daveincincy
17 years ago
Took the day off Friday, and the whole family (kids, parents, bro-in-law, sister and kids) went down to the newly purchased farm (still waiting to close on it) to take another look around. The owner let us take his ATV back (which stays with the farm) while my bro-in-law drove his FJ back through the trees. I took the lead on the ATV with a chainsaw to clear any trees and debris that were in the way. The last time I was there (January or so) I didn't remember that much growth obstructing the trail, but that was in the winter. Now that everything is green it turned out to be work with the chainsaw in the heat, and I had to make a few stops along the way. It was a fun ride back on the rutted trail, and the heavy rains from the night before made it even more interesting/fun. My bro-in-law took this pic while I was sweating and he sat in the comfort of a/c. I took some more pics on my camera, but I forgot to bring the camera into work with me. Now, before anyone gets on my case about using a chainsaw while wearing shorts, let me just say I did have glasses on...and it was very HOT. :-)
2263727.JPG

Click to View Image120 View(s)

drywalldog
17 years ago
Hope there was no poison ivy around.
pacman357
17 years ago
Hmmm...looks like snake country. SNAKES! EVERYBODY PANIC!

BTW, I used to stare in awe at my dad operating a chainsaw when I was a kid. There he'd be, cold rain or even snow falling on us, and he'd be sweating so much the steam would just be streaming from his body. I never understood that as a kid.

Then I grew up and found out: (1) just how much work that really is (I still prefer splitting over cutting), and (2) I've inherited my dad's overactive sweat glands.

Better you than me, pal!
pacman357
17 years ago
BTW...where the hell in Cincy is there a farm?
daveincincy
17 years ago
There's a lot of farm land in Cincy, well, not IN the city of Cincy, but in the neighboring areas, and plenty of farm land in Ohio...but this is in Kin-tuck-ee. 45 minutes - 1 hour from my driveway to this place.
daveincincy
17 years ago
...and no poison ivy...that I saw...or caught...and no poisonous snakes (thank God)...deer, turkey, and we've been told coyote (HEY, COOPER!)
big chief
17 years ago
Looks very pretty Dave. How big a place is it? How much is 'farmable'?

I gotta admit that when I first opend the pic, I saw the tire on your BIL's truck and thought 'Man, they just drove through some big pile o'shlt!'
daveincincy
17 years ago
83+ acres. If I had to guess, I'd say 1/3 or so is rolling fields that can easily be farmed. They used to grow tobacco on it, and from what we've been told, it also used to be run as a dairy farm originally. The house is 100 years old or so. The owner tried to research the history, but could only go back so far. Supposedly the building that housed all the records burnt down a long time ago so some records were lost...stay tuned for more pics.
Propadope61
17 years ago
You had more clothng on than I do when I have a chainsaw in hand

Its hard to get blood out of clothing
grmcooper
17 years ago
Looks like fun to me!!!
drywalldog
17 years ago
Good luck Dave, it looks like you are going to get some real pleasure relaxing on the farm.
jackconrad
14 years ago
Usually i pull my pants down before i take a dump..
daveincincy
14 years ago
That path is wide open now.
Buckwheat
14 years ago
Hey Dave,

Is that a green Toyota in the foreground?
daveincincy
14 years ago
Buckwheat
14 years ago

Silver FJ

daveincincy wrote:



Man that looks green in the pic. I've got a '07 Black Cherry. Looks like you have some nice mud tires on it.
DrafterX
14 years ago
excuse me, are you the singing bush..?? 😕
daveincincy
14 years ago
It's bro-in-laws...bigger tires, road armor front bumper...don't recall if he put any kind of lift on it or not. He may have up front to level it out. Personally, I drive a Jeep...awaiting mods when $$ ever comes available.
Users browsing this topic