teedubbya
21 years ago
Sorry for butchering your name on the on the rum post
386718.jpg

Click to View Image95 View(s)

tpottiger
21 years ago
If you sent that to him for mis-spelling his name,



you can REALLY mis-spell my name ANYTIME!
ryantp
21 years ago
i'll take the RP please.
teedubbya
21 years ago
you are easy to please Ryan. Most of my RP vintages are under this shelf with the common folk 🙂
teedubbya
21 years ago
By the way Ryan, I'f gladly share a RP with you. Just don't ask for the shark, I've been eyeballin' that for months.
teedubbya
21 years ago
I'f = I'd

Damn coffee isn't even working today.
ryantp
21 years ago
you no likey the RP? the 1990 is great.
teedubbya
21 years ago
I love them Ryan. I like the 92 better. I've just been fortunate enough to pick them up (from here and elsewhere) and a reasonable enough price that they have become a "don't think twice" cigar to me. Ashton Maduros are getting there as well.

IE the Shark, Anjeo 49, PAM, PAN, La Auroras (plus a few unmentionables in the "sick" period) have to be smoked at the right time, conditions. The RPs I just grab and smoke.

I was actually saying you were not greedy.
teedubbya
21 years ago
The PAN next to the Gurkha cost $8.50 at a B&M. The same B&M had Padron 2000 on sale for $2.79 last week. I don't know how they do it.

It's a place in Missouri right accross the border from Kansas. Kansas = high sin tax. This place makes a killing selling tobbacco and alcohol.
ryantp
21 years ago
yeah, i'm not greedy.

fuente products have never really blown me away, though...and i've never smoked the auroras or a PAM/PAN.

teedubbya
21 years ago
When I first started smoking, Fuentes were the promised land if you could find them. I grew away from them for a long time. I'd smoke an occasional hemmingway (didn't even know there was a maduro) but was not all thet impressed.

This winter I stubled accross a few 49s and WOAMs. Still have not smoked the WOAM, but the 49 was excellent. It made me lust after the Shark. A quick trade with mrtelcom (thank you sir) and now I have one. But I don't have the heart to smoke it yet...what if I like it and can't get any more.

The ashton maduros I find them to be the best mild maduro out there. But most Fuente products don't excite me. Opus X are a good change of pace but I would never seek them out.

The same is true with CAO. I love the Brazilias and the Italias and have smoked most the rest of their line. Good not great (except the above).

Padron is the only line which I have not found a cigar I don't care for. I even like the ocassional fuma. I'm not sure what it is.
prime1010
21 years ago
TW

Let me know the address of that shop in Missouri. I'd like to stop by when I'm back in Kansas this summer.

Thanks,

David
teedubbya
21 years ago
Will do Prime. Drop me an email at teedub at myway dot com.

Here is a hint. Look for the giant red X in riverside.

It is a hit or miss place, there are obviously better cigar shops, but if you happen to walk in when they have something you like the price can not be beat (except on Fuente...the hemmingways they have are the same price as everywhere else)

Beware though, it is a very strange place. Tons of alcohol, dollar store, giant bell collection, everything but mini golf.
prime1010
21 years ago
Yeah, I know exactly where it is. I would always buy bottlerockets there before the 4th of July and take them back to Kansas.

David
Users browsing this topic