EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
and me at the Broken Spoke
365795.JPG

Click to View Image109 View(s)

redneck1
21 years ago
His dad was my hero when I was a kid. Saw Evil jump in the Astrodome once.
CWFoster
21 years ago
I saw Evel jump at the 'Dome too!
mydsooner
21 years ago
me too! But i dont remember much. I was like 8 or 9 years old i think.
redneck1
21 years ago
It would have to be the late 60's early 70's when we saw him. I was a grade schooler then.

jetblasted
21 years ago
Very Cool Photo, EI ... Loved his dad, too. I remember listening to the Snake River Canyon Jump on the radio as I was going home from a Little League Football Game as a Kid. Had the Doll / Cycle Toy, too.
mydsooner
21 years ago
i was born in '70. So yes i was very young...but my dad bought me a poster that was ruined from a house fire when i was 16.
BikerBob1961
21 years ago
I saw him at Sturgis in 03 and he wanted to jump again.
mydsooner
21 years ago
let me clear up my last post. Dad bought me the poster at the event. And it was ruined when i was 16
deadeyedick
21 years ago
I met Evil in the early '60's when he was in Phoenix trying to get sponsorship to jump the Grand Canyon.

I listened to him discuss his plans and believed he could pull it off.

DED
iwolf
21 years ago
evil tried to jump the snake river gorge kind of by where i live. the ramp he used is still there and man if u stand there and look at the gorge its crazy. i think he did it in a rocket car but didn't make it
iwolf
21 years ago
evil tried to jump the snake river gorge kind of by where i live. the ramp he used is still there and man if u stand there and look at the gorge its crazy. i think he did it in a rocket car but didn't make it
EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
He did it in a jet propelled rocket cycle and he may have made it if the landing chute didnt deploy when the rocket left the ramp..
Well he may have made it across the snake river but he probably would not have made a safe landing

he did land on the near bank of the river. if he would have gone into the river he would have drowned before they got to him
E-Chick
21 years ago
GREAT pic!!!


:)

Marla
cwilhelmi
21 years ago
I was born in Butte Montana and Evel lived down the street. We have pictures of my older brother in his garage with his bikes. Robby used to ride wheelies down our street, too bad I was too young to remember...
Users browsing this topic