dave97402
22 years ago
Ok.....stopped by Walmart on the way home last night....picked up my special order of PG, plastic tub, container, wet foam.....my "coolerdor" is now up and ready! Got the humidifier built and working, threw in a couple cedar boxes for flavor.....cigars are on the way......oh crap...I am out of control...someone stop me before I....never mind...too late!!

djheater
22 years ago
exactly.

A nice thing about this hobby is that the cigars taste better with age, compelling you to lay them in and let them rest, somewhat like wine. In effect this means you just keep buying...

I suggest getting that coolerdor up to your preferred rh% BEFORE putting the smokes in as I had a bit of trouble with that initially, but it's not like you HAVE to.

dave97402
22 years ago
Yeah...that's why I got it started now. I got a week for it to stabilize. The boxes I put in are empty ones, just to add a spanish cedar flavor!

Thanks !

Dave
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Remember to burp the baby every couple of days. This allows the gases to escape and you can keep an eye on the hum. level.
CWFoster
22 years ago
"burping the baby" every few days will play hell on your RH. Try once a week, the outgassing shouldn't get out of hand with that.
dave97402
22 years ago
All good advice....thanks guys...yeah it's at a steady 66 rh on my digital.....shipment on the way...I'm ready. !!!!

Users browsing this topic