beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Ozone Auto Air Purifier:
I thought I've seen people mention this gadget before, I did a search, but couldn't find any threads about it.
Does anyone have it...How well does it work? Is it worth it?
BeatDragon
22 years ago
They work ok, kinda give your car a wet marsh kind of scent. But it emits a pitched squeal that can get annoying ifn you dont have the radio cranked up.

BD
gjhuff
22 years ago
I bought one of these a year ago. Tried if for a while, but didn't notice any difference in the car's air.
sketcha
22 years ago
Spring for the Csonka auto model. I have the Original and it works great. Can also be used for auto.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I'd like to...but i just don't have that kind of cash to spend on a purifier....i spend to much on cigars!
sumguy
22 years ago
I bought one of the cheap ones here on this site for something like 10 or 15 bucks. I figured if it sucked I wasn't out too much. I'm really happy with it. I've taken to occasionally smoking in the car on the drive home from work (It's winter and cold when I get home)and I swear this little guy helps with the smell. I have cloth seats too. It doesn't kill the smell right away, but crack the windows when you park and keep this guy on when you drive and after a day or so it really makes a difference. Occasionally I'll hear it make a crackle noise but so far the device has never squealed for me. I'm kinda bummed about that actually.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
thanks sumguy....great review. i think i'll buy it from CI now!
ropeman
22 years ago
I had one also, but noticed no difference at all. What really worked better was after I smoked in the car and couldnt let the windows down, an air freshner that I got here. The stuff below is what I got and still have, a couple of sprays of that and no smoke , just citrus smell.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-FRESH1-2&cat=14&page=all 
Stickbow
22 years ago
I have one of these and I think it works great. I use mine a little different though. I wait until I am done smoking and then I plug mine in overnight. Mine doesn't make any noise and when I get in my vehicle in the morning it has cleansed my vehicle of the cigar aromas. I have tried mine plugged in driving around but I don't think it does much for the aroma while you are smoking. I will buy another one in a second if anything happens to this one. Short money for a fresh smelling vehicle..............
Cavallo
22 years ago
anyone have either the regular or auto size that they'd want to either sell (inexpensively) or trade?

drop me a mail if so: BBELTRISI at ec.rr.com
houstonjr
22 years ago
chipslave
22 years ago
I just use odoban in the car. Like Febreze but better. It neutralizes cigar smells very well. You can get it at lots of different places...
hensed
22 years ago
I have one of those cheap one that sumguy spoke of. I think it works great. When mine starts to squeal and crackle. I remove it beat the hell outa it and put it back in the truck, problem solved. LOL
chipslave
22 years ago
LOL @ hensed...

I can just see you beating the crap out of a poor, defensless air purifier on the side of an interstate...
:)
Fubar69
22 years ago
Hhhmmm, wonder if that works for wives also...ouch...no dear...never mind...69
Users browsing this topic