Taps86
13 years ago

To Prosecute Bush would require Nacy Pelosi and Harry Reid and all Congress to be prosecuted and that would be unacceptible but i am all for Going after Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman in Effigy , oh and Clinton for that Bosnia debacle..

jackconrad wrote:



Bull****! Comparing IRAQ to others is ridiculous. Should we then consider 9/11 to Benghazi!
teedubbya
13 years ago
I love Reagan but he did sort if sell arms to the eye a tolla, send the money to the contras and lie about it all. I think some folks may have even gotten in trouble for it.
DrafterX
13 years ago
Obama lied to get re-elected... Mission Accomplished..!! 🤣
teedubbya
13 years ago
Good job brownie
engletl
13 years ago

I love Reagan but he did sort if sell arms to the eye a tolla, send the money to the contras and lie about it all. I think some folks may have even gotten in trouble for it.

teedubbya wrote:


That's not true at all...

Don't you remember, Ronnie said "I don't recollect..."

therefore he was innocent of Oliver North's misdoings along with his secretary shredding all those "useless" documents

#-o




[sarcasm]
DrafterX
13 years ago

Benghazi memos reportedly revised 12 times, official 'concerned' they would hurt State


New details about the Obama administration's initial story-line on the Benghazi attack are raising additional questions about top-level efforts to downplay terrorism, with one report showing a State Department official pushed to delete a section that could have been used to "beat up" her department.

The fresh reports have surfaced two days after three whistle-blowers testified on Capitol Hill about the Benghazi attack. One of them sharply challenged the administration's decision to describe the attack out of the gate as a protest gone wrong.

ABC News reported Friday that, despite administration claims that the flawed description reflected the best intelligence at the time, the talking points that led to the statement were revised 12 times.

Initial versions, as has been previously reported, contained references to Al Qaeda that were later deleted. But the latest excerpts show how State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland pressed the CIA to scrub references to the agency's prior security warnings.

According to ABC News, the original paragraph read:

"The Agency has produced numerous pieces on the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa'ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya. These noted that, since April, there have been at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants, including the June attack against the British Ambassador's convoy. We cannot rule out the individuals has previously surveilled the U.S. facilities, also contributing to the efficacy of the attacks."

But Nuland wrote that the lines "could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned ..."

The paragraph in question was then reportedly deleted.

The Weekly Standard, which referenced that exchange briefly in a prior account, also reported new details Friday, describing how then-CIA Director David Petraeus voiced surprise when he learned the Saturday after the attack that officials had deleted all prior references to Al Qaeda and jihadists, leaving only the word "extremists."

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice would use the final version of the talking points to say on several Sunday shows that the attack was triggered by protests over an anti-Islam film.

While administration officials and congressional Democrats have described the protracted debate over the talking points as politically motivated and inconsequential, the testimony this week drew new attention to it.

Greg Hicks, former deputy chief of mission in Libya, said Rice's comments actually hurt the FBI investigation by insulting the Libyan president -- who gave a conflicting account at the time by saying the attack was premeditated.

Hicks said the anti-Islam film was actually a "nonevent" in Libya, and his "jaw dropped" when he heard Rice's comments.

ABC News reported that the CIA's first drafts did say the attack appeared to be "spontaneously inspired" by the protests at the embassy in Cairo. However, the early versions also said "we do know that Islamic extremists with ties to al-Qa'ida participated in the attack."

The State Department and White House have continued to defend their actions and intervention in light of the new details.

After it was first revealed that references to security concerns -- in addition to references to Al Qaeda -- were removed, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said: "What we said and what remains true to this day is that the intelligence community drafted and redrafted these points."

He defended administration claims that the faulty statements were merely the product of incomplete intelligence in a rapidly changing environment. Despite the excerpts, he stood by claims that White House involvement was minimal.

"The fact that there are inputs is always the case in a process like this. But the only edits made by anyone here at the White House were stylistic and non-substantive. They corrected the description of the building or the facility in Benghazi from 'consulate' to 'diplomatic facility' and the like," he said.

State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell also said Rice's comments were based on the intelligence community's "best assessment that there was not any evidence of months-long pre-planning or pre-meditation, which remains their assessment."


Film at 11.... 😟
Brewha
13 years ago
Sure, but what did Fox have to 'report'?
Burner02
13 years ago
Guess nothing has changed, fuggin Dem's!
Brewha
13 years ago

Guess nothing has changed, fuggin Dem's!

Burner02 wrote:


Kneel to yo' masta'
[whip]
Burner02
13 years ago

Who's the the HNIC?

ZRX1200 wrote:





😂

Just saying!
HockeyDad
13 years ago

Kneel to yo' masta'
[whip]

Brewha wrote:




Yes, multinational globalist corporations control everything!
BlueDude
13 years ago
Big ears and Hagatha need to be held responsible.
Taps86
13 years ago
Go Figure....

CNN has obtained an email sent by a top aide to President Barack Obama, in which the aide discusses the Obama administration reaction to the attack on the U.S. posts in Benghazi, Libya. The actual email differs from how sources inaccurately quoted and paraphrased it in previous accounts to different media organizations.

The significance of the email seems to be that whomever leaked the inaccurate information earlier this month did so in a way that made it appear that the White House - specifically deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes - was more interested in the State Department's desire to remove mentions to specific terrorist groups and warnings about these groups so as to not bring criticism to the Department than Rhodes' email actually stated.



From: Rhodes, Benjamin J.
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:34 PM


Subject: Re: Revised HPSCI Talking Points for Review

Sorry to be late to this discussion. We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.

There is a ton of wrong information getting out into the public domain from Congress and people who are not particularly informed. Insofar as we have firmed up assessments that don't compromise intel or the investigation, we need to have the capability to correct the record, as there are significant policy and messaging ramifications that would flow from a hardened mis-impression.

We can take this up tomorrow morning at deputies.






http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/05/politics/white-house-benghazi-email/index.html? 
Taps86
13 years ago
This makes me think back about all the **** Condi Rice took.


Who do you believe anymore.

A key email in its “scoop” that the administration’s “talking points” on Benghazi had been changed a dozen times came from White House national security communications advisor Ben Rhodes. It seemed to confirm that the White House wanted the talking points changed to protect all agencies’ interests “including those of the State Department,” in the words of the email allegedly sent by Rhodes.

But CNN’s Jake Tapper reveals that Rhodes’s email didn’t mention the State Department, and doesn’t even seem to implicitly reference it. The email as published by Karl differs significantly from the original obtained by Tapper.

According to ABC’s Jonathan Karl, Rhodes weighed in after State Department’s Victoria Nuland, who expressed concerns about the way the talking points tk in “my building.” ABC quotes Rhodes saying:

We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation. We thus will work through the talking points tomorrow morning at the Deputies Committee meeting.

The email obtained by Tapper is very different.

Sorry to be late to this discussion. We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.

There is a ton of wrong information getting out into the public domain from Congress and people who are not particularly informed. Insofar as we have firmed up assessments that don’t compromise intel or the investigation, we need to have the capability to correct the record, as there are significant policy and messaging ramifications that would flow from a hardened mis-impression.

We can take this up tomorrow morning at deputies.

Significantly, the Rhodes email doesn’t even mention the controversial Benghazi talking points. Reporting by Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard paraphrased Rhodes’s email the same way – to depict him jumping in behind Nuland and protecting the interests of the State Department. Some on the right have suggested Karl and Tapper might be talking about two different emails, but in the ABC and CNN stories, the emails are dated identically, 9/14/12 at 9:34 p.m. Tapper provides the original; Karl did not.

Presumably, someone changed Rhodes’s email before leaking it to Karl, but ABC News hasn’t replied to the scoop by Tapper (who used to work there). ABC’s story added fuel to the Benghazi fire, we’ll see if CNN’s helps put it out.

jetblasted
13 years ago
Remember when the press was considered a watch dog and went after any scandal with gusto?

Maybe now that Obama is wire tapping the AP's phone lines, the press will finally come to reason, and take off their rose colored glasses.
RICKAMAVEN
13 years ago
blood

hilary's time is gone. i thinkg she hasn't the good sense

and judgement to realize it's time to bake cookies.

the small band of supposters the pant suite crowd wearing

double strenth tenas so they don;t leavea trails of uine as they

glide here and there with help from thier walkers are not a formidable

crowd. i look to christie
dubleuhb
13 years ago

Remember when the press was considered a watch dog and went after any scandal with gusto?

Maybe now that Obama is wire tapping the AP's phone lines, the press will finally come to reason, and take off their rose colored glasses.

jetblasted wrote:


Don't count on it, none of them have the spine to question boy wonders actions. They figure as long as they ignore it then it can't be news.
dubleuhb
13 years ago

blood

hilary's time is gone. i thinkg she hasn't the good sense

and judgement to realize it's time to bake cookies.

the small band of supposters the pant suite crowd wearing

double strenth tenas so they don;t leavea trails of uine as they

glide here and there with help from thier walkers are not a formidable

crowd. i look to christie

RICKAMAVEN wrote:


WTF does that even mean or say ?
teedubbya
13 years ago
Tell that to holder.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa is issuing a subpoena for Secretary of State John Kerry to testify before the committee May 21 about Benghazi, Issa announced Friday.

The move comes in the wake of new, "smoking gun" emails that show top White House officials working to craft a narrative that the attack was the result of a YouTube video and "not a broader failure of policy."

Republicans have expressed outrage that the documents were not provided earlier under subpoenas for them, but instead came out via a Freedom Of Information Request lawsuit by the conservative non-profit group Judicial Watch.

“Compliance with a subpoena for documents is not a game. Because your Department is failing to meet its legal obligations, I am issuing a new subpoena to compel you to appear before the Committee to answer questions about your agency’s response to the congressional investigation of the Benghazi attack," Issa said in a May 2 letter to Kerry.

On Thursday, House Speaker John Boehner called on Kerry to testify before the House to explain why the documents weren't provided earlier.

“The House used its subpoena power to obtain documents, including emails, last year, but these emails didn’t show up until now, after a court ordered their release to an outside watchdog group,” Boehner said.

“This defiance of the House’s subpoena power is the most flagrant example yet of the administration's contempt for the American people’s right to know the truth about what happened when four Americans died in a fiery terrorist attack. If the White House won’t explain it, Secretary Kerry should come to the Capitol to explain why he defied an official congressional subpoena. And the White House needs to understand that this investigation will not end until the entire truth is revealed and justice and accountability are served,” Boehner added.

“The email from Ben Rhodes demonstrates the Obama administration from the beginning misled Congress, the media and most importantly, the American people,” Majority Leader Eric Cantor said on Wednesday. “It is increasingly clear that this administration orchestrated an effort to deflect attention away from their failed Libya policy and the resurgence of Al Qaeda and other terrorists.”


WASHINGTON – Today, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., announced the issuance of a subpoena for testimony to Secretary of State John Kerry. The subpoena requires Secretary Kerry to appear before the Committee to answer questions at a public hearing on May 21, 2014.



“The State Department’s response to the congressional investigation of the Benghazi attack has shown a disturbing disregard for the Department’s legal obligations to Congress,” Chairman Issa writes in a letter to Secretary Kerry accompanying the subpoena. “Compliance with a subpoena for documents is not a game. Because your Department is failing to meet its legal obligations, I am issuing a new subpoena to compel you to appear before the Committee to answer questions about your agency’s response to the congressional investigation of the Benghazi attack.”



On April 17, 2014, the State Department sent a letter informing the Committee that it was producing previously unreleased e-mails subject to prior requests and subpoenas. These e-mails show that White House official Ben Rhodes coordinated talking points for then-Ambassador Susan Rice which encouraged an emphasis that the attack was “rooted in an Internet video, and not a failure of policy.”



“The fact that these documents were withheld from Congress for more than 19 months is alarming,” wrote Chairman Issa. “The Department is not entitled to delay responsive materials because it is embarrassing or implicates the roles and actions of senior officials.”



Yesterday, retired USAF Brig. Gen. Robert Lovell, who was in the operations control room in Germany on the night of the attacks, testified that the State Department never asked military forces to go save Americans in Benghazi during the attack.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/02/Issa-Subpoenas-Kerry 

Users browsing this topic