pgje51
  • pgje51
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
and cd and 8-track players. A circa 1961 record player for the auto.
88735055127835211_t8GMChZd_b.jpg

Click to View Image133 View(s)

streetrod
14 years ago
Had one in my 66 chevelle SS396
sd72
14 years ago
Always heard about dads 57 hudson hornet with a record player in it. Never really seen one though. The power of music eh? Can't leave home without it.
tailgater
14 years ago

Had one in my 66 chevelle SS396

streetrod wrote:



I've never heard of a mobile record player.
Did it work well? Or did it skip over every bump?
streetrod
14 years ago

I've never heard of a mobile record player.
Did it work well? Or did it skip over every bump?

tailgater wrote:



I guess the question is.... bump or BUMP? On small ones it was usually ok, maybe a skip now & then BUT on the big bumps or pot holes (the road kind-not the smoking kind), if you did not pull the record out, it was a goner. Remember cruzin listening to records by the temptation, four tops, and many other R&B greats, along with the stones, hendricks......on & on. Great times. As they said in on Golden Pond, cruz chicks and suck face.

BTW, I think in my pile of crap in my garage, I might have one that my friend gave me from his 1968 Camaro SS.
Gene363
14 years ago
I knew a guy in HS that had one in a 1954 Chevy. The turntable was suspended on springs and he had a mechanical/spring reverb unit installed. It worked OK on relatively smooth streets. It was more for proving atmosphere while at the drive in move or, uh, parked. :)
Users browsing this topic