cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago
Johnny-O! Flying Pig aka Butifarra (5 X 55) - dark colorado
FlyingPigComparison.jpg

Click to View Image418 View(s)

carls7069
13 years ago
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM![ram27bat]
Send em my way! [sarcasm]
Beautiful!
crgcpro
13 years ago
Send me one and i will add the uc pig to the pic.
ZRX1200
13 years ago
Nice lineup Carl!
nnightmar
13 years ago
Nice picture. Now how do they compare taste wise?
leftyposthole
13 years ago
To me, like alot of things, Johnny-o cigars are very confusing, How do you know what you are buying, the name doesn't tell you much, can't get any info out of him. Do you just send your money and takes your chances?
ZRX1200
13 years ago
^ that's what always worried me.
crgcpro
13 years ago
I've had 3 different vitolas of Johnny O's. One was very good, one was very bland, and one was very plugged. I think they say you need to smoke them very fresh or sit on them for at least two years.
leftyposthole
13 years ago
Yes thats what I hear pro. But how the heck do you know what you are buying. I would love to try some of his sticks, but frankly my pockets ain't deep enough to buy a pig in a poke. No this ain't Lefty moochin, I understand the secrecy a little since it is rumored some of his sticks are CC tobacco. But I ain't gonna buy a cigar I know nuthin about, let it rest for 2 years and have it turn out to be crap. Even the guys who buy them from his list on another site, can't or won't say much about them. I sent him an email once for some info and all I got was see list posted on such and such thread.
blueboy
13 years ago
Always heard of the Johnny O's but this is the first I've seen. Interesting looking stick.

Do tell how they compare to the pigs
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago

To me, like alot of things, Johnny-o cigars are very confusing, How do you know what you are buying, the name doesn't tell you much, can't get any info out of him. Do you just send your money and takes your chances?

leftyposthole wrote:


This is my 2nd purchase and was split with another BOTL. First was a sample bundle of different vitolas I asked for.
After reading reviews of different vitolas on a number of different sites I get the impression the name of the vitola is often very similar to a CC of the same or similar name. The Laguito No 2 (6 X 38) appears from reviews to be similar to a HdM - mild to medium, creamy, good morning or coffee smoke. The Mag47 (6 X 47) similar to the H.Upmann's. The Butifarra looks very similar to the H.Upmann version. I've never had an issue getting simple flavor profiles from John, but it won't be a Halfwheel-type of description with details. In my simplest layman's understanding of the wrappers is that they are graded, World Famous, Economically Advantaged, then Bundles. The origins of the tobacco I personally have no detailed confirmation, but all the ones I'v smoked had that certain "isom" flavor. But they are fresh. Will concur with others statements on the sick period and rest, in that you smoke a few immediately, and then let rest for at least a year or more. Have smoked one Butifarra and really enjoyed it. Will smoke another soon but the remaining will be tucked away along with some CC's purchased at end of year.

Before committing to a whole bundle for yourself consider a 2-3 way split or a sampler. This is the first I've seen the Butifarra's offered since I started smoking so there was some apprehension/risk. My first experience was positive, and I figured since they where good enough for Muhren to try, and less expensive than the Papa Frita trimmings, it was worth the risk at less than $4.50 a cigar. And after smoking one, glad I took the risk.
🇨🇮
leftyposthole
13 years ago
Campage
13 years ago
The o! Cigar from the box pass had some CC characteristics visually. Haven't smoked it yet so not sure.
jimbud
13 years ago
I've also been very curious about the Johnny Os. He definitely has his fans.
knokmdwn
13 years ago
If anyone wants a little info on Johhy-O cigars, LMK via my email address. I will forward a copy of an email discussion I had with him a couple years back. I don't believe his situation has changed.


r a y . pse (at) verizon dot net
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago
^ Very Interesting! Thanks.
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago
Topped for current conversation.
DBIII
13 years ago
Johnny O's are horrible, I recommend you all buy none. Thank you in advance.
hill5673
13 years ago
Send me one of each so I can give my "Expert" opinion.
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
11 years ago

less expensive than the Papa Frita trimmings, it was worth the risk at less than $4.50 a cigar. And after smoking one, glad I took the risk.

cacman wrote:


It's fun looking at old reviews. But some things never change.
Users browsing this topic