cayman2b
22 years ago
Yipee! dont know how I missed it earlier..(very quick inspection at work) thought it was a CAO Maddie but I got a Patagas series D #3 Habana in the pkg!

Thanx again
cayman2b
contendertotes
22 years ago
penzt8
( I bought my last gallon at the local grain and feed store. Apparently it's used in cattle feed.)

the pharmacist at the local kroger store said pg was the main ingredient in "anti-freeze"? i did'nt look but is that true? i haven't got any yet but was planning on it .....just curious about the anti-freeze thing vs. putting my cigar's next too it !! wouldn't they absorb chemicals from the stuff ?
cattle feed and antifreeze

lenny4z
22 years ago
PG is in fact the main ingredient in the high-priced antifreezes sold as "animal afe" or "environmentally friendly". But since antifreeze (both the "safe" PG type and the regular stuff) has a bunch of additives, it would not be a good idea to use it in your humidor.

Straight PG is just fine though. It is also used as a preservative in foods for human consumption. You could, in theory anyway, drink a whole bottle and you'd be fine. Though I don't know how good it would taste.

-Lenny
lenny4z
22 years ago
"animal afe" should be "animal safe"
contendertotes
22 years ago
Thank's lenny.....hadn't planned on putting antifreeze in my humidor. just curious about the pg stuff itself
Users browsing this topic