crabbylane
22 years ago
I just finished my first Padron...OH MY!!!was that good. So...what am I missing out there. That by far is the best I've had so far. Is that up there in your guy's likes, or is there even better. Makes me wonder what i'm missing out on. I'm not sure i can go back to whats left in my already pretty empty humi.
I took this one down to about the 1/2 inch area, which raises a question...Do they still sell roach clips anywhere...I was real close to scorching my fingers, & I got rid of mine back in the 80's.

Thanks for any feedback, i need to go find another one of those....

Rick
arwings
22 years ago
Congratulations on your enjoyment of Padron cigars. They are, in fact, hard to beat. About the best advice I can give you is, "just enjoy." Never met a Padron that I didn't like..........Just my thoughts..........
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Nice work, crabby!
You found a gem! Was it maduro in the 1000's series?
If you are serious about finding more "buy box" wise....shoot me an e-mail and I can help.
The maduro 3000 is, IMO, THE BEST under 5 dollar smoke made. Sweet sassy molassey!!

dgrubworm44 at aoldotcom
Dave
crabbylane
22 years ago
e-mail sent...thx dave

KingofSmithville
22 years ago
Did you say PADRON ? This guy learns quick !!!

GOOD CIGAR ... now you gots to try an Anniversary

Second mortgage is on the way LOL

"KoS"
al'Thor
22 years ago
Which did you have? The Padron 3000 turned me on to premium cigars. 2000-5000 are wonderful. The Anniversary 1964 and 1926 are to die for. Any search on people's favorites will show you some comparables like many CAO's, Arturo Fuentes, Carlos Torano, etc. in a similar price range and quality - but it's hard to beat Padron's consistency - oh, and I use a toothpick or needle nose pliers
rasdas
22 years ago
Just picked up a box of the 2000 maddies last week from my local shop....ummmmm...Padrons....ummmm...

RasDas

Joe
chipslave
22 years ago
Ethan... is the toothpick and needlenose pliers to get those hard to reach nosehairs? 😉
dave97402
22 years ago
LOL....it was a Padron churchill that I had gotten a 5 pack of here of cbid, that I shared with Rick. I agree Rick....it was a beauty! I got the roach clip at my house....stop by! I won another 5 pack that should be in next week.....we'll have to smoke those up as well!!

Dave
dbguru
22 years ago
Ahhhhh the joys of Padron....
Most of us adore them. The absolute best cigar with coffee. (I have other favorites with booze)
I have enjoyed dozens and dozens of them in all shapes and sizes. A true go-to brand.
My faves,
the 3000 maddie
the Churchill Natural
the 2000 Maddie
the Churchill maddie
the 5000 Maddie (wow)
The Delicia Maddie

(Smelly4tay just gave me a 4000 Nat which I'm going to try this weekend.

And of course the 64 PAM Exclusivo size and up.
(PANs aren't bad either)

All their wrappers are richly sun-grown with sweetness and flavor not found in too many other brands.

You may wish to read up on some recent articles on Nicaraguan Cigar manufacturers in SMOKE mag which feature Padron. Good reading on a great cigar!!!

The other thing about Padron is that they will transform from real good to Phenomenal if you give them a year or more rest in the humi. Much of my padron stash has really rounded into form after storing them for a couple of years.

DB
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Padrons are excellent cigars. I never smoked one that did not taste and burn the way it should. My affordable favorite is the churchill maduro.
Homebrew
22 years ago
No wonder I haven't been winning my Padron bids lately. Damnit guys, quit talking up my faves.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
bassdude
22 years ago
I read this and had to search the dor. I don't think I have ever purchased a regular Padron. I love the PAM 64s - maybe the best gar I have ever smoked.

I have smoked one Padron maddie in my life, a 3000(trade) and I enjoyed it. OK 2 hours later after sorting through 1 cooler, 3 sweaterdors, 3 other tupperdors and 2 humidors I found one churchill.

Now you have me contemplating why I never purchase these.

Chip - Ethan uses those utensils in the bathroom. Don't ask.
al'Thor
22 years ago
I knew I could count on you, Tony. I'll toss some 3000 maddies in your box IF it ever comes around...
Users browsing this topic