Unplugged
22 years ago
howdy campers

Well today in the nation's capitol we actually got some nice weather (45 F and sunny,yes, I've sunk to a new low and consider this nice). Seeing as I really don't enjoy smoking inside, I had my first cigar in months, an Indian Tabac Limited reserve.. I know I know, not the greatest cigar in the world but I won these off my last purchase (stocking up for summer) and really wanted to try it (FYI, nice mild and cedary in the beginning with more pronounced cameroon flavors near the end). Very happy to say that they are very worth it, although my unrestrained joy of smoking again somewhat colored my experience. Ever get one of those huge grins you just can't get rid of? Like you try to keep a straight face but you find yourself smiling? Yeah, like that. Almost as bad as a FF Grin.

Just thought you'd like to know, and if anybody knows where summer is let's head to the trades board.

Ben
bassdude
22 years ago
good for you. Kinda curious do you live in DC, VA or MD? I was stationed at Ft Meyer but lived in Laurel and then Ft Meade. I worked at the lovely Navy Yard off M.

Spent all my weekends on the bay crabbin and fishin. DC at night is a beautiful city.
CWFoster
22 years ago
anywhere south of the Equator!
arwings
22 years ago
Hey.........IT Limited Reserve is a very good cigar. Not the best, but heck of a good cigar!
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Ahhhh, my good buddy Aragorn....back in buisness is what I like to see!!! I was gonna shoot you an e-mail and see how things were. Hope all is well.

Dave
grond
22 years ago
Aragornunplugged.... hmmmm interesting name. Kinda on the opposite end of the Tolkien spectrum from my handle. 🙂
Unplugged
22 years ago
thanks for the responses everyone, glad you could all join in my mini happy dance.

I'm in VA, 12 minutes south of DC. Spent lots of time around the FT. Myer area.

Yes Smelly, I'm back in business. Actually it's business that has kept me away. Usually winter is slow in the ice cream biz, but not this one, which is good, but looking forward to early march, downtime before summer hits and all spaghetti hits the fan.

grond, it may be my failing memory or it may be the Victory Golden Monkey I'm sipping, but where exactly in Tolkien does your handle fall? I'm taking a guess at The Hobbit..

Ben
grond
22 years ago
LOL...

Actually Grond was the great Ram used to bash in the gate of the city of Minas Tirith... but that ram was a mere imitation of Grond, the great hammer of Melkor, master of Sauron and the First True Dark Lord of Middle-earth (see complete story in the Silmarillion).
Users browsing this topic