Numismaniac
14 years ago
Nuff said!
0712021159.jpg

Click to View Image132 View(s)

DrafterX
14 years ago
🤔
different than the okra here..... 😟
daveincincy
14 years ago
That's ready for pickin?

I'm with Drafter....the okra I've seen (and eaten right off the plant) was green...assuming that's what Drafter was thinking.
Whistlebritches
14 years ago
I am an okra HO.......I don't care what color it is.


Ron
z6joker9
14 years ago
Since the picture was yesterday, how was it?
Numismaniac
14 years ago
Excellent, and prolly enough to pick today again. Okra is the gift that keeps on giving, right up to frost.

It's an heirloom red okra. Can be eaten when the pods are much onger than the green varieties, only thing the deer love it, and this patch is about 800' behind the house, over a small hill and next to woods.

I have to keep ground cayenne pepper shaken all over the plants to keep them from mowing it down, also had to put a lot of hose together to water it to this point.


I've had less than 3 inches of rain since the 1st of May!
Numismaniac
14 years ago
take note at some of the stems with the leaf eaten off near the top
Mattie B
14 years ago
Go by the local barber shop or salon. Take the hair clippings and spread it around the garden. The human smell will keep the deer away.
Whistlebritches
14 years ago

Go by the local barber shop or salon. Take the hair clippings and spread it around the garden. The human smell will keep the deer away.

Mattie B wrote:



I have a much better idea.....Use a rifle and make venison gumbo.


Ron
fishinguitarman
14 years ago

Go by the local barber shop or salon. Take the hair clippings and spread it around the garden. The human smell will keep the deer away.

Mattie B wrote:







You're not as dumb as you look....
bloody spaniard
14 years ago

... Take hair clippings and spread it around the garden. The human smell will keep the deer away.

Mattie B wrote:




Will hair off the head work too? [gonzo]
Oops, sorry. You probably wouldn't know.
🇨🇮



That is a gorgeous okra plant, Numi.
Please tell me that's corn growing in the background... not weeds. 😰
DrafterX
14 years ago

Please tell me that's corn growing in the background... not weeds. 8-[

bloody spaniard wrote:






don't tell him Numi.... 🤐 🤐
Numismaniac
14 years ago

Go by the local barber shop or salon. Take the hair clippings and spread it around the garden. The human smell will keep the deer away.

Mattie B wrote:




Not here, brother, got my own herd, a feeder on the hill behind the house trying to draw them away. When the does get old, they come to my field to die evidently. A couple years ago I had to shoo one off by taking off my shirt and hitting her on the rump as the little westie was barking at her heels.

Two have just "dropped" their babies in the woods right behind that patch, I've pizzed back there daily, put out hair clippings, blood meal, etc. The only thing so far that's worked besides the cayenne pepper has been for me to take off my sweaty t-shirt or underwear, and hang on the plants or on a shovel handle in the row. (good I don't have any visible neighbors, hehe, yes I walked back to the house buck azz nekkid, many times)

The deer will watch me walking/picking in the upper patch and just stomp and blow. Won't run off until I "fuss" at them or walk towards them.
Numismaniac
14 years ago

I have a much better idea.....Use a rifle and make venison gumbo.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:




Bingo!
Numismaniac
14 years ago

Will hair off the head work too? [gonzo]
Oops, sorry. You probably wouldn't know.
🇨🇮



That is a gorgeous okra plant, Numi.
Please tell me that's corn growing in the background... not weed. 8-[

bloody spaniard wrote:




Yes corn, otherwise mostly crabgrass, considered a weed, yes,


but sorry no weed this year, hehe (note change)
Abrignac
14 years ago

take off my sweaty t-shirt or underwear, and hang on the plants or on a shovel handle in the row



[-x

Amazing how food denegrates into sweaty drawers.....

🐴

Love me some okra though


=d>
Mattie B
14 years ago

You're not as dumb as you look....

fishinguitarman wrote:





I saw an old man cleaning up hair in the Barber Shop a while back. I thought the owner was just letting the old guy work for a few bucks. They told me that he spreads it around his garden to keep deer out.


I had never tried it, so wasn't totally sure it would work. Sorry it didn't work for you.



However, I'm all for thinning the herd!!!
Numismaniac
14 years ago
^^what did you expect at this place, brother!
Abrignac
14 years ago
Numismaniac
14 years ago
It once worked, but after a few years, they get a little more comfortable with the smell, they are pretty smart.

Hell, they know when season starts around here, all of a sudden, they smell humans everywhere in the woods, duh.

Users browsing this topic