT one about knocked me out of my chair. weird.

antonio
cayman2b
22 years ago
Yeah- I was prepared for some serious umph when I sparked this baby up but was thinking whats all the talk about how strong this stick is... geeez.. maybe I have a problem.. I smoke camels (not proud) so maybe
I have a high nicotine thresehold..

anyhow- I highly recommend..
cheers!~
cayman2b
Cavallo
22 years ago
heh -- cayman, marlbies and camels here too. *hangs head in shame* but i can CHANGE! 🙂

if you liked that JdN70, do give the toraño 1916 a try.

antonio
Charlie
22 years ago
Try the so called "****** cut" on them! LOL

Charlie
cayman2b
22 years ago
Hey cavallo-
shoot me an e" at
cayman2b
hotmail

thanx!
snowwolf777
22 years ago
The first JDN 1970s I tried bowled me over, too. I had a brick and mortar dealer tell me they have changed the blend in the latest batches. Don't know if it's true or not, but I don't get the same kick in the pants I got off the first ones. My .02.
jgjam
22 years ago
While I like them myself I have also been known to "use" them on a golf course.

Just give one to your golfing buddy, whom you you have a large bet riding on the round, in the middle of the summer with temps in the high 90's. Assuming your buddy is not a regular cigar smoker, his game will implode at around hole #6 and when you make the turn you will not have to look back during the back nine. At the end of the round you have easily won your bet.

Hehehehe....


John
Cavallo
22 years ago
cayman: email sent!

charlie: *laugh* hey, now, you give that ****** cut a try, and i'll see you touting its wonders all over the place. 😃

snow: yeah, my BIL is from nicaragua and used to smoke the 70's that they were were actually MADE in the 70's (lucky guy!). he says that the ones out now, the resurrected version so to speak, is nothing like a "real" JDN made in the 70's. much, much stronger that one was. he, too, seems to think that the "resurrected" version has split into two kinds -- a stronger version and a more mild version (which may have been what i had). anyone have any news on that?

antonio
bassdude
22 years ago
The last few I smoked made me sit down literally. Smoked one during a bass tournament on an empty stomach, gran consul. What an attitude adjustment. I will never make that mistake again.
Users browsing this topic