ASC
  • ASC
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
21 years ago
Also from NY Public Library Gallery...

Creator(s):
Hine, Lewis Wickes, 1874-1940 -- Photographer

Irish stogie-maker, Pittsburgh, 1909

In:
Series of photographic documents of social conditions, 1905-1939. / L. W. Hine. > Unit I, Immigration. (2), Life and labor in America with emphasis upon racial contributions (created 1905-1935, printed 1939)

Depicted Date:
1909
378659.jpg

Click to View Image108 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
That NYC public library gallery is one of the coolest things on the 'net. Plus the pictures can be used how ever you like, freebies that is.
jetblasted
21 years ago
Thanks for the very cool info, Thom. That picture's clarity is amazing. I bet the negative was huge.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
ASC

looks fascinating.

web site please.
Thom
21 years ago
Let me out here:

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm 

It's so cool I've got that sucker bookmarked. 🙂
jetblasted
21 years ago
Very Cool Site ... Time to go smoke a CAO Black for now ... thanks for sharing.
Thom
21 years ago
My mistake. These are not necessarily freebies, as I stated earlier.
ASC
  • ASC
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thom beat me to it RickMaven...that's the site. I posted a "Cigar History 3..." as well...the caption on that one is pretty fascinating I thought. It should still be on page 1 of the photo forum.

About the NY Public Library digital image collection...
There are over two hundred thousand individual items now and growing, for many collections are still in production and/or development. The goal is half a million images and more, though they will still represent but a fraction of the Research Libraries' overall visual holdings.
lsfire
21 years ago
Great pics, keep em comin.

Lance
Users browsing this topic