tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
My neighbor has been living in Paris for about 9 months (on business). He's come back to vistis twice and will be coming back for a third time. Each time he came home he bought me some Isom's. The first time he bought me two 5 packs of Cohiba Siglo III and two 5 packs of Monti #3's. The second time he came back I got a full box of Monti #4's. Ok, Ok I'll get to the point, when he returns at the end of March he said he'll bring some more cigars, what I need to know is, what is a nice strong cigar (isom), other than Cohiba and Montichristo. Something that is not to expensive, since he never took dime one from me, for the cigars. I want to tell him to pick me up something, but I want to keep it around the $200 range. Oh yeah, I made him promise me that I pay for this round of cigars, even though I doubt he'll take the money. Any suggestions.
Danny
22 years ago
If you get the chance to pick up some Partagas SD4, known better as PSD4, go for it. It's a classic and consistently one of the best cigars in the world. If I could only smoke one cigar, that would be it.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
Offer to mow his lawn. What a generous person!
nwb
  • nwb
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
I agree. The PSD4 is a wonderful smoke, one of my favs.

nwb
gorob23
22 years ago
I also vote for the PSD No. 4 GREAT Smoke. One of my all time favorites.:)
Homebrew
22 years ago
Another vote for PSD4.
But the Bolivar Petit Belicoso is right up there.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
calavera
22 years ago
If you are looking for strong, try the Bolivar Belicoso Fino or the Bolivar Royal Corona. Just had a Royal Corona from early 2003, and it was very strong. Partagas in the petite corona size also has some good power.


J
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Vega Robaina
al'Thor
22 years ago
Vega Robaina were never that strong to me - but WONDERFUL. PSD3EL - yum. can't go wrong w/ PSD4, but I agree that the Bolivar pack more punch - so does the Epicure 2 - but I've only had one of those...it was great...and strong...
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Actually, any of the PSDs are great, truly world class smokes, but I think the PSD4 is the classic. Another fav of mine is the Hoyo double corona.
Charlie
22 years ago
I have found the Bolivar to be about as strong a cigar as any, but have heard great things about PSD #4, have not had one (would like to)!

Charlie
dave97402
22 years ago
I don't have a clue having NEVER smoked a isom...but let me just say Tony......you are my new best friend!!!

Dave
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Charlie,

e-me at thlynchatyahoodotcom
redsquid
22 years ago
Sorry if this is a bit of a sidetrack, but how are prices in France compared to Canada/UK? My mother is going to Paris, and I was thinking of giving her a wish list.
emgjet
22 years ago
Hard to disagree with the PSD4's, great smokes for the money, but the Bolivar Belicoso Fino and the R&J Cedros De Luxe # 2 have a fine full cuban flavor... always have to have these in one of my humidors. Enjoy!

Ed
deadeyedick
22 years ago
Most any Bolivar if strength is the 1st concern. I really like the Bolivar Royal Caronas and Petite Caronas. Vegas Robania Famoso and PSD4 may be more flavorful.

DED
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
I suggest you send them to me to keep in my ContainerStore-ador while you build you new humi....er.....uh....it's not done yet is it?
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
I found the PSD4 to be very full-bodied and flavorful especially if you get any with a 2003 box date.
Users browsing this topic