itsawaldo
14 years ago
Wow, this is the first high grade shotgun I have ever owned and I think its a beauty.
Beretta 391 Urika 12 GA
No markings on the bolt face or the inside of the reciever and the stock is near perfect too, this piece has hardly been shot in its ten years.
Cant wait to run some rounds through it.
beretta.jpg

Click to View Image129 View(s)

dubleuhb
14 years ago
Very nice, have fun and enjoy !
fishinguitarman
14 years ago
errasa
14 years ago
dpnewell
14 years ago

Who's Clay?

fishinguitarman wrote:



I was wondering the same thing....
Buckwheat
14 years ago

Who's Clay?

fishinguitarman wrote:



Clay Aiken
DrafterX
14 years ago
I think he got it to whack some guy named Clay Pigeon... I don't know the full story but he must've pissed Waldo off real good.... 😟
skinnykenny
14 years ago
🇨🇮 🇨🇮 🇨🇮 NICE 🇨🇮 🇨🇮 🇨🇮
Rclay
14 years ago
Should I be nervous?
knokmdwn
14 years ago

Wow, this is the first high grade shotgun I have ever owned and I think its a beauty.
Beretta 391 Urika 12 GA
No markings on the bolt face or the inside of the reciever and the stock is near perfect too, this piece has hardly been shot in its ten years.
Cant wait to run some rounds through it.

itsawaldo wrote:




Ah yes, the beauty of a quality shotgun. One of these days I will post a pic of my $16k competition Kreighoff.

Chris, originally there was a plastic bag with some stock spacers (probably 3) plus a steel washer (for lack of a better term) that has an off center hole in it. It will have some letters and numbers stamped on each side, as does the spacers. The black spacers are adjusters for stock drop and cast on/off and the metal piece goes inside the stock, a certain way. There will already be one in there now. They usually give you 2. All this stuff is for stock adjustment, in the event you need it. It may be close now, without doing anything to it. Shoot it a while and see what you think. Also put it on a patterning board. Ideally you want 50/50 or 60/40 for sporting clays. Don't use a rest when you pattern it. Free stand and mount the gun, point & fire without thinking too much about it or aiming too much. Take about 5 shots before you bother going up to look at your pattern (from 30 yds). When you do look at it, pay attention to the genreal masses of hits compared to your aim spot rather than the edges of a given shot.

Have some FUN brother!!!!


PS- I have one of those (391) that I got custom painted with 6 layers of metallic blue and purple splatter. Then tricked it out a bit with some crome pieces. I will have to post of pic of that one sometime also. I think RJCardema shot it when we met in Vegas a few years back.
Gene363
itsawaldo
14 years ago

Ah yes, the beauty of a quality shotgun. One of these days I will post a pic of my $16k competition Kreighoff.

Chris, originally there was a plastic bag with some stock spacers (probably 3) plus a steel washer (for lack of a better term) that has an off center hole in it. It will have some letters and numbers stamped on each side, as does the spacers. The black spacers are adjusters for stock drop and cast on/off and the metal piece goes inside the stock, a certain way. There will already be one in there now. They usually give you 2. All this stuff is for stock adjustment, in the event you need it. It may be close now, without doing anything to it. Shoot it a while and see what you think. Also put it on a patterning board. Ideally you want 50/50 or 60/40 for sporting clays. Don't use a rest when you pattern it. Free stand and mount the gun, point & fire without thinking too much about it or aiming too much. Take about 5 shots before you bother going up to look at your pattern (from 30 yds). When you do look at it, pay attention to the genreal masses of hits compared to your aim spot rather than the edges of a given shot.

Have some FUN brother!!!!


PS- I have one of those (391) that I got custom painted with 6 layers of metallic blue and purple splatter. Then tricked it out a bit with some crome pieces. I will have to post of pic of that one sometime also. I think RJCardema shot it when we met in Vegas a few years back.

knokmdwn wrote:



Good info, thanks much. I am a fairly experienced shooter but with a new shotgun I will heed your advice, I hope to be on the course Sunday, I will let you know how it goes. As to a pattering board that may have to wait until i take it indoors and shoot where I can put up a target, I am going to have to "wing" it to start!

The bag is there with the spacers, still stapled closed from the factory with the sling attachments too. This gun is super clean, 97% nice.

I cant imagine how cool your Kreighoff is, shooting for a living, what the heck did I did wrong not to have that gig!
fishinguitarman
14 years ago

Clay Aiken

Buckwheat wrote:








RAH?
schusler
14 years ago
knokmdwn
14 years ago

Good info, thanks much. I am a fairly experienced shooter but with a new shotgun I will heed your advice, I hope to be on the course Sunday, I will let you know how it goes. As to a pattering board that may have to wait until i take it indoors and shoot where I can put up a target, I am going to have to "wing" it to start!

The bag is there with the spacers, still stapled closed from the factory with the sling attachments too. This gun is super clean, 97% nice.

I cant imagine how cool your Kreighoff is, shooting for a living, what the heck did I did wrong not to have that gig!

itsawaldo wrote:




Chris,

Most ranges that have sporting clays and trap will have a patterning board somewhere on the property. Usually they let you use it for free. Most I think are big steel plates (or A big steel plate) with a curve to them so the bb's don't bounce back at you. With the metal plates, they use a paint roller coated with wheel bearing grease. You roll on a thin coat of grease which covers up all the bb imprints from the previous guy. Usually there's some type of hole in the middle, about the size of a half dollar, that you can put a piece of white paper in or just something you can see to aim at.
matchew
14 years ago
very nice.

You know, the Beretta plant is just up the road from here and i know people.

i coulda traded one of these for a couple quality smokes......[sarcasm]
madspackler
14 years ago
Beautiful. I hope it shoots as well as it looks.

Now go have some fun with it.
Users browsing this topic