428cj
21 years ago
Lmao, really! I was hoping for a better response, but I'll take what I can get (it's been a while too, maybe that's it)! Thanks for the compliment though in saying I don't know what's in your mind, I appreciate that more than you can imagine!

So, I'm 'infamous'?! Cool, I guess. Is this in general or just here on your boards?! When did this happen, was a vote taken?!

And yes, I felt I 'HAD' to chime in, just in the same way you felt you 'HAD' to chime in with the whole 'mentally challenged' comment. Isn't freedom of speech great?! Seriously though, if my HAVING to chime in upset you so, feel free to post your home phone or email so I can screen all my questions to you in advance of posting them here on your forums. Would this work better for you?!

Sorry if you took this as another attack against you (why does it seem like people keep doing that?). I was really trying to understand what you were saying about Charlie and what his opinions are worth, that's all. Seriously, I have NO need to attack you, no offense but I don't really care anything about you, nothing positive or negative. I was twisting nothing, read your own post again. Sorry you're defensive about it, but you wrote it and I was only wondering what you meant. You stated that many here are 'lemmings' and 'mentally challenged' for stating their views. I have called no one here names and feel no need to. It must just be where we're different, that's all!

Oh, in the context used it's "by", not "buy". Just a friendly tip. Thanks again for the compliment too!
Slimboli
21 years ago
... glad I could amuse you.

Can I 'by' a vowel?

"Sorry if you took this as another attack against you (why does it seem like people keep doing that?)."

... it's only those who feel personally threatened by me ... otherwise they don't bother with a response.

BTW ... you missed my , "... just like it wa HE who was Jekly was talking about."

Your slipping ... 😉
Charlie
21 years ago
Hey guys

Jekyl really isn't worth having you go to a board war over! Sorry that it even happened! He just isn't worth the effort!

Charlie
Slimboli
21 years ago
See what you started Charlie ... LOL!
pabloescabar
21 years ago
eye say buy low sail high...
tornado
  • tornado
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Slim, you applaud jeckyl for insulting me and my taste in cigars? Last time I checked if you didn't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. I don't go around telling everyone their cigars suck, all it does is belittle them and discourage them from posting anymore. If I don't happen to agree with someone else's taste, fine, they are obviously happy with what they are smoking. If I had asked what everyone thought of this cigar, then it would be open game, but I didn't.
tornado
  • tornado
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
And this isn't some brand new cigar they launched like a bunch of guys seem to think. Maker's Mark has made this same bourbon-infused tubo for a long time, they simply added some lettering to the tube. I think they taste fantastic.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
hey Tornado, hows the price on them bad boys ?
Gunflintwoodshop
21 years ago
They run $14.00 each or you can get a 3 pack for $42.00. Gunflint
tornado
  • tornado
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Got mine at my local, he had just gotten them in, $14.95 I believe. They are individually numbered xxxx/5000. Mine is number 1492, when Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
jekyl9
21 years ago
geez take a few days off the board and get slammed and defended all at once....

thanx Slim for realizing that some people on this board can't take anyone who might disagree with them. and when you voice that they attack and call you names.

and my "attack" is on that cigar as well as GWB... the Maker's Mark cigars that i have tried do burn like a turd. (personel opinion)....also it is my personel opinion that Bush is an idiot and people that voted for him are either blind or just don't want to see the truth.

guess that makes me an a$$hole to most of the folks that post on this board. NEWS FLASH GENIUS!!!!I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU THINK OF ME!!!!

i just choose to think for myself and not believe everything i hear. you should try it sometime.
Homebrew
21 years ago
I will agree that.
MakersMark Cigars, taste horrible, to me. Also that I wouldn't give the sweat off my balls for one. I also would agree that the Shrubs policies leave much to be desired, much like the MakersMark cigars. Sounds like the best possible dogrocket to pair with this administration. Though I donot condone personal attacks.
I do like MakersMark bourbon, but prefer to drink the bourbon, with a quality cigar, rather than smoke a dogrocket infused with it.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. The above, is my personal oppinion, not to be confused with me giving a RatSass what someone else thinks about my opinion. LOL
Charlie
21 years ago
Homebrew

Agree on the Makers Mark Boubon, and it goes damn well with a good cigar such as a CAO Brazila or a Padron 5000!

Never smoked a Makers Mark cigar and never will, do not go for trick cigars and flavored cigars!

Charlie
Slimboli
21 years ago
tornado --- welcome to the real world.

This is a cigar fourm, for 'gawds' sake, and what is one mans treasure, is another mans 'dog-rocket'. You post on a public cigar forum, expect to get all different kinds of comments ... not just the 'sugar-coated' ones you want to hear.

I too have had the Maker's Mark 'bourbon-infused' cigars, and I thought they were nasty. They take a 'second rate' cigar, and use bourbon to cover up that fact. If I want to have bourbon flavor with my cigar, it will be out of a glass.

But that is just my opinion, and others may like it. That's perfectly fine ... to each their own. That's what is so great about cigars ... lot's to choose from.
ryantp
21 years ago
Choice is good.
Users browsing this topic